• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #3: Rangers vs. Florida Panthers — Starts With a W!

7 minutes ago, Jdog99 said:

Negativity aside...Laff needs to replace Zib on PP1...NOW.

Sorry, but you can't have Laf on the bench to start the PP at this point. Its just not acceptable.

Could replace Fox as well. One of them because either of them are useless right now.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Could replace Fox as well. One of them because either of them are useless right now.

Fox.

Kreider.

Zib.

Nothing thus far. 
They’re up 2-1. 

Those 3 need to get going. 

Edited by RangersIn7

I could have used an 8pm start as I drove 12 hours home from Florida but the call by Dan and Don was fantastic the entire drive. I just watched the goal replays and laffy is a playoff studd, it’s time to get him on PP1 somewhere.

Side note we escaped a truck blow out in front of us taking just some minor skirt damage. The car in front wasn’t as lucky and will need a new nose. 

Igor is the hero as well, blessed to have him in net.  I questioned his mental capacity at times during the past 2 regular seasons but no longer a concern if letting one will get in his head.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

19 minutes ago, ausman said:

Since when do “shot attempts” mean anything.  What does that mean?  Does an errant shot that whistled by a fellow teammate count?  People are so into stats they make up meaningless ones and try to give them significance.  This one’s especially meaningless.  Shots ON goal and saves?  Ok.  Even blocked shots, ok.  But not this crap.

Well you know how everyone begs the Rangers to shoot the puck, especially on the PP right now? That’s why it means something.

No stat means more than the final score though!

33 minutes ago, VegasRanger said:

Nope.  Been a fan since 1971/72 or so.  Seen many times where they have gotten my hopes up and let me down.  Right back there the next season.  Win or lose, still a fan no matter what, unless they move to Philly or Boston.  They may not win it this year, but, they have a great chance to do it.  It is evident that this team does not give up (well, maybe occasionally they play like crap) as proven by all the come from behind wins this season.

I hear Utah is looking for some fans.  Maybe you can get a fresh start there and not have history to look back on.

Was thinking Bluejackets... I dont think i could do it tho. Invested decades of emotion into this team. More than likely ill just fade away. Kinda like i was before some of you brought me back from ledge back then. When say the ledge I'm referring to quitting as a fan...

5 minutes ago, ausman said:

This is the reason you need depth.  Playoff opponents will try and very often succeed in bottling up your primary weapons.  But if you have depth, you can defeat those efforts, not by your stars scoring but by having the guys they’re ignoring scoring.

💯 

You keep seeing graphics thrown up about how this is Reinhart first power play goal in X-Tries, same with Barkov, this is just kind of what happens in the playoffs where great players sometimes get the better of other great players... But only Rangers fans be like "oh so predictable hurrndurrr that my guy got shot down oydoy...". Bullshit and bullshit and blah blah blah. 

At the trade deadline everybody wants depth because they say depth the wins, But then when we need depth to win, all of a sudden that's a problem... Everybody was complaining that wenberg couldn't score, but now that he scored everybody would complain that he had to score for the Rangers to win. 

This is the kind of bullshit we're dealing with out here. 

• Bullseye 1

5 minutes ago, ausman said:

This is the reason you need depth.  Playoff opponents will try and very often succeed in bottling up your primary weapons.  But if you have depth, you can defeat those efforts, not by your stars scoring but by having the guys they’re ignoring scoring.

💯 

You keep seeing graphics thrown up about how this is Reinhart first power play goal in X-Tries, same with Barkov, this is just kind of what happens in the playoffs where great players sometimes get the better of other great players... But only Rangers fans be like "oh so predictable hurrndurrr that my guy got shot down oydoy...". Bullshit and bullshit and blah blah blah. 

At the trade deadline everybody wants depth because they say depth the wins, But then when we need depth to win, all of a sudden that's a problem... Everybody was complaining that wenberg couldn't score, but now that he scored everybody would complain that he had to score for the Rangers to win. 

• LOL 1

18 minutes ago, ausman said:

Do us and yourself and your wife a favor.  Lock up your guns and knives and toss the key in the sewer.

i was referring to be a Ranger fan, not life. Thank you for your concern tho

• LMFAO 1

Just now, goondman said:

i was referring to be a Ranger fan, not life. Thank you for your concern tho

I should have put an lol on that.  I was kidding you, but it’s hard to discern that from just the words.  Glad to know you’re ok.

1 minute ago, Pete said:

💯 

Yup.

Playoff time comes and you’re playing a really good teams. They target your top players. You target there’s. Those guys get locked down.

They don’t see favorable matchups.

They get few opportunities. And they typically aren’t great. 
You need depth to come through. 

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

9 minutes ago, mbob said:

I could have used an 8pm start as I drove 12 hours home from Florida but the call by Dan and Don was fantastic the entire drive. I just watched the goal replays and laffy is a playoff studd, it’s time to get him on PP1 somewhere.

Side note we escaped a truck blow out in front of us taking just some minor skirt damage. The car in front wasn’t as lucky and will need a new nose. 

Igor is the hero as well, blessed to have him in net.  I questioned his mental capacity at times during the past 2 regular seasons but no longer a concern if letting one will get in his head.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Glad you made out ok on that blowout Bob

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ausman said:

I should have put an lol on that.  I was kidding you, but it’s hard to discern that from just the words.  Glad to know you’re ok.

I get it. After i read my comment again, it did seem darker than what i intended

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Dem said:

Isn't that the fish that proceeded pussies murder on the Sopranos Abe? Nothing happy about pussy dying!

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. No, I hated it when Pussy got killed off.

Edited by Abe Froman