• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #4: Rangers vs. Florida Panthers — Confidence

3 minutes ago, phillyb said:

That’s not how the hate for that comment works. Asking for it before a game is totally fine. 
Calling it out mid-game is a no-no. 

Yup. Hoping for it out loud isn't the same as calling it.

Ladder NYR

Check out Ladder NYR at Albee Square today from 4:00PM - 7:00PM! Take photos on and around the truck and mingle with Rangers alumni Boo Nieves!

LOL!!!  I'm sure the line will wrap around the block for Boo Nieves.  

• LOL 1

Confident scenario: FLA comes out so freaking batshit pissed about Game 3 that they overplay their hand and start taking penalties. Miraculously, at the same moment the NYR PP, pulseless and left for dead, comes out of its slumber and begins to capitalize on the opportunities as fast as FLA can supply them. They return to MSG with a 3-1 stranglehold, which suits me just fine as I just closed on a 2nd mortgage that will allow me to attend a game 5 clinch.

Not-so-confident scenario: NYR get caved in from about minute 3 forward and I'll be watching a series reset at 2-2.

• Believe 2

3 hours ago, Morphinity 2.0 said:

I think what I've learned throughout this season is the Rangers can win any given game on any given night. There are no scheduled losses or unwinnable games for this team. Will they win every game? Of course not. But there's no "if this, then that" with this team. 

That's what I think makes this year's team different from the past few years.  They have a system in place that they believe in; they know that if they do what they've been instructed and what they have practiced, if they execute, they will have an excellent chance at winning.  They know what they are doing - it isn't fancy and requires intense effort and focus, but they know what they are doing.

Posted (edited)

Game 1: basically a 1-0 loss, since the own-goal was a fluke and the other was empty net. Also one of the worst games we've seen this team play all season. 

Game 2: held them to 1 goal. 

Game 3: BS call on Rempe led directly to a second PP goal. K'Andre Miller's failure to clear the puck resulted in THREE separate goals. He's too good and too hard on himself to let that happen again. Once again, refs tried to hand this one to them. Hung 5 goals on Vezina Bobrovsky. Florida threw EVERYTHING they had at the wall and got Igor'd hard. 

The point here: we can beat these guys when we're not busy beating ourselves. 

At some point, one of the "studs" has to show up, right? Panarin, Kreider, Zibanejad and Fox are all too good to be this quiet for this long. PP has been snakebitten and Florida's big names showed up last game (in addition to benefiting from some bad plays by Miller on the PK).

Florida hasn't lost an OT game in 11 straight. They've now lost two consecutively. We handed them their first consecutive losses of these playoffs. They were 6-1 when scoring the first goal...now they're 6-2. 

This team truly does not give a FUCK what pundits are saying. 

Stick it to 'em early, avoid letting them play clampdown hockey, avoid abject stupidity, and let Igor be Igor. Recipe for 3-1 series lead. 

LET'S 

FUCKING 

GO

Edited by Ranger Lothbrok
  • Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 1

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

They staved off Florida's best and have a 2-1 lead in the series. Kind of playing with house money a bit for this one. Obviously you want to stomp them out as quickly as possible, but worst case scenario, it's 2-2 going back to MSG. The Panthers are definitely frustrated a bit, use that to your advantage. Need a much better game defensively tonight. If the Rangers come out of this series, they're going to be pretty beat up. End it as soon as possible.

Indeed, and we've seen this team having bit of an issue when they're in a comfortable position and matching the other team's desperation level, which Florida will no doubt be tonight. Let's hope that's not the case and they don't come out flat/passive. The first period will no doubt be a barrage. And while you can't win a game in the first 20, you can certainly put yourself in a position to lose.

If your opponent is of choleric temper,  seek to irritate him.  Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.
Sun Tzu, The Art of War
The shit the Panthers tried to pull on Rempe after the game winning goal you know they are extremely frustrated. 

Apply the same method here Rangers to the Panthers 
LGR!!!! 
  • Like 1
  • LMFAO 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

14 minutes ago, Karan said:

Indeed, and we've seen this team having bit of an issue when they're in a comfortable position and matching the other team's desperation level, which Florida will no doubt be tonight. Let's hope that's not the case and they don't come out flat/passive. The first period will no doubt be a barrage. And while you can't win a game in the first 20, you can certainly put yourself in a position to lose.

Weathering the first ten minutes or so of the period is key.

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

18 minutes ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

Game 1: basically a 1-0 loss, since the own-goal was a fluke and the other was empty net. Also one of the worst games we've seen this team play all season. 

Game 2: held them to 1 goal. 

Game 3: BS call on Rempe led directly to a second PP goal. K'Andre Miller's failure to clear the puck resulted in THREE separate goals. He's too good and too hard on himself to let that happen again. Once again, refs tried to hand this one to them. Hung 5 goals on Vezina Bobrovsky. Florida threw EVERYTHING they had at the wall and got Igor'd hard. 

The point here: we can beat these guys when we're not busy beating ourselves. 

At some point, one of the "studs" has to show up, right? Panarin, Kreider, Zibanejad and Fox are all too good to be this quiet for this long. PP has been snakebitten and Florida's big names showed up last game (in addition to benefiting from some bad plays by Miller on the PK).

Florida hasn't lost an OT game in 11 straight. They've now lost two consecutively. We handed them their first consecutive losses of these playoffs. They were 6-1 when scoring the first goal...now they're 6-2. 

This team truly does not give a FUCK what pundits are saying. 

Stick it to 'em early, avoid letting them play clampdown hockey, avoid abject stupidity, and let Igor be Igor. Recipe for 3-1 series lead. 

LET'S 

FUCKING 

GO

Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight PicturesMorgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

and anyone who disagrees- 

Mixed Martial Arts Middle Finger GIF by UFC

16 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

You know what? 

Let's just make game 4 a footrace between Blake Wheeler and Kyle Okposo. Five laps. Winner gets the game.

Oooooffff... that's a 3 OT game.. will make that 8:00 start really hurt. 

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 4
  • Believe 1

Okposo and Wheeler improve the ice surface by bringing their "glacial" speed to the rink.

If FLA gets down in this game having given their best in the last game I think they begin to unravel.

If we even get a close to level playing field in terms of referee whistles, not even two lopsided games to make up for the two that were called the other way then I think we do just fine here.

I am expecting Bedlam tonight.  If they get down a goal or two then they will try to run Igor.  They may do that even if they are not down a goal or two.   I expect as massive reaction to that from our team.

12 minutes ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

Okposo and Wheeler improve the ice surface by bringing their "glacial" speed to the rink.

If FLA gets down in this game having given their best in the last game I think they begin to unravel.

If we even get a close to level playing field in terms of referee whistles, not even two lopsided games to make up for the two that were called the other way then I think we do just fine here.

I am expecting Bedlam tonight.  If they get down a goal or two then they will try to run Igor.  They may do that even if they are not down a goal or two.   I expect as massive reaction to that from our team.

I agree they may try to run Igor.. if that’s the case we run Borobozo …

would rather see Rempe drop the gloves against Tkachuk get the minor penalty for fighting though… 

LGR !!!