• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #5: Rangers vs. Florida Panthers — Big Three Meet Best of Three

First period of Game 1, when it could've easily been 3-0 us, is what this team looks like when it's on. And let's not forget, it wasn't until two BS penalty calls that Florida got back in the game, and the first goal was flukey since Igor was off his post for once. 

Of course Florida turned it up. It was basically a must-win at home after an OT heartbreaker, and they smelled blood in the water. Am I happy about our team's response to that? Fuck no. The ice was tilted for the next 45 minutes of play. There's no excuse for that. 

And yet, it still went to OT. It was still a 2-2 game when regulation ended. It still was one bounce away from a chokehold on the series. 

I won't pretend that Florida hasn't been the better team for 80% of the play in this series. But it's tied 2-2, and it's now a best of 3. They have yet to see what we can REALLY do. We've weathered the storm, now let's shut the fucking door. 

Let's go Rangers!!! 

• Like 2
  • The Chyt! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Believe 4

2 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Best news I've heard today.   I really feel these lines give the NYR the best chance to win.    I believe in the coach and kudos for him giving BW a shot.

34th Street Division back to work.    All four lines feed tonight.

Lets get #11.  Lets Go Rangers ! 

Mr. Brooks, did I tell you I love you today?   

1 hour ago, siddious said:

I don’t even know why anyone’s worried we have Rempe 

Yeah, they never lose with Rempe in the lineoh well for fucks sake...

12 minutes ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

First period of Game 1, when it could've easily been 3-0 us, is what this team looks like when it's on. And let's not forget, it wasn't until two BS penalty calls that Florida got back in the game, and the first goal was flukey since Igor was off his post for once. 

Of course Florida turned it up. It was basically a must-win at home after an OT heartbreaker, and they smelled blood in the water. Am I happy about our team's response to that? Fuck no. The ice was tilted for the next 45 minutes of play. There's no excuse for that. 

And yet, it still went to OT. It was still a 2-2 game when regulation ended. It still was one bounce away from a chokehold on the series. 

I won't pretend that Florida hasn't been the better team for 80% of the play in this series. But it's tied 2-2, and it's now a best of 3. They have yet to see what we can REALLY do. We've weathered the storm, now let's shut the fucking door. 

Let's go Rangers!!! 

You said you hadn't watch any of the games (live).   Well, we need you now sir.   Quit work if you have to but get your ass on that couch and support your team for crying out loud.  You Can Do It ! 

🤣

1 hour ago, RangersLEETCH said:

Actually I have to say Rempe has played really well. He’s had an effect on the offense. Heck he almost scored in the 3rd! 
I hope all the Rangers skate tonight. I’m tired of yelling at the TV well screaming more like it! Like they can ever hear me 
after all these games….

LGR!! 

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Posted (edited)

I am truly shocked this isn’t being talked about more. Tkachuk called Kreider out big time. If the shoe was on the other foot here, I’m not sure I would love it. More of a let sleeping dog rest kinda guy. If Kreider can’t up for this one, I don’t know what more it’ll take. And if seeing his boyfriend get called out can’t wake Mika up, I also don’t know what will. Regardless, both should show up big tonight and make that rat eat his words for 60 minutes.

Edited by RichieNextel305

22 minutes ago, JJ in VA said:

Best news I've heard today.   I really feel these lines give the NYR the best chance to win.    I believe in the coach and kudos for him giving BW a shot.

34th Street Division back to work.    All four lines feed tonight.

Lets get #11.  Lets Go Rangers ! 

Mr. Brooks, did I tell you I love you today?   

Agreed, I like these lines. Especially moving Troubs back with Gus. And having Cuylle on that 4th line again, with Goody and Rempe, gives me more confidence that they'll generate some spark.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, JJ in VA said:

You said you hadn't watch any of the games (live).   Well, we need you now sir.   Quit work if you have to but get your ass on that couch and support your team for crying out loud.  You Can Do It ! 

🤣

Oh I've been watching all of them. I'm just not listening to the ESPN audio when doing it. I'm muting ESPN and syncing the radio broadcast. Looking forward to having Sam call the game tonight. 

It puts me about 1 minute behind real time, but I'm still tuning in!

Edited by Ranger Lothbrok

1 hour ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

Let's go Rangers!!! 

I got so motivated reading that. Hired as my life coach.

8 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

Verhaeghe hit with puck in practice this morning.  Status for game 5 uncertain.

Panthers coach Paul Maurice confirmed that Verhaeghe received stitches but will be good to go in the crucial contest against the Rangers, with the best-of-7 series tied 2-2. Verhaeghe was hit by the puck after it deflected off goalie Sergei Bobrovsky. The 28-year-old forward exited the ice holding a towel to his face.

2 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I am truly shocked this isn’t being talked about more. Tkachuk called Kreider out big time. If the shoe was on the other foot here, I’m not sure I would love it. More of a let sleeping dog rest kinda guy. If Kreider can’t up for this one, I don’t know what more it’ll take. And if seeing his boyfriend get called out can’t wake Mika up, I also don’t know what will. Regardless, both should show up big tonight and make that rat eat his words for 60 minutes.

If CK hasn't already shown that he's the biggest pussy alive, I don't know what you've been watching. 6'3 230 lb and plays like he's 5'11 180. When's the last time he even gave someone a face wash, let alone a fight?

• Bullseye 1

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

If CK hasn't already shown that he's the biggest pussy alive, I don't know what you've been watching. 6'3 230 lb and plays like he's 5'11 180. When's the last time he even gave someone a face wash, let alone a fight?

He almost made a strong enough effort to actually throw the mouthguard over the glass but came up short.  So there's that.

Would be hard for him and Mika to be any worse than they have been this series, honestly I think they could achieve excellence tonight or somehow effortlessly fall further into the abyss. 

11 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I get the feeling it's possible the Panthers score tonight also.

However I wouldn't be shocked if Igor shut them out.  🙂

3 minutes ago, hamov glir said:

What kind of fans are you people who go into games with this kind of pessimism? 🤦‍♂️

Since this team is pretty much the same as the one that experienced the Tampa series, I’m hoping they remember it and find a way to avoid it. 

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Since this team is pretty much the same as the one that experienced the Tampa series, I’m hoping they remember it and find a way to avoid it. 

I don't think this team is the same as that team.

Tro, Laf, Cuylle, Rempe, Schneider, etc.  Lots of guys who weren't here or are much better than they were back then.

It's not even the same team from the Devil's series for similar reasons.

I do think that Laf has to replace Zib some way on PP1 however it is late to make that change.

8 minutes ago, Br4d said:

I don't think this team is the same as that team.

Tro, Laf, Cuylle, Rempe, Schneider, etc.  Lots of guys who weren't here or are much better than they were back then.

It's not even the same team from the Devil's series for similar reasons.

I do think that Laf has to replace Zib some way on PP1 however it is late to make that change.

All of the ones who matter most and drive the team's success are still here and should remember it, and use it as fuel

• Believe 1