• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #4: Rangers vs. Florida Panthers — Confidence

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

You need to get Mika off that line. I don’t know how else it could be said. He is lost. He is absolutely fucking lost. Everytime he touches the ice he is a liability and you cannot trust him right now. Enough. The Bromance is done. 

So frustrating I know. Even more frustrating to know Lavi isn't gunna break em up anyways.

• Keeps it 100 1

Posted (edited)

I think the last time Zibanejad looked this bad was the first few games of the Pittsburgh series in 2022. Then he became a huge reason why they won it. They're going to need that kind of turnaround.

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ausman said:

Either way, I think it'll be a dirty goal.  Weird deflection.

It was dirty as in shit, finally Mika costs them the game after sucking filthy ass all night and series to date. 

2 minutes ago, ausman said:

Why Zib tried to pass to the middle at the blue line is a question I'd like him to answer.  In OT you get the puck deep and play from there.  Head case.

Thinks it's a Tuesday in February in Columbus; simply and amazingly stupid. 

well mika made a "poor" play instead of playing simple and safe but everyone remember you need to have courage in these games and play with small margins in games like this. and florida closed down our top playes good this game... just bite the sour apple and come home to MSG stronger

• Cheers 1
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

Yeah, big time. Most people thought this would go 6 or 7, but nobody thought we'd lose another game?

No doubt, but the Rangers need to be better, mich better. They've been bad for three games now, looking exceptionally bad in the process. Not surprised that it's 2-2 necessarily, just how bad they're looking in the process.

2 minutes ago, Valriera said:

We’re tied 2-2 and have played three terrible hockey games. I would like to believe they will snap out of it. They don’t even look tired, they look terrible.

The Rangers have looked like shit for the bulk of this series because Florida is a significantly better team. The best team doesn’t always win, hence why it’s 2-2.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, siddious said:

You’re right I hope they forfeit.

dumbest things I’ve seen all night and I watched Zib play hockey 

Dumbest thing is not opening your eyes through your rose colored glasses. We’ve been outplayed all series. What games are you watching? They are physically stronger and they’ve worn down our top players. And who said anything about forfeiting…..Good grief 

Edited by Highwaystar

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

The Rangers have looked like shit for the bulk of this series because Florida is a significantly better team. The best team doesn’t always win, hence why it’s 2-2.

This I don’t buy, we have gifted them so much offense this series not because they’re good. They’re unforced errors, Mika’s dumb pass in overtime included. 

The problem with our top 6 is none of them got the memo that Florida's top 6 play fast and physical.  4 of our top 6 just can't keep up.  Instead of making simple plays they continue to try and dipsy doodle, make cross ice cutesy passes and coast around waiting for their opportunities.  None of that shit works. Only Laff and Trochek are keeping up but that is only 2 of 6.

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

I don't see it that way.  Panthers are a bigger team physically that sells out on the forecheck.  To me, that sellout should be better exploited by the Rangers who are the faster, more skilled team.  Were I coaching (which is a scary thought, ignore it) I'd be working on a way to spring some breakaways to force Florida to spend more effort defending their back end.  But what do I -- a modified couch potato -- know?

The better team won. According to some this coach is some kind of a genius. It doesn't take a genius to know that this so called top line needs to be broken up. Not only are they are not contributing but they're now a liability. Whatever he's waiting for it isn't coming.

2 minutes ago, Valriera said:

This I don’t buy, we have gifted them so much offense this series not because they’re good. They’re unforced errors, Mika’s dumb pass in overtime included. 

Just now, ausman said:

I don't see it that way.  Panthers are a bigger team physically that sells out on the forecheck.  To me, that sellout should be better exploited by the Rangers who are the faster, more skilled team.  Were I coaching (which is a scary thought, ignore it) I'd be working on a way to spring some breakaways to force Florida to spend more effort defending their back end.  But what do I -- a modified couch potato -- know?

Denial is the first stage. You’ll get there if Igor starts to crack literally at all. It’s unsustainable hockey.

• Keeps it 100 1

8 minutes ago, CSNY1 said:

Rangers need some changes over the game Benching Panarin is a good place to start 

He had assists on both goals. Understand the anger about the outcome, but this is out of line. 

• Believe 1

1 minute ago, Abe Froman said:

The better team won. According to some this coach is some kind of a genius. It doesn't take a genius to know that this so called top line needs to be broken up. Not only are they are not contributing but they're now a liability. Whatever he's waiting for it isn't coming.

I dont know wtf lavi is thinking continuing to run zib out there like his shit dont stink...but hes pulled all the right strings from season opener till now

• Keeps it 100 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Blueshirts1926 said:

Kreider-Goodrow-Roslovic
Panarin-Trocheck-Lafrenière
Cuylle-Zibanejad-Kakko
Ohtmann-Wenmberg-Rempe

Game 5 lineup, needs to be changed or they are done in 6!

Anytime I think your posts couldn’t get any worse, you come up with these gems

Edited by Vodka Drunkenski