• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #3: Rangers vs. Florida Panthers — Starts With a W!

Just now, Red White and Brew said:

What are you talking about. He was the only reason the Rangers even had a chance today

That's the beautiful chaos of hockey. He's the only reason they won, but he let up to complete dog shit goals. 

• Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, goondman said:

Oh, come on! I get your point, but somewhere in the back of your mind, your thinking, he's probably right? Maybe not

Nope.  Been a fan since 1971/72 or so.  Seen many times where they have gotten my hopes up and let me down.  Right back there the next season.  Win or lose, still a fan no matter what, unless they move to Philly or Boston.  They may not win it this year, but, they have a great chance to do it.  It is evident that this team does not give up (well, maybe occasionally they play like crap) as proven by all the come from behind wins this season.

I hear Utah is looking for some fans.  Maybe you can get a fresh start there and not have history to look back on.

• Like 1
  • CK20! 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

Posted (edited)

Please tell me there's no way Trouba is on this team next year. It would be a travesty.

I'm giving him away for a 7th round pick...for free if need be...and retain 1-2m if i have to.

Then I'm locking up Laffy long term. 8M for 10 years maybe?

Then I'm going to Zibanejad and asking him to waive his NTC...not cause I think he'll accept...just to rub it in his mopy f'n face that his performance/production is not acceptable. Not for 8.5m over the next 6 years. Maybe you light a fire under his ass. If not - he can watch his but buddy kreider finish off a legendary NYR career in the top 6 while he mopes away on the third line.

Edited by Jdog99

1 minute ago, Jdog99 said:

Please tell me there's no way Trouba is on this team next year. It would be a travesty.

I'm giving him away for a 7th round pick...for free if need be...and retain 1-2m if i have to.

Then I'm locking up Laffy long term. 8M for 10 years maybe?

Then I'm going to Zibanejad and asking him to waive his NTC...not cause I think he'll accept...just to rub it in his mopy f'n face that his performance/production is not acceptable. Not for 8.5m over the next 6 years. Maybe you light a fire under his ass. If not - he can watch his but buddy kreider finish off a legendary NYR career ine top 6 while he mopes away on the third line.

You do realize they won, right? 

Jesus Christ can we settle down?

• LOL 1
  • Believe 2

Just now, Pete said:

You do realize they won, right? 

Jesus Christ can we settle down?

i prob wouldn't even bother if we lost...ide just give up hope on and move on

• LMFAO 1

Miller and Trouba were atrocious today, I hope they both play better in game 4 because Igor can't be this good every night.  Our D corp needs to move their feet, make clean breakout passes and stop turning it over in our end constantly. It would also help if they would hit someone.  Panarin, Kreids and Mika need to show up big time in game 4 too.   

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

Will these guys stop making me feel dumb? I mean, I love it, but jeez, a man can only stuff down so much crow before he starts coughing up feathers. 

"Goodrow is the most overpaid 4th liner in history."

"Lafreniere is a bust."

"Wennberg might be the most useless trade deadline add of all time."

It’s working for us.  Don’t change a thing.  Who do you hate in the next game?  (lol)

While Panarin, Kreider and Zibanejad need to be better, they're up 2-1 in the series. You take that all day, and again, goes back to the contributions from our depth guys. Our top players getting shut down? We've had goals from the Goodrows and Wennbergs of the world, while our top pick shines in their place.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Dem said:

Watching a post game n EVERYONE is saying Rangers stole these last 2 games. I don't see it. I see 2 very evenly matched teams and one has a better goaltender. Blow me in Macy's window bitches!!!

Not sure what games you have been watching. The Rangers have no business being in this series at the moment. The stats certainly suggest it has been a closer series, but the eye test shows the Panthers going on longer periods of dominance. 20 minutes to 10 today in offensive zone time. 

They have been slow to start games, the energy level has not been there, and the special teams has been a huge let down. They are not making crisp passes, not corralling the puck clean, and the number of turnovers leading to high danger opportunities is staggering. 

We have 1 point from Mika, Panarin and Kreider combined. And yet, we regain home ice advantage with a chance to go up 3-1 on Tuesday. We cannot play much worse. Florida cannot play much better. Let’s get the next one. 

6 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Since when do “shot attempts” mean anything.  What does that mean?  Does an errant shot that whistled by a fellow teammate count?  People are so into stats they make up meaningless ones and try to give them significance.  This one’s especially meaningless.  Shots ON goal and saves?  Ok.  Even blocked shots, ok.  But not this crap.

• Keeps it 100 1

8 minutes ago, Jdog99 said:

i prob wouldn't even bother if we lost...ide just give up hope on and move on

1 minute ago, Red White and Brew said:

Not sure what games you have been watching. The Rangers have no business being in this series at the moment. The stats certainly suggest it has been a closer series, but the eye test shows the Panthers going on longer periods of dominance. 20 minutes to 10 today in offensive zone time. 

They have been slow to start games, the energy level has not been there, and the special teams has been a huge let down. They are not making crisp passes, not corralling the puck clean, and the number of turnovers leading to high danger opportunities is staggering. 

We have 1 point from Mika, Panarin and Kreider combined. And yet, we regain home ice advantage with a chance to go up 3-1 on Tuesday. We cannot play much worse. Florida cannot play much better. Let’s get the next one. 

Well Red White you should probably give up now and cry defeat. I'm sure there's some soccer to watch!

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ausman said:

Since when do “shot attempts” mean anything.  What does that mean?  Does an errant shot that whistled by a fellow teammate count?  People are so into stats they make up meaningless ones and try to give them significance.  This one’s especially meaningless.  Shots ON goal and saves?  Ok.  Even blocked shots, ok.  But not this crap.

It's almost like Carolina all over again. Some were going on and on about how badly the Hurricanes were outshooting the Rangers, but a lot of them were from the outside or not really threatening. Meanwhile the Rangers have scored six goals on their last 24 shots in their two wins. They've been an opportunistic team all year.

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Keeps it 100 1

Call it what you want — fate, luck, whatever.  But the Panthers did leave Wennburg wide open by 20 feet in front of their net in overtime.  For that alone, they deserved to lose.

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

46 minutes ago, goondman said:

Nope, I'm out, done, over it.... I get 0 enjoyment anymore. In the back of mind, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. Bam, disappointment again! I don't know how they've made it this far, but I hope yall get to see the cup raised!  I for one am beyond caring, as k ow its just gonna happen. Somewhere down the line, theyll F it up

Do us and yourself and your wife a favor.  Lock up your guns and knives and toss the key in the sewer.

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

It's almost like Carolina all over again. Some were going on and on about how badly the Hurricanes were outshooting the Rangers, but a lot of them were from the outside or not really threatening. Meanwhile the Rangers have scored six goals on their last 24 shots in there two wins. They've been an opportunistic team all year.

Exactly the same shit as you point out. Fla def getting more high quality chances than the Canes. But throwing the puck near the net from a bad angle should not be a stat. Vast majority are not on goal. All the prognosticators who've counted out the Rangers last 2 series are trying to justify the fact that they don't really know what they are talking about about. 

• Keeps it 100 1

Negativity aside...Laff needs to replace Zib on PP1...NOW.

Sorry, but you can't have Laf on the bench to start the PP at this point. Its just not acceptable.

• ALEXIS! 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

This is dead on. We go as far as depth and goaltending takes us. This is why we struggled in years prior. No depth, and our top players are SERIOUSLY prone to snakebitten streaks and inexplicable disappearances. 

This year, the top 6 has predictably vanished after the first two rounds, but we're finding a way. We keep saying "if Kreider, Zib and Panarin come alive, watch out," but I don't think that awakening is forthcoming. This is who they are and what they do year after year. The difference this time around is we can overcome it. 

This is the reason you need depth.  Playoff opponents will try and very often succeed in bottling up your primary weapons.  But if you have depth, you can defeat those efforts, not by your stars scoring but by having the guys they’re ignoring scoring.

• Keeps it 100 1