• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #5: Rangers vs. Florida Panthers — Big Three Meet Best of Three

41 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Yes, let's give our blossoming franchise player a position on the powerplay where he wouldn't even have the puck. What an absolutely brilliant idea on how not to develop talent lol

Let's be honest, it's no more or less brilliant than any of the ideas you throw out, like experimenting with one of the best PPs in the league "just because!"

Secondly the Rangers aren't in the business of developing, that's what the AHL is for.

Thirdly, Lafreniere isn't developing anymore. He's on his way to peaking.

Fourthly, given the current roster construction and the likelihood of who can be traded, that's what you're looking at. At some point you have to deal with the reality of what is, and not your fantasies based on who you love/hate this week.

41 minutes ago, Pete said:

Let's be honest, it's no more or less brilliant than any of the ideas you throw out, like experimenting with one of the best PPs in the league "just because!"

Secondly the Rangers aren't in the business of developing, that's what the AHL is for.

Thirdly, Lafreniere isn't developing anymore. He's on his way to peaking.

Fourthly, given the current roster construction and the likelihood of who can be traded, that's what you're looking at. At some point you have to deal with the reality of what is, and not your fantasies based on who you love/hate this week.

It's way less brilliant 😉

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Why don’t you lighten up today ? You make @Albatrosss scared when you’re cranky

My team lost last night, why should I lighten up? You on the other hand, we know why you're giddy. 

Posted (edited)

There were points in this one where I thought we could pull it out, and then there were a lot more moments where we were the 3rd best team on the ice.  Yeah I hate Dan O' Rourke too, but we just got pinned in our zone for way too long.

Bad turnovers and if Igor wasn't super human, this series probably would be over after this one.

Here are the Top 14 nominees for tonight's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”:

On 5/30/2024 at 8:34 AM, Valriera said:

Tonight I am probably getting it from Mika right in the anus. 

On 5/30/2024 at 3:53 PM, Flynn said:

I'm telling you right now.. If Sergachev scores tonight, I'm calling bullshit.

On 5/30/2024 at 8:08 PM, siddious said:

Let’s get this going.. I’m ready to get hurt again!

On 5/30/2024 at 8:12 PM, Abe Froman said:

I wonder if Emily would be interested in a hookup with an old guy.

On 5/30/2024 at 8:13 PM, LindG1000 said:

Well, Emily Kaplan is definitely leaving space for the holy Spirit.

On 5/30/2024 at 8:14 PM, siddious said:

She’s the Winnipeg jets of chicks… I don’t think she gets much interest 

On 5/30/2024 at 8:25 PM, Flynn said:

I want Mika’s bank records looked at. Has his wife been kidnapped? 

On 5/30/2024 at 9:33 PM, Pistol Pete said:

So Wennberg gets pitchforked down and into the net, but we call the 2 minutes on Miller earlier when the guy tripped over miller…got it…as the playoffs go deeper the officiating gets worse…Rumor is Angel Hernandez is set do officiate the Stanley Cup…

On 5/30/2024 at 9:39 PM, phillyb said:

Trouba saw #91 on his wing and he was like, "nah"

On 5/30/2024 at 9:47 PM, Abe Froman said:

Tkachuk. The only player in the NHL with a binky. 

On 5/30/2024 at 9:52 PM, siddious said:

I imagine the bad ice has a lot to do with that.

And his vagina is probably itchy 

On 5/30/2024 at 10:07 PM, Dem said:

I just heard ESPN credited the Panthers w 675 shot attempts for the intermission 

On 5/30/2024 at 10:29 PM, siddious said:

As flaccid as me after the 15 drinks I have to get through these games 

On 5/30/2024 at 10:42 PM, Scott said:

Pretty sure I just heard a mouse fart. 

I said the same thing when this one ended;  I knew going into Florida down 3-2 was probably about the worst case scenario, but I still had hope we could pull off a miracle with Igor.

The winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to Abe!!  @Abe Froman!!  Maybe we should get a few binky's for some of our guys, man!  Seems to make him play a lot tougher and better than our marshmallows!

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL 1
  • Applause 1

9 hours ago, Ozzy said:

There were points in this one where I thought we could pull it out, and then there were a lot more moments where we were the 3rd best team on the ice.  Yeah I hate Dan O' Rourke too, but we just got pinned in our zone for way too long.

Bad turnovers and if Igor wasn't super human, this series probably would be over after this one.

Here are the Top 14 nominees for tonight's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”:

I said the same thing when this one ended;  I knew going into Florida down 3-2 was probably about the worst case scenario, but I still had hope we could pull off a miracle with Igor.

The winning quote for tonight’s GDT goes to Abe!!  @Abe Froman!!  Maybe we should get a few binky's for some of our guys, man!  Seems to make him play a lot tougher and better than our marshmallows!

Glad your back Ozzy. We missed you brother!!

• Cheers 1