• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #2: Rangers vs. Florida Panthers — What's New Pussycat

Posted (edited)

I’m a big proponent of Rempe playing.  It’s a simple recipe, he plays they win.  I lost track of the exact records with him in the lineup and out of the lineup but I know it’s at least 2 losses with him in it.  I think it’s actually 21-3-1.  2 regular season losses and 1 loss against Carolina last series.  

Edited by RJWantsTheCup

Posted (edited)

Rempe was good he played smart while still throwing it around..

I will say that he’d currently be sitting in a holding cell in The Hague awaiting a war crimes trial had he thrown the Kulikov hit on say Lundell.. 

Edited by Flynn
  • Bullseye 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Jdog99 said:

Fine. But Zibanejad still sucks

Utter bullshit. Zib's defensive matchup is probably one of the top 5 forwards in the NHL - who, not incidentally, has zero points in the series thus far. And on the other side, maybe you heard that the guy actually won the fucking Selke Trophy for being the best defensive forward in the league. Zib's degree of difficulty is higher than anyone else's in this series. Very much does not suck.

Edited by RodrigueGabriel
  • Bullseye 1

1 hour ago, lefty9 said:

Go with wheeler Kakko is stuck in quick sand 

Not sure how Wheeler helps that. If it's a fourth line role, it's gotta be Kakko. 

43 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I’m a big proponent of Rempe playing.  It’s a simple recipe, he plays they win.  I lost track of the exact records with him in the lineup and out of the lineup but I know it’s at least 2 losses with him in it.  I think it’s actually 21-3-1.  2 regular season losses and 1 loss against Carolina last series.  

If Rempe dresses, he needs to be deployed the way he was last night. Dressing him for 4 minutes a game doesn't do anything. 

Even Ferraro commented on the record at immediately said "It's not because of Rempe, but The record is what it is".

I'll keep saying it, you can't dress him because he's a spirit animal. The argument that you need to dress the guy because of a record is it ridiculous argument. 

You dress him because he skates relatively well for a big man, gets pucks deep, gets in on the forecheck, and goes to the net... And obviously the hits. 

But you don't dress him for luck. 

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Noticed that their players started flinching when rempe would approach for a hit, even if he'd get there late or slow up. This caused panic and they gave away possession a few times when a clean outlet could've been available 

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

If Rempe dresses, he needs to be deployed the way he was last night. Dressing him for 4 minutes a game doesn't do anything. 

Even Ferraro commented on the record at immediately said "It's not because of Rempe, but The record is what it is".

I'll keep saying it, you can't dress him because he's a spirit animal. The argument that you need to dress the guy because of a record is it ridiculous argument. 

You dress him because he skates relatively well for a big man, gets pucks deep, gets in on the forecheck, and goes to the net... And obviously the hits. 

But you don't dress him for luck. 

Right. Rempe for 10 minutes a game with 3rd period and OT shifts was not an option. The choices in the debate were Rempe bench vs Rempe 5 minutes.

Lavi decided to start trusting him more last night, and that changes the equation.

• Bullseye 1
  • Applause 1

What I'm concerned with Rempe for the next 2 games is that it's on the road and Maurice will be line-matching against Rempe.  

and for the love of god, put Kakko back instead of Roslovic.  At least Kakko is somewhat defensively responsible, good along the boards....Roslovic doesn't bring much at this point besides speed.  

9 minutes ago, Valriera said:

It turns out that skating, being big, getting the puck deep, and hitting tends to win hockey games

Imagine Ina. Season or three this lineup will

hsbe Rempe edstrom and roebreck who are all roughly 6’7”. On top of Cuylle who’s already a hitting machine. 

19 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Keep Barkov in check too

Im not worried about Barkov honestly. He’s an excellent hockey player but he doesn’t scare me. Tkutchuk scares me. He can take over a game.
And also hoping Reinhart doesnt get it going. I know Bill Pidto is suffering somewhere, but fuck Bill Pidto. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Albatrosss said:

Im not worried about Barkov honestly. He’s an excellent hockey player but he doesn’t scare me. Tkutchuk scares me. He can take over a game.
And also hoping Reinhart doesnt get it going. I know Bill Pidto is suffering somewhere, but fuck Bill Pidto. 

Barkov is such an under rated guy. Easily the best defensive center in the game right now, makes passes that can make you wet yourself and can score too. 

I’d argue he’s more important to shut down then Tkachuk. Tkachuk will muck it up and get the team going but barkov will make a difference on the score sheet. 

6 minutes ago, siddious said:

Barkov is such an under rated guy. Easily the best defensive center in the game right now, makes passes that can make you wet yourself and can score too. 

I’d argue he’s more important to shut down then Tkachuk. Tkachuk will muck it up and get the team going but barkov will make a difference on the score sheet. 

He’s underrated offensively because he doesn’t score much. He racks up assists. But im do not respec him like i respect Tkutchuk. 

15 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

I’m worried about him, but not to shut him down. He’s unplayable from a matchup perspective, but the guy is not going to hurt you like a Crosby will. He reminds me more and more of what Kakko could be watching him play, which is a very effective 200ft forward who can’t be knocked off the puck and who is a relentless checker. It’s a player you want 100 of on your team but they’re not going to light the lamp on you without a few chances.

Crosby, you give an inch he takes a mile. That’s not barkov

6 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

He’s underrated offensively because he doesn’t score much. He racks up assists. But im do not respec him like i respect Tkutchuk. 

He had 80 pts and is a pt per game In the playoffs.

Tkachuk had a whopping 8 points more

1 minute ago, Valriera said:

I’m worried about him, but not to shut him down. He’s unplayable from a matchup perspective, but the guy is not going to hurt you like a Crosby will. He reminds me more and more of what Kakko could be watching him play, which is a very effective 200ft forward who can’t be knocked off the puck and who is a relentless checker. It’s a player you want 100 of on your team but they’re not going to light the lamp on you without a few chances.

Crosby, you give an inch he takes a mile. That’s not barkov

That’s right. Exactly what I meant