• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #3: Rangers vs. Florida Panthers — Starts With a W!

7 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Lafreniere is the new star who can get the job done. You’d have traded him for a 3rd round pick 8 months ago. The old stars are watching Laffy and Goodrow drag them to the Finals.

The prophecy is being fulfilled. Igor and Laffy and Tro with a mix of Matteau Goodrow, let’s go Rangers!

Anyone with a brain knew Laffy would be a star.  He just needed time.  He started to show shades of it towards the end of last year.  He’s the real deal and Drury should lock him up long term this summer.

22 minutes ago, goondman said:

Even when they win, i lose! During game-6 i finally divorced myself from this turd of an organization; torched the last vestiges of fandom... Apparently my wife didn't believe me.

She had the game on waiting for me to get home from work so we watch it together. Told her I'm getting in the shower, let me when they lose! Ya, that didn't go over well. talk about stepping it in! One's lady waiting to watch 'the game with you'... Figured someone would think this is funny.

Welcome back

I don't know about stealing these last two games, but definitely this one. You need your goalie to steal playoff games on the road, and this was it. Despite the two goal lead, they were pretty much outplayed. Game two was very competitive and felt like a chess match out there. No matter, Florida is a tough match up, and their playstyle gives the Rangers fits. They've been able to pretty much take Panarin out of the series. Having said that, they're right there with them. How about Lafreniere, though? Man, those were two beauties.

• Believe 1

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

I don't know about stealing these last two games, but definitely this one. You need your goalie to steal playoff games on the road, and this was it. Despite the two goal lead, they were pretty much outplayed. Game two was very competitive and felt like a chess match out there. No matter, Florida is a tough match up, and their playstyle gives the Rangers fits. They've been able to pretty much take Panarin out of the series. Having said that, they're right there with them. How about Lafreniere, though? Man, those were two beauties.

At some point you have to surrender to the belief that it only matters what happens on the ice. 

Not every team can give you that belief. This team does. 

They have intangibles that are clearly evident beyond what happened here under that fucking clown show Gallant.

It's been evident all season. It doesn't matter if they win at this point, winning is really fucking hard. This is a quality fucking team that I'm happy to have been able to enjoy this season watching. 

• Applause 1

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

At some point you have to surrender to the belief that it only matters what happens on the ice. 

They have intangibles that are clearly evident beyond what happened here under that fucking clown show Gallant.

It's been evident all season. It doesn't matter if they win at this point, winning is really fucking hard. This is a quality fucking team that I'm happy to have been able to enjoy this season watching. 

Gallant never would've called that timeout this afternoon and we would've gotten rolled 7-4 if he was still behind the bench.

• Bullseye 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ALEXIS! 1

8 minutes ago, VegasRanger said:

Welcome back

Nope, I'm out, done, over it.... I get 0 enjoyment anymore. In the back of mind, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Bam, disappointment again! I don't know how they've made it this far, but I hope yall get to see the cup raised!  I for one am beyond caring, as k ow its just gonna happen. Somewhere down the line, theyll F it up

• Believe 1

1 minute ago, Pete said:

This has been a great run, and perhaps more enjoyable than past deep runs. Of course, getting to the Cup Final is imperative, but this group is just more fun to watch. Better pace, more talent, better playstyle and depth. They actually finished off two series in less than seven games. 🤣 This team has had some truly Stanley Cup moments in the playoffs that just vibe. Winning is hard, and that trophy is the hardest to win. Four grueling best of seven series to take it home. The fight for the Cup is just halfway over.

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

This has been a great run, and perhaps more enjoyable than past deep runs. Of course, getting to the Cup Final is imperative, but this group is just more fun to watch. Better pace, more talent, better playstyle and depth. They actually finished off two series in less than seven games. 🤣 This team has had some truly Stanley Cup moments in the playoffs that just vibe. Winning is hard, and that trophy is the hardest to win. Four grueling best of seven series to take it home. The fight for the Cup is just halfway over.

This. Good teams win a Cup, for sure, but they always win it with a HEALTHY dose of luck. One bounce in one game changes everything this time of year. It's up to the hockey gods when teams are as evenly matched as the four left.

And yes, finishing the first round in 4 and the second in 6 is not something I'm used to. That, more than anything else, made me think that, just maybe, these guys are different from the Rangers I've come to know. 

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

Been a hell of a ride. Like I said 6 to go. 

• Cheers 1

Miller himself basically gifted Florida two goals. That made it look worse than it was, but again, your goalie will need to steal games on the road in the journey to the Cup. The depth and battle level of this team is something to behold. It would've been easy to completely collapse after squandering a lead like that quickly, but they picked themselves off the mat and continued to fight.

12 minutes ago, goondman said:

Nope, I'm out, done, over it.... I get 0 enjoyment anymore. In the back of mind, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Bam, disappointment again! I don't know how they've made it this far, but I hope yall get to see the cup raised!  I for one am beyond caring, as k ow its just gonna happen. Somewhere down the line, theyll F it up

I bet you'd disown your kids if they brought home straight B's on their report card, too

• Like 1
  • LMFAO 1

13 minutes ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

This. Good teams win a Cup, for sure, but they always win it with a HEALTHY dose of luck. One bounce in one game changes everything this time of year. It's up to the hockey gods when teams are as evenly matched as the four left.

And yes, finishing the first round in 4 and the second in 6 is not something I'm used to. That, more than anything else, made me think that, just maybe, these guys are different from the Rangers I've come to know. 

Healthy dose of luck my ass 

5 minutes ago, Karan said:

Still can't get over the level of pure filth in this.

One of the best goals of the playoffs. What a showing for Lafreniere this postseason. Taking his regular season into the second season, maybe even being better.

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

5 minutes ago, VegasRanger said:

I bet you'd disown your kids if they brought home straight B's on their report card, too

Oh, come on! I get your point, but somewhere in the back of your mind, your thinking, he's probably right? Maybe not

Those 2 Laf goals were sweet , especially the 2nd one after I think Bob saved it ?Then Laf came back and danced around and waaaa laaaa !! They don’t show replays worth a shit there and I was on the far end up high 

• Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, Karan said:

I'm I'm glad he's finally showing his draft pedigree. It's amazing how much a player can show you in a season after showing nothing for three. Maybe, possibly, the coach might have something to do with it. 

• Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, Karan said:

oh shit...i didn't realize he scored a beauty and kicked bob in the face all in one fellow swoop...this guys f'n one of a kind...not sure ide even take tkachuk over him at this point

• The Chyt! 1
  • ALEXIS! 1