• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS #39] Rangers vs Vancouver Canucks — Jack Adams Battle

This team's issues aren't because they are missing Chytil and Kakko. Those are decent players, but the issues run deeper than that. Much deeper. It's been evident for multiple years. It's been evident for the majority of the season underneath a fool's gold record. It's evident right now. The clock is going to start ticking on Laviolette to get something that looks different out of this roster, because so far it hasn't happened

• Keeps it 100 2

Just now, BrooksBurner said:

This team's issues aren't because they are missing Chytil and Kakko. Those are decent players, but the issues run deeper than that. Much deeper. It's been evident for multiple years. It's been evident for the majority of the season underneath a fool's gold record. It's evident right now. The clock is going to start ticking on Laviolette to get something that looks different out of this roster, because so far it hasn't happened

Yup. Add Chytil and Kakko and it's the same group of Zoloft stars, moping their way to win, if they feel like it.

• Keeps it 100 2

The problem is the Rangers have too many guys who want to make the great pass and not enough that want to take a decent shot instead of trying to make that great pass.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Worst defensive Rangers team since the early 2000s. Laviolette no better than Gallant or even Ron Low.

Okay I'll stop now. 

Maybe Gallant wasn’t 100% to blame for how last season went.  Maybe the players effort has something to do with on ice results.

• Bullseye 2

6 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I think Bryce Lampman was a top prospect at some point.

And it's not like we rolled out much better for a while, either. Even post-lockout we were sitting around like OMG WHY WON'T THEY CALL UP KONDRATIEV AND BARANKA.

OMG this franchise is so bad stop reminding me 

Just now, fletch said:

Maybe Gallant wasn’t 100% to blame for how last season went.  Maybe the players effort has something to do with on ice results.

I have said it was more of a problem with the core group than the coaching, and it still seems to be the case. Laviolette can still do better navigating the lineup, but players just aren't performing. The same bad habits.

13 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

At this point, it feels indisputable that Kakko is a better option than Wheeler. 

The guy they really miss is Chytil, though. I can't deal with Bonino and Goodrow getting real minutes anymore.

100%. I keep reminding myself they won without 2 pieces that were planned for big roles, that luck is running out as depth lack always floats to the top.  They need a legit RW bad and a center. 

3 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Wrong, this team looks dramatically different with those two (don’t forget pitlick) in the lineup. We have four effective lines instead of two. We have lost more games to injury this year so far than in any previous season and we have a better record. Laviolette is donng just fine.

Don’t over complicate the last couple games. The team has played shit defense and our goalie can’t make a save. That’s going to lead to losses. 

Maybe you rotate a few players to rekindle some commitment to D idk, but it’s an easy problem to solve and you’re not going to win every game

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

5 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

You mean they are just as consistently inconsistent as they’ve ever been? Lavi may had over estimated the members of this team…

53 minutes ago, Phil said:

Need goals. These guys ain't scoring 'em.

Can't score when you're not playing.  Othmann had 5 orv6 SOG in his first game. Was super noticeable and was rewarded with 7 minutes of ice in his next game.  Then 7:30 (I think thats generous by time keeper as it was 4:50 midway through the 3rd and i dont think hevsaw the ice at all) tonight.  

It's not like anyone else was scoring. The Panarin line carries this team again. Much like GG, Laviolette is going to the same well, by mixing and matching the same 6-7 forwards in spurts . Using no imagination and not sending any messages to vets. 

Hell. He should be mixing up the D pairs. He's not doing the things he preached early on. He's trying not to step on vets toes, while not using hungry young players to push them. 

It's time to split 20/93. They're too comfortable. They're too cute.

Maybe even demote Miller to the 3rd pair. Or push Trouba up. Make an actual change. Take back the room. 

Edited by The Dude

1 minute ago, jsrangers said:

Life is hard carrying that much weight of your own hair on your shoulders.

Prozac! Paxil! Pexeva! Zoloft! Lexapro! By your powers combined, I don't feel like getting out of bed today.

9 minutes ago, Br4d said:

The problem is the Rangers have too many guys who want to make the great pass and not enough that want to take a decent shot instead of trying to make that great pass.

They have to much finesse, and not enough guys who want to hit and go to the net.

4 minutes ago, Cr00zng said:

You mean they are just as consistently inconsistent as they’ve ever been? Lavi may had over estimated the members of this team…

He's got a few months yet to get this team's shit in gear, but I think he's going to have to start getting creative and send some messages. It might lead to some short term pain in exchange for long term gain.

• VINNY! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

I have said it was more of a problem with the core group than the coaching, and it still seems to be the case. Laviolette can still do better navigating the lineup, but players just aren't performing. The same bad habits.

My open question is how much vets like Kreider, Zib, Panarin can raise their compete level in the playoffs when everyone raises their game.  I didn’t see it in the Devils series in the playoffs.  The hope is Laviolette can light a fire in the vet core in the playoffs.  But after last year’s collapse I am a skeptic that the core vets can still elevate their game to match what opponents are going to bring in a playoff series.  Physical tough direct hockey vs cross-ice passing finesse.  Screening in front of the net or drifting to the side away from contact.

3 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

He's got a few months yet to get this team's shit in gear, but I think he's going to have to start getting creative and send some messages. It might lead to some short term pain in exchange for long term gain.

GG broke up the Bromance.  It didn't work.

2 minutes ago, fletch said:

My open question is how much vets like Kreider, Zib, Panarin can raise their compete level in the playoffs when everyone raises their game.  I didn’t see it in the Devils series in the playoffs.  The hope is Laviolette can light a fire in the vet core in the playoffs.  But after last year’s collapse I am a skeptic that the core vets can still elevate their game to match what opponents are going to bring in a playoff series.  Physical tough direct hockey vs cross-ice passing finesse.  Screening in front of the net or drifting to the side away from contact.

Not only did they not lift their game, they all folded like an accordion. It was something to see.

20 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

I think Bryce Lampman was a top prospect at some point.

And it's not like we rolled out much better for a while, either. Even post-lockout we were sitting around like OMG WHY WON'T THEY CALL UP KONDRATIEV AND BARANKA.

"Jason Doig is going to be the next Beukeboom"

"Layne Ulmer killed it in Jrs, why aren't they giving him his chance!!??"

"I can't believe they trade a top prospect in Novak,  we are going to regret that one for years"  

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

"Jason Doig is going to be the next Beukeboom"

"Layne Ulmer killed it in Jrs, why aren't they giving him his chance!!??"

"I can't believe they trade a top prospect in Novak,  we are going to regret that one for years"  

I see your Layne Ulmer, and raise you a Petr Smrek!

• LMFAO 1