• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#29) Rangers @ Boston Bruins — Shippin' up

Phil

Smart move by the refs giving Pasternak the game misconduct.  He totally deserved it and somebody on the Rangers was going to retaliate against him in a big way before the game was over if he stayed on the ice.

The 2 minutes to Panarin was due to his contact with Pasternak after the hit.  You always get 2 minutes for roughing when you make strong contact after the whistle has blown.

The amazing thing was the crowd was quiet after the penalties were announced.  Obvious misconduct is obvious.

Edited by Br4d

Trouba had that fight coming. I totally get that.

Pasta blasting Lindgren all night if it was clean great, the last one was garbage. Made the first one look much better.

But by all means we've been the bug on the windshield the first 40.  Trouba I would think will look to run somebody over should he get the chance which could lead to a shitshow in which we'll get smoked. 

2 minutes ago, Valriera said:

That is the easiest game misconduct call in this history of hockey, what did Pastrnak think was going to happen? 

Pasta is lucky he got thrown out bc this would not have been a fun third for him. Hopefully we can shoot the puck a bit here 

In what way? Fredric I'm sure felt he got cheated in his deal with Trouba and would love to go with him again. Who else unless it's with a stick foul is going to do anything, anything? Goodrow in the past if his face wasn't flex sealed together, always went to bat when the situation called for it, usually losing one sided deals.  I don't see it to be honest. 

6 minutes ago, Steve said:

Rangers need a pure goal scorer, too much passing and cutie stuff that does not work against top teams. 

The Rangers are definitely missing the guy who can carry the puck to the net and put it in.

It's been a long time since we've had that.  Maybe back to Jagr in 2005-2006.

• Keeps it 100 1

Lindgren keeps getting run because the Rangers do nothing about it.  Teams are targeting him becuase they know he is the Rangers heart and soul but can't fight worth a damn to stick up for himself, and nobody on the Rangers will stand up for him.  Love this team my whole life but they are way to soft to win a cup.  

11 minutes ago, Valriera said:

That is the easiest game misconduct call in this history of hockey, what did Pastrnak think was going to happen? 

Pasta is lucky he got thrown out bc this would not have been a fun third for him. Hopefully we can shoot the puck a bit here 

What would the Rangers have done to him, hurl a few insults?  

The cycling is endless.  How are the Rangers going to penetrate a good defense when sending the puck back to the point is their #1 move?

Also, I think Fox penetrates better than any guy I have seen who never takes a shot off of it.

Edited by Br4d
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, delneggs said:

Lindgren keeps getting run because the Rangers do nothing about it.  Teams are targeting him becuase they know he is the Rangers heart and soul but can't fight worth a damn to stick up for himself, and nobody on the Rangers will stand up for him.  Love this team my whole life but they are way to soft to win a cup.  

Hey man, welcome. There's definitely a lot of truth to this. I think they are capable of winning but just need a few tweaks. Stick around and welcome again! LGR! 

2 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Hey man, welcome. There's definitely a lot of truth to this. I think they are capable of winning but just need a few tweaks. Stick around and welcome again! LGR! 

Thanks, I will.  Been a Ranger fan for many years but IMO, they stand no shot at a cup unless they develop a different team attitude about standing up for themselves and each other and responding to teams taking liberties.  

• Keeps it 100 1