• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Panthers — Eastern Conference Final General Series Thread

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

Believe boys. Believe. 

Our beloved Rangers had a helluva season and it’s nowhere near over. We showed why we won the President’s Trophy repeatedly. No quit in NY isn’t just a marketing slogan. Not this year. 

We have fallen off our pace but I’m confident the guys know that. Confident they talk about that. Confident Laviolette knows what to say and who’s button to push. 

We’ve met a good adversary. But it’s not like they are invincible. We’ve watched too many games recently where we are beating ourselves. We’ll get back on track. 

Believe. LFGR!

• Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 6

14 minutes ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Believe boys. Believe. 

Our beloved Rangers had a helluva season and it’s nowhere near over. We showed why we won the President’s Trophy repeatedly. No quit in NY isn’t just a marketing slogan. Not this year. 

We have fallen off our pace but I’m confident the guys know that. Confident they talk about that. Confident Laviolette knows what to say and who’s button to push. 

We’ve met a good adversary. But it’s not like they are invincible. We’ve watched too many games recently where we are beating ourselves. We’ll get back on track. 

Believe. LFGR!

Oh hell yea I don’t believe we’re done for a second.

• Cheers 1

Last night's game meant way more to Florida to win.  They were pretty much done if they lost.  Would've had to win 3 in a row with 2 games being at MSG.  A Rangers win meant control of the series.  Loss meant that they are in a dogfight.  They still have the upper hand being at home 2 of the 3 games.  Take game 5 and they are back in the driver's seat.  

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Believe 2

4 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Cuylle was streaking to the net on the play too. I think if Zibanejad just throws a low hard shot on net there’s a good chance for a deflection, screen, or rebound. That pass was straight out of playoff Panarin’s cookbook from years past.

Throw it anywhere but where you did, towards the net, get it deep, anywhere else. 

I thought Boyle and Valli nailed it in the post game. Taking about the shot attempts US vs them. They basically said our lack of is causing us to have to be almost perfect on a play to score a goal. There's no chaos in front as a whole. No dirty work, no grease according to Valli. At the same time causing Igor to have to be at his absolute best. Valli at one point even saying he wondered if Igor wasn't playing out of his mind if others would be stepping up their games. One other point when it comes to the shot attempts, we're having to chase those pucks down and getting thumped or having to be in the lanes all the time and getting hit with/blocking a lot of shots, again getting abused.on the other end we're not doing the same. 

They certainly put a premium on shot attempts and what having a high volume of them causes on us etc.  I makes sense  and as the both said it's time to find the grease and not more for their/our collective hoops. 

I still think they can win 2 of the next 3! But not without drastically playing much much better. The ice can't be tilted the way it has been. Lastly the quotes from Mika and Kreider don't inspire any confidence. I hope they find their balls prior to puck drop. God forbid Igor doesn't t stand on his head. 

• Keeps it 100 1

Wysh:

It's not simply him [Shesterkin]. If you dive into the actual numbers inside the large shot attempt total in game 3, you find out 34% of their 108 shot attemptswere on goal, lowest rate of their post season. Only 1 shot attempt off a rebound. Only 5 had the goalie in motion.

Goes on to say how much better Florida was in game 4, and yet they still needed overtime.

Reason to believe, folks.

• Like 1
  • Believe 4

31 minutes ago, Pete said:

Wysh:

Goes on to say how much better Florida was in game 4, and yet they still needed overtime.

Reason to believe, folks.

I think that's bang on. Never felt he's been too taxed. He's played great, but as the data suggests, Rangers are doing a good job suppressing certain types of shots that are back breakers. Shesterkin just has to be quick and square, and he's always that.

• Bullseye 1
  • Applause 1

Agree, but at the same time they allowed according to the post game crew 7 break in one on ones on Igor. He may not being taxed (don't totally agree)but not sure that's acceptable any way you look at it. If the guy turns human they're in a shotload of trouble unless all the usual suspects pick their shit up. Can they do it, hopefully so. 

Tomorrow is a new day.

I believe they will clean up the garbage play that led to games three and four and if they don’t they don’t deserve to win anyway. Both of those games were just terrible in our own end. 

34 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Since the Barkov line is killing the Zibanejad line why don't they try a checking line against them like Goodrow, Wennberg, Kakko?

This is what I would like to see in using home ice advantage. Mika's getting crushed there, someone else may as well be crushed instead. 

47 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Since the Barkov line is killing the Zibanejad line why don't they try a checking line against them like Goodrow, Wennberg, Kakko?

In Florida it was the Bennett line more than half the time against Mika. Lavvy wants Mika against Barkov, when he gets the matchup that's what he rolls with and Barkov didn't do shit in New York. 

47 minutes ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

Looks like Miller-Schneider back together. While Gus-Trouba is a shitshow, I think you get more cumulative value this way.

We get to match up that third pair and hide them at home.