• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #3: Rangers vs. Florida Panthers — Starts With a W!

Just now, BrooksBurner said:

The true difference between this team and previous years? Lafreniere + bottom 6 is scoring. Shesterkin still a stud. That’s it.

The two star forwards Panarin and Zibanejad can’t find the net with a GPS. Fox is at 50%. The PP is a complete no show because of those guys. I’d say they have to be better but Igor + the others might just be enough to win in spite of them. Amazing effort.

This is dead on. We go as far as depth and goaltending takes us. This is why we struggled in years prior. No depth, and our top players are SERIOUSLY prone to snakebitten streaks and inexplicable disappearances. 

This year, the top 6 has predictably vanished after the first two rounds, but we're finding a way. We keep saying "if Kreider, Zib and Panarin come alive, watch out," but I don't think that awakening is forthcoming. This is who they are and what they do year after year. The difference this time around is we can overcome it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

And the Panthers standing around and whining expecting Toronto to bail them out; FUCK OFF.

Well at times during this series it has seemed like the fix is in.

Bad look for the NHL.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 3

Panthers can bitch all they want.

They left Wennberg all alone, in front of their goalie, in between 3 defenders, who did nothing.

They blew a coverage off a faceoff in their own end and got caught standing around. 

Just now, RangersIn7 said:

Panthers can bitch all they want.

They left Wennberg all alone, in front of their goalie, in between 3 defenders, who did nothing.

They blew a coverage off a faceoff in their own end and got caught standing around. 

What were they bitching about? I guess I missed it

Just now, BrooksBurner said:

It’s going to be on his highlight reel in 15 years after he retires as a Rangers legend.

I just got caught up. Was at the hospital all day w my mom. That Yukon goal was fucking unreal. Skated right through a forward n two defensemen and flipped it in. Good God!!

Every NYR needs to either buy Shesty a Rolex. OR buy him 21 expensive strippers and let him get a blowjob for 21 days straight cause he’s earned it! 
they guy is the best in the NHL….no contest… he’s turning back so many chances for Carolina, now Florida. He can only do so much. And God knows he’s done his share. 
LGR!!! 

• Keeps it 100 1

4 minutes ago, Valriera said:

That goal by lafreniere tho 

Both of them.

It may be time to think about putting him up on line 1 and letting Panarin and Chytil try to work things out together.

Just now, RangersIn7 said:

That’s a general statement.

They were pissed they didn't get enough preferential treatment from the refs

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, Br4d said:

Both of them.

It may be time to think about putting him up on line 1 and letting Panarin and Chytil try to work things out together.

I have to be honest, bread is lost in this tight checking physical series. He's a liability right now. Let him nurse his "injuries" until we make the finals

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

What were they bitching about? I guess I missed it

There was the almost a high stick thing and the almost offsides thing and the Rangers need a penalty for standing in front of Bob with nobody on them thing.

At least that's what it looked like from my vantage point.

Also, Maurice is officially nervous for the first time in the series and he was twitching from that.

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

I think I read “there’s no there there” about 100 times over the summer. Oh it’s there baby!

"Faux optimist"

As if that's a fucking real fucking thing