• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #32] Rangers vs. Buffalo Sabres — Christmas Eve Eve

Drew a Penalty

2 minutes ago, phillyb said:

I'd like to see how the instigator shows up on the penalty summary on NHL's site. Everyone on the broadcast keeps talking about Johnson's instigator, but I still maintain it might not have been an instigator. 

I was trying to hear the in-arena PA, but the dipshits in the booth wouldn't shut the fuck up. 

GWVChQo.png

Ok, I got curious and it looks like there was an instigator in the PHI/DET game yesterday:

npioc0q.png

So I really wish the broadcast booth would shut the fuck about the mystery behind Johnson's penalty. It wasn't an instigator, it was an unsportsmanlike conduct. 

8 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Dude always became a 94 overall on my EA rosters. 

In NHL 94, Kovalev was god. Mostly because Neil Smith was a consultant to EA, and as talented as he was couldn't factor in being a knucklehead early in his career.

• Like 1

If a player other than the player who got hit initiates the fight they should get an instigator minor.  Maybe there are other penalties involved but this bullshit where every time somebody hits somebody hard they have to fight is ridiculous.  You get rid of it by handing out instigator penalties to the guys who come flying in looking for a fight and roughing penalties for the guys who come flying in with a glove to the face.

3 minutes ago, phillyb said:

Ok, I got curious and it looks like there was an instigator in the PHI/DET game yesterday:

npioc0q.png

So I really wish the broadcast booth would shut the fuck about the mystery behind Johnson's penalty. It wasn't an instigator, it was an unsportsmanlike conduct. 

Looks like the refs got a memo from the NHL this week. Johnson's behavior wasn't that egregious. 

• Like 1

NHL should change the penalty for challenging a guy to a fight just because he delivered a good, hard, legal check to 5 game suspension for 1st offence and you would see that crap stop.  Players should not have to be confronted and challenged just for a legal check.  

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Looks like the refs got a memo from the NHL this week. Johnson's behavior wasn't that egregious. 

Totally agree.

Which leads me to add an “Agree” emoji would be useful here. Maybe dump the lol for one since we have lmao.   Better yet is there a player that just sort of always seems agreeable to represent it?  Fox

• Like 1