• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #2: Rangers vs. Florida Panthers — What's New Pussycat

1 minute ago, phillyb said:

Prevent? LOL. You guys watch the same sport I do, right? All season long, every decade, right? When do players PREVENT shit?

To quote @Phil players like Rempe are here to exact revenge, not prevent shit from happening. Now do suicides for saying something so ridiculous. 

Yup, you're not going to be able to prevent or deter a team like Florida from hurting your players. All you can hope to do is get your licks in and banging up their guys. This is going to be a bruising series regardless. 

The hitting is fine.  What I don’t like is players jumping into the hit with their skates off the ice.  That should get called.  It is a defined penalty.  But it doesn’t.

Lindgren needed to hit Tkachuk along the boards a few minutes ago and not let him skate away unchecked.  That is the difference between these teams

• Applause 1

Just now, Steve said:

Lindgren needed to hit Tkachuk along the boards a few minutes ago and not let him skate away unchecked.  That is the difference between these teams

Was thinking the same thing. When you get a guy like Tkachuk in a vulnerable position like that, you don't pass up the opportunity. This series is gonna be a long grind and you gotta bruise their top guys when you can. 

6 minutes ago, siddious said:

first time in 4 games this team looks engaged. 

This argument is so lame it should be the official slogan of the Carolina hurricanes 

I guess you missed the third period of game six against Carolina and the third period of last game. 

The only argument that's lame is that Rempe matters.