• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Sharks Fire David Quinn

"We don't mind a wrap, but it has to be a wrap with a purpose!"

I randomly yell this at D men in practice. It's great. They look at me like "Why is that loser goalie coach yelling at me?"

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Don't understand why an NHL team would want him at this point

Exactly, fans don't understand. Because fans don't see what happens behind the scenes.

You know what I don't understand? How anybody can look at his body of work with the teams he had and make a determination that he's not a good coach when he never had a roster that was meant to win anything. 

8 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Don't understand why an NHL team would want him at this point

What Pete said isn’t wrong plus him and Sullivan are good friends if I remember correctly 

11 minutes ago, siddious said:

What Pete said isn’t wrong plus him and Sullivan are good friends if I remember correctly 

I'm Not saying whether or not he's a good coach, what I'm saying is nobody here knows. 

He's also not going to be a head coach, he's going to be an assistant, so there's that. 

Jesus couldn't win with that Sharks roster last season.  I have no fucking clue what happened out there and I don't really give a shit, but I'm glad to see he found a spot as an assistant.  I thought he was railroaded, but that's just me and I drink a lot!

...Oh by the way:  I hear Stanton's home run from last night just landed in Utah!   LOL

6 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

he got fired by a team that might've been tanking for 1OA pick. 

Yeah, but he's billed as a development coach. He didn't really do anything for the Rangers' best young players (do we give credit for Fox?). The Sharks went backwards for 2 years, and who did he help there? Just Karlsson for one year? They could have kept him to bring along Will Smith and Celebrini, but canned him instead. I dunno. Just doesn't seem like a guy who's proven anything

3 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Yeah, but he's billed as a development coach. He didn't really do anything for the Rangers' best young players (do we give credit for Fox?). The Sharks went backwards for 2 years, and who did he help there? Just Karlsson for one year? They could have kept him to bring along Will Smith and Celebrini, but canned him instead. I dunno. Just doesn't seem like a guy who's proven anything

he hasnt, not in the NHL.  I think he was rushed by the rangers into a NHL head coaching job.  He should've earned his stripes as an assistant for few years because NHL isnt NCAA.  He was a good coach in the NCAA was known for developing players there, but like i said, NHL isnt NCAA.