• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #4: Rangers vs. Florida Panthers — Confidence

2 minutes ago, Abe Froman said:

The better team won. According to some this coach is some kind of a genius. It doesn't take a genius to know that this so called top line needs to be broken up. Not only are they are not contributing but they're now a liability. Whatever he's waiting for it isn't coming.

He moved Kakko up to play with the Zib line tonight like he’s the ticket to getting them back on track offensively. That’s really pretty unbelievable.

• Bullseye 1

2 minutes ago, Blueshirts1926 said:

Kreider-Goodrow-Roslovic
Panarin-Trocheck-Lafrenière
Cuylle-Zibanejad-Kakko
Ohtmann-Wenmberg-Rempe

Game 5 lineup, needs to be changed or they are done in 6!

dont think its just that easy. i feel like we dont have " physics" in the top lines to compete agains floridas lines. couse florida is a heavy team to play against but they will find a way to crack it

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Mika Zibanejad better have as much legacy in his game the rest of the way as he has hair on his head. Because this guy and his stupid bromance with Kreider are hog tying us.

The thing is they're both historically streaky, and currently, it's really bad streaky. They are all capable of being downright awful or great at the flip of a mental switch. You just have to hope it aligns for them to produce. lol

Just lazy. Stupid and lazy

You know what? Our top guys have been very up and down this year in the playoffs. Panarin has had down moments (now) but also performed. Kreider played God for a moment, but has been hot and cold. Mika has just not done enough, I’m sorry. Outside of a hot spell in the 2022 playoffs, he has been an unmitigated mess. Sorry. Love the guy. Love the potential. But it’s not even the results right now. He is playing like a full fledged idiot right now. No desire. No digging down. Nothing.

Can his boyfriend throw another Tablet on him? Maybe that’ll wake him up. If not, he can go back and DJ at EDC in Stockholm for all I care.

Looking back, I believe the phantom holding call midway through the 2nd was the turning point.  Up until then the Rangers were up and the Panthers were down.   But that call and the legit delay of game penalty a minute later shifted momentum, especially after the Panthers scored to tie the game 1-1.  I don't like it when the officials determine the flow of the game -- either way.  Tonight, they had an out of bounds effect IMHO.  Granted, pros have to get past that.  But these are two elite hockey teams with very different preferred playing styles.  IMHO, officials have to read the game and only call penalties where infractions take away a scoring chance.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

He moved Kakko up to play with the Zib line tonight like he’s the ticket to getting them back on track offensively. That’s really pretty unbelievable.

I don't think even Gallant would've done that. Odd choice since Kakko has looked like complete ass.

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

You know what? Our top guys have been very up and down this year in the playoffs. Panarin has had down moments (now) but also performed. Kreider played God for a moment, but has been hot and cold. Mika has just not done enough, I’m sorry. Outside of a hot spell in the 2022 playoffs, he has been an unmitigated mess. Sorry. Love the guy. Love the potential. But it’s not even the results right now. He is playing like a full fledged idiot right now. No desire. No digging down. Nothing.

Can his boyfriend throw another Tablet on him? Maybe that’ll wake him up. If not, he can go back and DJ at EDC in Stockholm for all I care.

The fuck is Mika even thinking there?! It's OT. He's got a guy streaking towards the net. Multiple Florida players hovering at the blue line. Why not make the pass to the guy heading to the net instead of such a high risk play?!

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

The frustrating thing is, if you watch Cuylle going to the net, he gets free of the Florida defender and is alone in front. If Mika manages to thread the needle (only one guy to beat), that's a grade-A chance for Cuylle. Worst case, you get a rebound tap-in. Why oh why do you not do that instead of passing it across the blue line?!

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

It’s never been tried. It needs to now. It’s never gotten us fucking anywhere.

It's weird that a coach of Laviolette's stature doesn't seem to even entertain it. No one who has been behind the bench has either, really. It's a clique or something and they're afraid to do it.

Just now, Karan said:

The frustrating thing is, if you watch Cuylle going to the net, he gets free of the Florida defender and is alone in front. If Mika manages to thread the needle (only one guy to beat), that's a grade-A chance for Cuylle. Worst case, you get a rebound tap-in. Why oh why do you not do that instead of passing it across the blue line?!

Because Mika Zibanejad is in mope mode at a very bad time. No joke, I think he's bipolar or something.

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Everybody knows Kakko isn't a scorer he's a hitting machine with 7 thunderous crushing blows tonight. He keeps the other team's heads on a swivel. 

Edited by Scott

9 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

@BrooksBurner this is not a vastly superior team outplaying us. This is our highest paid center iceman doing the exact opposite of what you’re supposed to do in overtime in the playoffs. And he’s done it, as well as most of our d corps, all series.