• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #5: Rangers vs. Florida Panthers — Big Three Meet Best of Three

Not even sure what to say. It’s not over, but it kinda feels like it. Yes they’ve shown they can do it before, but the way Zibanejad responded after last game gives me zero confindence in him turning it around next game.

And Panarin looks worse every game. Today he was just sad to watch. Mishandling the puck everywhere, turning the puck over all the time, reckless passes and some awful finishing.

They look beaten and they look lost. Just like in the Tampa series.

• Keeps it 100 2

Just now, Highwaystar said:

Im sorry but Mika is the worst out of the bunch. Hes a useless as tits on a bull. Regular season players don’t excite me and regular season wins don’t excite me. 

Sure - but he has yet to be benched or dropped down in the line up. If lavi had the balls to do that, mika might actually respond

I’m confused why the lines were completely shifted for the third after they played maybe the best 2 periods they had all series. Also why Rempe was dressed to be on the bench, was the plan to play him if we were up on the sheet, or was there a personnel disagreement with the GM?  I have a crappy feeling like this is a GG repeat, if so the ORG can’t put it all on the coach again. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

ice hockey sport GIF by NHL

I mean, no. It’s Mika. It’s not even relatively close.

Panarin at least showed up in spurts here and won us a game in Carolina.

Mika legitimately cost us Game 4 and has been a mental case who always needs to be treated with pillow-gloves because his mental fragility is just of the utmost concern.

One more loser hug on Saturday if they lose and hopefully that Bromance can be done once and for all. Become pen pals and send each other nudes.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Can’t say that. Adam Fox isn’t allowed to be ridiculed.

3:30.....Game 7 last year...game winning goal....due to sloppy play by those who shall not be named. 

• Keeps it 100 1

• Phil unpinned this topic
Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

I mean, no. It’s Mika. It’s not even relatively close.

Panarin at least showed up in spurts here and won us a game.

Mika legitimately cost us Game 4 and has been a mental case who always needs to be treated with pillow-gloves because his mental fragility is just of the utmost concern.

One more loser hug on Saturday if they lose and hopefully that Bromance can be done once and for all. Become pen pals and send each other nudes.

You're right. It's not close. It's Panarin and his $12 million by a country fucking mile.

• Bullseye 1

Just now, Jdog99 said:

Sure - but he has yet to be benched or dropped down in the line up. If lavi had the balls to do that, mika might actually respond

The team doesn’t have any center depth to drop him down. If anything Troches line should get more minutes and you weren’t breaking his line up for most of the year so there really never was a line #1.  Chytil not there and still working his way back, Wennberg or Goodrow as 1c? Nah

Just now, BrooksBurner said:

You're right. It's not close. It's Panarin and his $12 million by a country fucking mile.

It’s Mika. It’s not even close. $12 Million for some production against $8.5 Million for absolutely nothing.

At least Panarin responded in the regular season to his dud and had some good and some bad playoff games.

Zibanejad coasted all year, stunk most of the year and then again stunk in the playoffs. It’s Zibanejad. Not even a debate really. He is not a 1C on a Cup Winner. And I hope his BFF Kreider can help him pack his bags.

Bread making attempts to get to the middle of the ice this game but it isn’t enough. The swagger, confidence game of his is not visible now. 

Zib? Seriously in need of a sports psychologist. I can’t image what he’s thinking but it ain’t good hockey. 

Good Kreider showed up. Q? Where the fuck has he been?

Our D is not really a D. Wayyyyyyy too many questions back there. Can we win? Of course, if our offensive guys show up. If not, don’t count on this D-corp to do it.

IGOR is our only real defense. I hope he doesn’t suffer the Henrik syndrome. All saves, no Cup. 

LAV looks like he knows too. At the end of the game his face tells me he knows these aren’t the Cup horses needed to get the job done. We’re just a tad small and under weight. 

Hope has me in ‘BELIEVE’ mode. I think we can pull this out. The skill is there. Heart? Desire? I guess we’ll see in the next game. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, mbob said:

The team doesn’t have any center depth to drop him down. If anything Troches line should get more minutes and you weren’t breaking his line up for most of the year so there really never was a line #1.  Chytil not there and still working his way back, Wennberg or Goodrow as 1c? Nah

Tro was the 1c and i think chytil at 50% is a better 2c than zib has been in this series. and goodrow shouldve been given more shifts in the top 6 in general

Edited by Jdog99

Honestly, Panarin worse than Mika in my eyes as at least Mika can be counted on for a lot of defensive plays throuhout the game, pk and shorty help. 

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, Kick save and a beauty said:

Mika was in on the3 shortie but other than that he was bad this game as he has been all series.  Panarin was beyond bad.  Far from being any kind of a threat out there he is a fucking liability with his sloppy stick handling and desire to avoid contact of any kind. 

I’m sick of this discussion.

He should be part of the solution and he is always a part of the problem.

This is a team built for success October through April.. need more guys who are built to win in May and June. Unfortunately the team is full of soft guys with NMCs. You can’t coach people to want it more. 

• Bullseye 1

Just now, mbob said:

Honestly, Panarin worse than Mika in my eyes as at least Mika can be counted on for a lot of defensive plays throuhout the game, pk and shorty help. 

Fair. But if all we can hang our hat on for our $8.5 AAV 1C is some good defensive plays while he goes 10 straight without sniffing a goal, there are problems.

• Cheers 1

I think all the recriminations being expressed are just emotional release.  The fact is that sometimes the other guys and other guys' plan is better.  Right now it's better in 3 games by one goal and in two games it's not.  That's about as close as you can get.  We'll find out in the next game if Florida can close it out.  Given the first five games, it won't be easy.  It's by no means impossible for this series to go 7.  Desperate teams are hard to put down.  And the Rangers are desperate and you can bet they do not want to have come this far this season and just give it all up.

• Believe 1

1 minute ago, 4EverRangerFrank said:

Bread making attempts to get to the middle of the ice this game but it isn’t enough. The swagger, confidence game of his is not visible now. 

Zib? Seriously in need of a sports psychologist. I can’t image what he’s thinking but it ain’t good hockey. 

Good Kreider showed up. Q? Where the fuck has he been?

Our D is not really a D. Wayyyyyyy too many questions back there. Can we win? Of course, if our offensive guys show up. If not, don’t count on this D-corp to do it.

IGOR is our only real defense. I hope he doesn’t suffer the Henrik syndrome. All saves, no Cup. 

LAV looks like he knows too. At the end of the game his face tells me he knows these aren’t the Cup horses needed to get the job done. We’re just a tad small and under weight. 

Hope has me in ‘BELIEVE’ mode. I think we can pull this out. The skill is there. Heart? Desire? I guess we’ll see in the next game. 

Panarin has no room on the ice, he's being swarmed immediately when he gets in the O-zone

I don't think he lost the swagger, he just doesn't have time to do what he wants to do, then he ends up sending a backhand pass to the middle of the ice hoping something sticks.