• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Panthers — Eastern Conference Final General Series Thread

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

3 hours ago, Valriera said:

I think given how effective Rempe was last night I strongly consider bringing wheeler in next game. The thing that’s different about Florida than Carolina is that having size really nullifies what they’re trying to do, which is hurt you and pin you in your zone. If you are durable enough to take some contact and make a play, exactly like trouba did in overtime, and you can break out of your zone that way, then they really don’t have much to do except hope to grind you down. Against Carolina being big didn’t matter since they don’t hit you, they beat you to pucks, but Florida is different.

I would consider this lineup tomorrow:

Kreider-Mika-Kakko

Breads

Cuylle-Chytil-Wheeler

Goodrow-Wennberg- Rempe

Roslovic to me this is not the right series for him, it actually is ok for Kakko who fits the big with hands bill, and Wheeler is the same way. I would give this a look

I like this lineup but would consider adding Edstrom to the fourth for Wenneberg, for this series. Need to bring the pain on them. I think we could completely throw them off their game with the size n physicality. 

This series will be decided by when and if the Rangers PP wakes up.  It's that simple.  Scratching out wins like last night without any PPGs is just too tall an order to expect more than once or twice.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Posted (edited)

Rempe discussion aside, hitting these guys is important.  Knocking them off the puck and causing them to think about it was huge last night.  We have to do it every night and even at that it will be a war.

Start winning special teams and we could really do some damage.  That and Bobrovsky converges to the norm. 

Edited by Bieser

For all of the talk about how Florida was gonna mop the floor with us 5v5, through 2 games we both have 2 goals at 5v5.

It will be nice if Mika could wake up at all in this series. The guy looks lost. And all of that aside, Barkov is just dominating that matchup. 

4 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

For all of the talk about how Florida was gonna mop the floor with us 5v5, through 2 games we both have 2 goals at 5v5.

It will be nice if Mika could wake up at all in this series. The guy looks lost. And all of that aside, Barkov is just dominating that matchup. 

Just now, Dunny said:

Didn't really notice Barkov last night. 

Kind of just neutralizing each other right now.

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

44 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

This series will be decided by when and if the Rangers PP wakes up.  It's that simple.  Scratching out wins like last night without any PPGs is just too tall an order to expect more than once or twice.

Yeah.

PP needs to get going. 

1-12 in their last 5 games. 

I know MSG has bad ice during Knicks and Rangers concurrent runs but the ice was terrible in Carolina and players were falling all over the place again yesterday (well after the Knicks were booking tee times).  Is it simply that players are trying to make sharper turns and at higher speed at this time of the year or is there something related to player equipment or the the ice itself?

While we are on the subject of equipment does anyone remember a time when so may snapped sticks have been littering the ice almost every game?  Are they making the sticks differently somehow?

5 minutes ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

I know MSG has bad ice during Knicks and Rangers concurrent runs but the ice was terrible in Carolina and players were falling all over the place again yesterday (well after the Knicks were booking tee times).  Is it simply that players are trying to make sharper turns and at higher speed at this time of the year or is there something related to player equipment or the the ice itself?

While we are on the subject of equipment does anyone remember a time when so may snapped sticks have been littering the ice almost every game?  Are they making the sticks differently somehow?

Heat and humidity outside can be a factor too, despite l the buildings being climate controlled.  

• Keeps it 100 1

5 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

I agree 100% on Wheeler. They could use the size and strength, and not necessarily speed. Plus he has more offensive prowess in his pinky toe than a Vesey or a Kakko.

BB - You have to be kidding.  Yes, Blake has some size but he is beyond slow.   He's friggin 37 (38 in August) and hasn't played in weeks.    Is some scoring prowess (from years ago) going to move the needle?  

I know, I've been touting KK all year and the results aren't there (yet).   But, he brings speed, solid puck handling and his line(s) have created scoring chances.

It's going to be guys like KK, Vesey, Chitil, Schneids and Cuylle that win this series.   Once Panarin, Zibs and Kreider stop with the "alligator" arms and quick look-ups to avoid checks, this team can be a force.   

Wheeler is done !

On 5/19/2024 at 10:38 PM, Vodka Drunkenski said:

wtf did I just read

You know I meant everyone adding their stupid cat memes right?   I wasn't calling the board posters a bunch of pussies.   Just to be clear.

LGR 

• LMFAO 1

27 minutes ago, JJ in VA said:

BB - You have to be kidding.  Yes, Blake has some size but he is beyond slow.   He's friggin 37 (38 in August) and hasn't played in weeks.    Is some scoring prowess (from years ago) going to move the needle?  

I know, I've been touting KK all year and the results aren't there (yet).   But, he brings speed, solid puck handling and his line(s) have created scoring chances.

It's going to be guys like KK, Vesey, Chitil, Schneids and Cuylle that win this series.   Once Panarin, Zibs and Kreider stop with the "alligator" arms and quick look-ups to avoid checks, this team can be a force.   

Wheeler is done !

You can call me Mr. Brooks thanks

• LMFAO 2

2 hours ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

This is one aspect I really miss about having JD do color commentary. He would go on rants about how these composite sticks made "overseas" snap like twigs, and that when he played they used "good Canadian lumber." 

I mean, he's not wrong, but it still came across as "things aren't what they used to be" generational rhetoric. 

3 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I could be wrong but don’t sticks break easier because of the flex that’s built into them?   

If model is apples to apples, all flexes have the same breakpoint, the thing is you can't be a 200 lb guy trying to use a 65 flex. If you're using the appropriate flex, sticks shouldn't break just because they're more stiff or whippier.

3 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Totally disagree on Barkov But my points have been covered by others. 

Regarding "all the talk"... The people talking haven't been right about anything since it start of the playoffs. If we didn't sweep Washington it wasn't good enough, Carolina was too fast, Florida was too physical... And yet somehow the Rangers keep meeting the challenge despite the disrespect not only from the media but from their own fan base. 

This team has special something going on.

17 minutes ago, Pete said:

If model is apples to apples, all flexes have the same breakpoint, the thing is you can't be a 200 lb guy trying to use a 65 flex. If you're using the appropriate flex, sticks shouldn't break just because they're more stiff or whippier.

Can’t say I know much about stick composition but I was under the impression that the more a stick is used the breaking point increases.  
I do know my shot is harder now than when I used wooden sticks back in the day.  

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Can’t say I know much about stick composition but I was under the impression that the more a stick is used the breaking point increases.  
I do know my shot is harder now than when I used wooden sticks back in the day.  

Yeah, usage matters, but a 65 flex for somebody at 150 lb should behave the same as an 87 flex for somebody who's 180. 

Edited by Pete

38 minutes ago, Pete said:

Totally disagree on Barkov But my points have been covered by others. 

Regarding "all the talk"... The people talking haven't been right about anything since it start of the playoffs. If we didn't sweep Washington it wasn't good enough, Carolina was too fast, Florida was too physical... And yet somehow the Rangers keep meeting the challenge despite the disrespect not only from the media but from their own fan base. 

This team has special something going on.

For sure.

Florida does feel like it’s going to be the hardest, heaviest challenge. I won’t lie, there were points last night where for all of the goodwill built this season, I wasn’t sure about our ability to breakthrough on them and even if we did, breakthrough on Bobrovsky.

But it’s a series. Gonna be ups and downs. He’s played good, our offense hasn’t clicked into high gear yet. Will be interesting to see what happens when it does. And to be honest, I feel extremely confident going into Florida to play them. Maybe even more so than having them play us at the Garden.