• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Time Has Come: Break up the Bromance!

3 hours ago, Pete said:

There's nothing wrong with the one timer from the circle. The problem is he's taking it from the bottom of the circle near the goal line. So that extra second that it takes the puck to get to him combined with the loss of shooting angle equals no goals. 

Yes, there is. He hasn't scored on it in ages and it's a telegraphed play that opposing teams have prescouted to perfection. If moving back to the top of the circle gets those pucks in more, fine, but I'm skeptical because it feels incredibly well guarded against.

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

Yes, there is. He hasn't scored on it in ages and it's a telegraphed play that opposing teams have prescouted to perfection. If moving back to the top of the circle gets those pucks in more, fine, but I'm skeptical because it feels incredibly well guarded against.

He hasn't scored on it in ages.... Because of the reasons I just stated. 

I wanted Lafreniere in Panarin’s spot and Panarin in Zibanejad’s spot since November or December. Now it’s too late and the stakes are too high to experiment. Zib’s one timer is as useless and predictable as it gets, especially when a hurt Fox is even less inclined to shoot from the point than he normally is already.

Posted (edited)

It depends what the goal is. If the goal is President’s Trophy, don’t change it. If the goal is Stanley Cup, take time to see what you’ve got when you might need it. Injuries and bad streaks happen and it doesn’t hurt to have quality reps in games that don’t matter. I’d rather see a Stanley Cup.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Bullseye 1
  • Applause 1

26 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

It depends what the goal is. If the goal is President’s Trophy, don’t change it. If the goal is Stanley Cup, take time to see what you’ve got when you might need it. Injuries and bad streaks happen and it doesn’t hurt to have quality reps in games that don’t matter. I’d rather see a Stanley Cup.

There's no such thing as quality wraps in games that don't matter, because you don't get quality and shit that doesn't matter. 

Every single player has said that they are prepared for the games because the way in which they practice. Not sure practicing shit that doesn't matter we'll get them prepared for games.

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

I knew what you meant, Brooksie.

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Pete said:

There's no such thing as quality wraps in games that don't matter, because you don't get quality and shit that doesn't matter. 

Every single player has said that they are prepared for the games because the way in which they practice. Not sure practicing shit that doesn't matter we'll get them prepared for games.

Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

2 minutes ago, Scott said:

How noticeable were Kakko's team leading 7 hits he was credited with.  That in itself is a problem, I would image most flies would of survived those hits.

When I think of Kakko hitting, I imagine him facing the boards and hitting them straight on while losing the puck. Never thought of him hitting another player....

• Cheers 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Scott said:

How noticeable were Kakko's team leading 7 hits he was credited with.  That in itself is a problem, I would image most flies would of survived those hits.

I didn’t notice a single one. Usually hit counts from a soft player like Kakko just mean he’s busy chasing the play and the puck instead of dictating it. He’s probably playing his last games as a Ranger right now.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I didn’t notice a single one. Usually hit counts from a soft player like Kakko just mean he’s busy chasing the play and the puck instead of dictating it. He’s probably playing his last games as a Ranger right now.

Me either, that's why I could only squint extra hard when I looked at the box score after the game. While not the biggest problem by any means, there's no help whatsoever there.  Sad he was what Lavi felt was the best option to play with Mika and Kreider.  I don't feel like you can/should break up the only line that's gelled all year, so I guess it's just pick a name out of the hat if Chytil can't go. Hoping the embarrassment factor causes 93/20 to show up in a big way starting tomorrow when they drop the puck.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

It’s a resurfacing of the same issue as the first half of the season. Zibanejad is supposed to be the play driver and he is killing the whole line with his play. He’s a turnover machine. Kreider is a complimentary player on a line and is not typically going to do anything without a playmaker.

There’s no way you can break them up at this stage. For one, nobody is saving Zib when he’s like this. He had to come around on his own during the 2nd half of the season, and he has to do it again on an expedited schedule. They need him to or they will be going home.

If you don’t break them up the Rangers are done in 6. Stop g candy ass and look at Edmonton. Bench 3 and brought in a rookie D for his first ever NHL game and it’s working swap Goodrow for Zib and get over it!

Edited by Blueshirts1926

I don’t know what the answer is. But Mika is getting really hard to defend here. It’s 2-2, things could be worse. I get that. But this Jekyll and Hyde thing has to end somewhere at some point. He can’t either be Wayne Gretzky on steroids or totally silent for stretches the way he has been in the playoffs. It is hurting us having him out there trying to force things that just aren’t there. You don’t want to strip a player of his creativity. But you also don’t want them playing so recklessly that it’s hurting the team. Everyone can look (and has looked) at the OT turnover, which is obvious. But others have mentioned, I believe Pete, another play earlier in the game where he is behind I believe our net and he’s banking passes off the back of the net to himself, or off the board, trying to make something happen or trying to clear the zone, I forget if it was our end or theirs. He needs to simplify. He needs to be aggressive, but he can’t be so reckless and stupid. He’s better than that.

D3 Mighty Ducks, coming in hot:

”Don’t be careless. But don’t be too careful either. You cannot be afraid to lose.” - Coach Orion

Jesus Christ, Charlie. Let the guy coach the damn JV Warriors to a title!

9 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

When I think of Kakko hitting, I imagine him facing the boards and hitting them straight on while losing the puck. Never thought of him hitting another player....

Kakko might be the best board possession player in the league....it's everything after that 

6 minutes ago, torontonyr said:

Kakko might be the best board possession player in the league....it's everything after that 

Point totals match those of our own Jonny Brodzinski this year. 

I’d throw Goodrow on the line with Mika and Kreids.  At this point, Laviolette is not splitting up the bromance, so why not put the only forward that is producing besides Laf up with 93 and 20 and see if he can jump start them.

2 hours ago, deejaid said:

I’d throw Goodrow on the line with Mika and Kreids.  At this point, Laviolette is not splitting up the bromance, so why not put the only forward that is producing besides Laf up with 93 and 20 and see if he can jump start them.

Why would you do that to Goodrow?

• LOL 1