• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#37) Rangers vs. Chicago Blackhawks — Let's Go Brennan

5 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Fox has become one of the largest defensive liabilities. What the hell happened?!

He goes through periods of forgetting we're not playing east-west any more and the turnovers pile up because there's nobody where he thought they'd be.

Just now, phillyb said:

Love Laf's backhand. I love that he uses his backhand. 

He had the rep of having an excellent backhand and then it went missing for 3 seasons.

• LMFAO 1

To be honest rangers played against an ahi team. There was so much space for them on ice. And no pressure from Chicago. I do not recall seeing such an easy game this season. Even Quinn’s sharks were much harder. 

Edited by Art20c
  • Like 1

A must two points and they got it. Hard to get too excited given the competition, but Othmann looked good. We'll see how Laviolette handles him going forward. I loved him getting bumped up. I thought this was a really good game to break him in with, no matter the line mates.

At one point in the World Juniors last year, Bedard actually centered a line with Othmann and Cuylle, and here they were in the same game with Brennan making his NHL debut.

Edited by Sharpshooter

9 minutes ago, Art20c said:

To be honest rangers played against an ahi team. There was so much space for them on ice. And no pressure from Chicago. I do not recall seeing such an easy game this season. Even Quinn’s sharks were much harder. 

Well, technically they played against an AHL team + Connor Bedard.

That kid is going to be great when they get some real players around him.

HasselhOthmann had a noticeable impact. Odd. Who would have thought?

And as we all know,  Germans love HasselhOthmann. Norm Macdonald GIF

The team looked a bit jovial on the bench and coming off the ice. Even Kreider looked like he was enjoying his team mates. 

Glad they didn't play down to their opponent. They all looked pretty good tonight. Everyone contributed a little something.  

Fuckin Wheeler throwing bombs with Tinordi ehhh? The bench gave him a hand for that. You can tell they're all pulling for the guy. 

I know it was just Chicago,  but it looked like adding a guy like Othmann boosted the energy level of the team. The things he does are really aspects that the Rangers have been lacking. Especially the willingness to shoot and get to the dirty areas of the ice for those shots. 

Fox looked a little more into it and had his legs moving a bit more. When he's skating backwards in the offensive zone with the puck glued to his stick, I feel like he's at that other level. He had a bad giveaway when he took that penalty though. Hopefully he's rounding back into his form. 

Edited by The Dude

29 minutes ago, Br4d said:

29 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Well, technically they played against an AHL team + Connor Bedard.

100 percent agree with that. Obviously Bedard has very impressive scoring record his first year in nhl but tonight our 1st overall looked better than theirs. 

Edited by Art20c
  • Like 1

Lafreniere was incredible tonight. The strides he’s taken this season are probably the most surprised I’ve ever been as a ranger fan. We had this same conversation against bad teams every year prior, where we’d all say “he can’t even do it against bad teams.” And he couldn’t.

Tonight? Dominant every single shift. 

Edited by Valriera

The Hawks were really never in this one tonight, no matter what the score said.  Even when it was 2-1, I didn't have much doubt were gonna take this one.

A super outing by Othmann, showing he may just be more of an answer than a question.  It was the Hawks, but still he has some pretty good fundamentals out there for a 21 year old!

A fairly spirited thread tonight...and here are the Top 15 nominees for last night's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by CCM...The choice of NHL helmet throwers!

3 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Joe in the pregame trying to tell us 15 year vet Bonino gives Othmann the best chance for success. Full on guzzling the company koolaid.

3 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

There’s Lafreniere “being carried by Panarin” again

3 hours ago, Keirik said:

I mean....You're allowed to at least face wash Bedard for colliding with Igor. He's not Gretzky. What's the worst thst happens, you pop a pimple?

2 hours ago, phillyb said:

Obv no goal, so maybe a goal? lol

2 hours ago, phillyb said:

How to predict NHL reviews properly: 

- Use logic to determine what the call should be

- Say the opposite will happen!

2 hours ago, Abe Froman said:

Did someone turn off the screw the Rangers button? 

2 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Watching the replay from last year after the embarrassment loss and Trouba throwing the helmet…he definitely went into the locker and pulled out the Tampon. Dude playing with attitude ever since. 

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

Sam is about to orgasm over Othmann 

2 hours ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

All cylinders firing tonight. Love seeing us intercept their rushes and go like a raped ape the other way. 

1 hour ago, Abe Froman said:

I tried the mechanical bull once and got thrown on my ass. 

1 hour ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Wow that’s a terrible goal to let up.  Chicago might want to put a garbage can in net.  

1 hour ago, siddious said:

Welp… wheeler fights as well as he skates fast

1 hour ago, jsrangers said:

That's automatic jail time for punching an old man like that. 

1 hour ago, Pete said:

The only thing slower than Wheeler's feet are his hands. 

1 hour ago, phillyb said:

Stop with this logic. Let me react emotionally please. 

Back on the winning side of town tonight, and a fairly solid game by Igor.  I didn't really get an idea of Bedard because Schneider was draped all over him most of the game.  Pretty good job by the kid!

...and tonight's winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to @phillyb Philly!  I swear I thought that goal was getting disallowed!  I gotta admit I was literally shocked when they called it good! 

I can't figure these fucking calls out, so I just go with Philly's formula the rest of the way!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Thanks 2
  • VINNY! 1
  • Applause 1

2 hours ago, Keirik said:

And right there is why Laviolette is eons of a better coach. First NHL game and he tried Othmann already at RW on the top line as Wheeler was in the box. If that were Gallant, it would have taken 77 games and 14 roster RIP occurrences to happen 

Not my job to develop players ... Still makes me cringe

• Keeps it 100 1

Between the holidays, work, and kids home from college time has been too thin. It sounds like I missed a darn good game and the debut of Othman, but with the little I did catch it looked like our number 1 line was doing it once again with beast mode bread and Laffy was flying.   

3 hours ago, Valriera said:

Lafreniere was incredible tonight. The strides he’s taken this season are probably the most surprised I’ve ever been as a ranger fan. We had this same conversation against bad teams every year prior, where we’d all say “he can’t even do it against bad teams.” And he couldn’t.

Tonight? Dominant every single shift. 

Have to agree. His confidence all season has been sky high. He’s definitely passing the eye test most nights.

4 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Have to agree. His confidence all season has been sky high. He’s definitely passing the eye test most nights.

He's playing with better players.

Imagine being a playmaker and your linemate on the other side is Kaapo Kakko who just can't hit the net.

5 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Must be his all-bread diet. 

• LMFAO 1