• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #4: Rangers vs. Florida Panthers — Confidence

That was horrible to watch live , all 5 goals were right on the side I was at . Face off dot on Bob’s right side , 3 rd tier , 2 nd row . I can’t understand how they just can not get out of the zone . Twice Florida was on a change and they couldn’t get out of the zone . Rest of the time it’s just either a flip pass out of the zone and hope it lands near someone ( who should be in the zone but isn’t ) or a flubbed pass to a Panther stick . All I seen was 13 , 16 and 31 . Everyone else just doesn’t engage . To many little plays where a player should force a play or just finish a check and it doesn’t happen , they skate away . Roscovlic looked like shit , Kappo doesn’t have a clue what’s going on and we need to file a missing persons alert on 10,20 and 93 . Tired of Fox shrugging shoulders when someone zips past . Not sure why wheeler was on the ice 1 minute in and yeah Zibby fucked up but the 1 legged wonder was 2 steps behind .

• Keeps it 100 1

Posted (edited)

In fairness to zibanecrap, it did look like wheeler was skating across the blue line and pulled up a bit just when zib let the pass go

but he looked like crap all night and all series...and hasnt really earned benefit of the doubt

Edited by Jdog99

Just now, Jdog99 said:

Im fairness to zibanecrap, it did look like wheeler was skating across the blue line and pulled up a bit just when zib let the pass go

but he looked like crap all night and all series...and hasnt really earned benefit of the doubt

You never make that play in the regular season, let alone OT in the conference final. It’s not defensible. 

• Keeps it 100 1

15 minutes ago, Scott said:

Kobe Bryant GIF

Infuriating. Show some fucking passion, leadership, or anything. 

Kreider did his part this run. He can chill. I wish he wouldn’t but he can, he’s earned that.

mika? No. Show some fucking leadership and character and be average, you don’t even need to be good for us to win this series right now. 

1 minute ago, Valriera said:

You never make that play in the regular season, let alone OT in the conference final. It’s not defensible. 

Zibanejad's response to Mollie about that boneheaded pass was brutal. Zero ownership, zero. I mean you've got a guy fucking streaking to the net with an open lane, how do you not even attempt to get the puck on his stick or shoot for a rebound.

3 hours ago, Valriera said:
3 hours ago, Jdog99 said:

Im fairness to zibanecrap, it did look like wheeler was skating across the blue line and pulled up a bit just when zib let the pass go

Absolutely. It's a terrible play at the high school level, let alone in the NHL.

You simply don't play a marginal pass like that along the blueline in that situation. You either get it on net, or get it deep. 

It's a hideous, indefensible play that could come back to haunt them.

Totally obvious take alert- Mica is not playing well and looks totally disengaged most shifts.  Kreider is the same way.  It’s really a simple fix for both- start by moving their feet and playing quick when the puck is on their stick.  If they can’t figure this out, this is going to be a really hard series to win.

Whats infuriating about these two is this is a trend now where they both go into complete lack of engagement mode far too often.  If the Rangers don’t advance to the cup finals it will fall 100% on their shoulders.

1 hour ago, JHS said:

Totally obvious take alert- Mica is not playing well and looks totally disengaged most shifts.  Kreider is the same way.  It’s really a simple fix for both- start by moving their feet and playing quick when the puck is on their stick.  If they can’t figure this out, this is going to be a really hard series to win.

Whats infuriating about these two is this is a trend now where they both go into complete lack of engagement mode far too often.  If the Rangers don’t advance to the cup finals it will fall 100% on their shoulders.

Tired Sweet Dreams GIF by Loof and Timmy

Not time to panic, yet. Looking forward to Thursday @ MSG. LeLet's see how they respond. Then they can panic.

Will say, inserting Wheeler at this point is certainly a choice. 1RW is such an adventure on this team.

2 hours ago, JHS said:

Did it ever occur to you they are just not that good against more talented and more physical players? We are being outmuscled in every area against this team. I’m not giving up but sadly it looks to be near the end for us. These players are physically and mentally beaten. Paneran, Kreider and Zib are just not winning leaders and players. We have some good nucleus with Laffy but we need an overhaul 

14 minutes ago, Highwaystar said:

Did it ever occur to you they are just not that good against more talented and more physical players? We are being outmuscled in every area against this team. I’m not giving up but sadly it looks to be near the end for us. These players are physically and mentally beaten. Paneran, Kreider and Zib are just not winning leaders and players. We have some good nucleus with Laffy but we need an overhaul 

I tend to agree, but we're stuck with them, so we better hope they figure it out. All have figured it out at different times in their careers, in the playoffs, so I don't think they're irredeemable.

It really is crazy this is a best of 3 series. Mika and Kreider have been absolutely AWOL. Panarin has turned back in to Playoff Panarin™️

Thank God for Igor… If we had Bob level play and they had Igor level play this series, we’d have had a handshake line last night. 

I don’t know what you can do to fix the fact this team refuses to play a full 60 minutes. I guess all we can do is pray Igor is godlike in 2 of the next 3. I sadly nave no faith in the “big guns” to do anything noteworthy (aside from horrible turnovers that lead to Fla power plays- [what an awful change by Fox and Lindy too]) 

Still a crap shoot- 

We have not played well since the first round. We've had flashes of cohesiveness but nothing outside of a minute or 2 here and there. Carolina was a big gritty team that i felt we squeaked by and now Florida is even bigger and more gritty and we are getting our shit pushed in. Our top guys are soft. It's just how it is, they want to play beer league style hockey where you don't get touched and make pretty plays. That doesn't cut it this deep in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Highwaystar said:

Kreider is one of the biggest players on the ice with ungodly strength and you are claiming he get's overpowered???  Please- take that elsewhere.  The guy is gliding around the ice 90% of every shift and is playing these games like it's September 22nd and it's preseason game number 2.

If you think they are physically and mentally beaten then how is it any different for the Florida players who somehow seem to have way more spark?!?  Mica and Kreider have pulled this same houdini level disappearance act way too often and they need to figure it out.  It's not on th ecoach, its not on the 4th line to carry the load, it's not on Igor to stand on his head- it's squarely on them.

Excuses lead to losses- if Mica and Kreider don't turn this around this series is gonna be extremely tough.

1 hour ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I think most people understood it wasn’t JUST GG. The guy sucked that’s a separate issue. 

The question was is there a coach who can come in and mitigate these issues. Lavs had done a great job with this team but clearly it’s a core issue. Which is highly disappointing because there is so much to love about this team. 

2 hours ago, Highwaystar said:

This is just plain wrong. the rangers have been one of the more physical teams in the nhl all season long. If anything I think we’re holding up perfectly fine in that aspect. 

Florida is a fucking great team. I took a future on them to win the cup back in September. It’s ok to admit they’re a great team without diminishing everything the rangers are too. 

the series is tied 2-2. We’re not down 3-0. It’s the playoffs. Sometimes you get ugly wins. Sometimes you lose. It’s a long series. That’s what this team has been doing. 

tied 2-2 in the ECF with home ice advantage and somehow this team is done? 

Angry Joe Biden GIF by Election 2016

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

It’s a Mika and kreider issue. Fox is injured and everyone else is doing their jobs. Not good enough this time of year

Those two are getting caved in 5v5 in each game no matter who their winger is. 

10 minutes ago, Valriera said:

It’s a Mika and kreider issue. Fox is injured and everyone else is doing their jobs. Not good enough this time of year

Those two are getting caved in 5v5 in each game no matter who their winger is. 

Add Panarin to the list. An occasional decent play is not what he’s paid for and it’s not who everyone drooled over all year. He’s not been effective in 3 weeks, and we can’t say his line is getting focused because Lafreniere and Trocheck have been noticeably outstanding and carrying play as much as they can.

• LMFAO 1