• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#38) Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens — Saturday Night at the Bell Centre ... What Could Go Wrong?

7 minutes ago, Keirik said:

Trouba almost shot it through Mony blow (not a typo) 

Money blow #1 star tonight.49 shots. Loser point it is   

Edited by Ducky

Just now, siddious said:

Missed most of it but what I saw wasn’t very good 

The Rangers were just flatout sloppy in their own zone.  Should have given up 5 goals in regulation.

• Like 1

Laffy couldn’t buy a goal all game long. Let’s have him try the shootout, what an “awesome” effort….

Got one point, but it is increasingly harder for the Rangers to win with a lackadaisical effort, especially in the first half of the game. Maybe they learn, that this kind of effort isn’t enough for the bottom teams much less for others. Let’s see what’s they will do against the Canucks. Good night everyone….

Down 3-0 and got a point on the road, take it and move on. If Montembleaut doesn't make a circus save on Mika in the shootout, we're having a much happier conversation. 

Edited by Bugg
  • Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

Just now, Bugg said:

Down 3-0 and got a point on the road, take it and move on. If Montembealt doesn't make a circus save on Mika in the shootout, we're having a much happier conversation. 

Or even about 20 other saves he made in regulation and overtime. He was a beast.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

Miller is in outer space tonight. 

With 12 seconds left in OT, the camera cut away as Miller took the puck safely behind the net.  He was so bad tonight that I knew he wouldn't come out with it.  When the camera came back after missing two seconds, sure enough, he had turned it over and was committing a penalty to try to get it back.  I just don't think he will ever be reliable defensively on a consistent basis.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Sod16 said:

With 12 seconds left in OT, the camera cut away as Miller took the puck safely behind the net.  He was so bad tonight that I knew he wouldn't come out with it.  When the camera came back after missing two seconds, sure enough, he had turned it over and was committing a penalty to try to get it back.  I just don't think he will ever be reliable defensively on a consistent basis.

He often bounces back after games like this and is dynamite offensively. 

His decisions with the puck in his own end have been kinda bad lately. Last night he had one of those passes across his own goal mouth and then later the total brain fart on the play with the penalty. 

Not to defend Miller but Panarin had a horrible give away that almost cost them the game that Quick had to make a good save on late in the 3rd.  Miller just makes bone headed plays sometimes.   Not sure that’ll ever change but lots of players make bad passes that lead to good scoring chances against.  

7 hours ago, Sod16 said:

Nailed it. I thought the same exact thing. It’s like the cameraman knew it too and said “nobody has to see this”.

This is why he’s the piece I’d move to get a long term top 6 RW. Love the offensive flashes, as other teams would especially ones who have little offense provided from their blueline, but I have next to no faith in him defensively. It just isn’t there.

I’ll take the loser’s point on the road after going down big early on. 
Not a good effort though. Certainly not their worst. Not good either. 

Really spotty night for a bunch of guys.

And while I won’t outright say their goalie stole it, he was phenomenal. Really was the difference last night 

Edited by RangersIn7

11 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Nailed it. I thought the same exact thing. It’s like the cameraman knew it too and said “nobody has to see this”.

This is why he’s the piece I’d move to get a long term top 6 RW. Love the offensive flashes, as other teams would especially ones who have little offense provided from their blueline, but I have next to no faith in him defensively. It just isn’t there.

If they had a legitimate replacement for him, then yeah, maybe you do that.

But IDK who you slot in there. 

His defensive game has improved some, so I think faithless is a bit excessive. Still though, he does have some pretty big and noticeable lapses. 

7 hours ago, Sod16 said:

Maybe next year Laviolette will have enough cred with Drury and Miller to suggest a switch to center?

If that worked out the Rangers would be set.

Well, except for RW of course.