• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers-Panthers — Eastern Conference Final General Series Thread

How many games for the Rangers to win?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

12 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

But yet people think there is a conspiracy against the NYR. I think this proves the NHL needs the NYR. 
What would the ECF look like if it was Panthers/Canes?!?! 

9 minutes ago, siddious said:

I think people mistake shitty reffing for a conspiracy 

Refs have been brutal going both ways. I'm sure Florida want that a penalty shot for Barkov, and it should have been. Reinhardt should have been penalized for the punch to Trouba. Kakko getting tripped right in front of the ref in the third period, the list goes on.

Just saying....

Game 1 - Devils Win

Game 2 - Rangers Win

Game 3 - Rangers Win

Game 4 - Devils Win

Game 5 - Devils Win

Not advocating for this..but this is one of those times I'd like a guy like messier behind the bench. Someone who has done it to rip into his players that they need to do better. 

• Like 1

On 5/29/2024 at 10:40 AM, Phil said:

To me, that's indistinguishable. We've seen that this Rangers team can keep pace with this Panthers team, but they're mostly beating them on special teams, not at even strength, and this Rangers team is continuing to show us that when the Panthers turn it on, the Rangers have no answer. It's hope and prayer and requiring Igor to play like a god.

I don’t like saying it but the Panthers are too big and too fast. It’s over. Rangers need to make some off season changes and seriously consider trading Breadman and Mika.its just not working. 
Shame but it’s the truth. Rangers had a great regular season. Still have a lot of young guys and are getting better. Can’t say it’s the coaching cause we did that last year pointed at Gallant but we are seeing the same result with a different coach. See you guys next year. It’s been fun. I’m very glad to discover this New York Rangers website. Hope everyone has a great summer. Hope the Rangers learn from this and make a couple of changes. Hope Rempe goes for off season skating/training to improve his skill. Rempe has been a great pleasant surprise and the sky is the limit with this kid. He will be back next year. We just need to get a little bit bigger cause Florida is showing it. Good night Rangers fans. It’s been fun! 
LGR 

• Applause 1

If the Rangers get eliminated Drury is going to have a very tough off-season.

You can't go into next year with the top of the lineup the same and expect different results.  Not after Mika and Bread disappeared in crunch time for the second year in a row.

Hoping for a miracle here because otherwise we're fucked as Drury and Laviolette try to fix things.

• Applause 1

6 hours ago, RangersLEETCH said:

I don’t like saying it but the Panthers are too big and too fast. It’s over. Rangers need to make some off season changes and seriously consider trading Breadman and Mika.its just not working. 
Shame but it’s the truth. Rangers had a great regular season. Still have a lot of young guys and are getting better. Can’t say it’s the coaching cause we did that last year pointed at Gallant but we are seeing the same result with a different coach. See you guys next year. It’s been fun. I’m very glad to discover this New York Rangers website. Hope everyone has a great summer. Hope the Rangers learn from this and make a couple of changes. Hope Rempe goes for off season skating/training to improve his skill. Rempe has been a great pleasant surprise and the sky is the limit with this kid. He will be back next year. We just need to get a little bit bigger cause Florida is showing it. Good night Rangers fans. It’s been fun! 
LGR 

It's not over yet.  But yeah if they get eliminated it's a bad look.

1 minute ago, Blue Heaven said:

Rangers are missing Vesey of all players

Vesey wasn't the guy who was going to make a difference this series.

A healthy Fox or an accountable Panarin would have been a real help though.  You have to wonder if Panarin is still feeling the effects of the flu from the last series?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

yea, a bottom 6 guy missing is the reason

Defensively responsible, key cog on the PK, probably the best player they could possibly put on 1RW at this juncture.  

Obviously Mika/Kreider/Panarin are MIA, but everyone hated on Vesey before he got injured but he would have shored up either the bottom 6 or 1RW.  Vesey 8:00-10:00 > Rempe 3:00

Edited by Blue Heaven
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Defensively responsible, key cog on the PK, probably the best player they could possibly put on 1RW at this juncture.  

Obviously Mika/Kreider/Panarin are MIA, but everyone hated on Vesey before he got injured but he would have shored up either the bottom 6 or 1RW.  Vesey 8:00-10:00 > Rempe 3:00

Once Florida starts playing their game, the Rangers look lost.  Vesey isn’t going to stop the turnovers in their own zone, Vesey isn’t going to stop the soft perimeter play, Vesey isn’t going to help the long stretches without even a shot on goal.  

WTF is Artemi Panarin actually doing on the ice every game?

He's not even getting bad shots from the perimeter let alone driving into the slot the way he was during the regular season.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

It's obvious the Rangers can hold their own. This is a consistency issue. 

Just win one game. That's the focus right now. 

This team has brought their best in desperation mode, setting records for come back wins. They are absolutely capable of doing it again. The ride isn't over. I keep having flashbacks of the stadium series against the Isles. 

• Believe 4

52 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Gotta win four and it’s only 3-2. At this point what they need to do is clear to everyone so it’s just a matter of will they do it. We all know they can.

"They know what they have to do."  - GG before he got it in the neck because they didn't do what they had to do.

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 2

Posted (edited)

Rempe can't play if its'4 minutes in a grinding game like this where the Cats get last change. 

Wennberg/Roslovic/Kakko; really swap them out wholesale for any combo of Wheeler, Johnny Hockey, Edstrom, Othmann. Bad enough the big guns are shooting blanks, can't have a Jerry's Kids line giving you nothing but agita. Don't understand their MO; you're the 3rd line, shoot and go to the net. Instead pointless attempts to cycle where sooner rather than later the bigger Cats get the puck, or pointless passes that are turnovers. 

Or dress Jones to give the banged up D some rest. 

Gotta change some variables here. 

Edited by Bugg