• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #5: Rangers vs. Florida Panthers — Big Three Meet Best of Three

Has Kreider ever been the same since his blood clots?  I completely forgot about it until someone mentioned it to me last night, what if the doctors told him he needs to avoid big contact if he wants to prolong his career?  Disclaimer: this same person was probably stoned when they said it and maybe made more sense in their world.

1 minute ago, Vodka Drunkenski said:

Has Kreider ever been the same since his blood clots?  I completely forgot about it until someone mentioned it to me last night, what if the doctors told him he needs to avoid big contact if he wants to prolong his career?  Disclaimer: this same person was probably stoned when they said it and maybe made more sense in their world.

If that was the case they would have advised him to retire, b/c what would stop someone else from giving him a big hit.  He could prevent himself from dishing a hit but can't stop someone else from dishing him a big hit.  

35 minutes ago, Scott said:

He almost made a strong enough effort to actually throw the mouthguard over the glass but came up short.  So there's that.

Would be hard for him and Mika to be any worse than they have been this series, honestly I think they could achieve excellence tonight or somehow effortlessly fall further into the abyss. 

Best part is that if that mouth guard made it into the stands, CK would have been ejected from the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Br4d said:

I do think that Laf has to replace Zib some way on PP1 however it is late to make that change.

The Canes made adjustments to there pp against us...caps too i think...

maybe not the best examples in that they happened to lose those series - but i doubt its common for any team to be as attached to not tweeking their pp units as much as this team

it was fine when there was not necessarily an obviously deserving replacement...but with Laf in the mix, Lavi is just being a coward not putting him in for Zib 

4 hours ago, RangerDanger said:

Agreed, I like these lines. Especially moving Troubs back with Gus. And having Cuylle on that 4th line again, with Goody and Rempe, gives me more confidence that they'll generate some spark.

Seems to be Goody's thing lately.   Friggin Cuyse and Matty Ice are like Tasmanian devils every shift.  Every Panthers head is up when this line rolls.

54 minutes ago, Jdog99 said:

The Canes made adjustments to there pp against us...caps too i think...

maybe not the best examples in that they happened to lose those series - but i doubt its common for any team to be as attached to not tweeking their pp units as much as this team

it was fine when there was not necessarily an obviously deserving replacement...but with Laf in the mix, Lavi is just being a coward not putting him in for Zib 

The way the power play runs, you need a right-handed shooter there. They want Panarin to have 3 one timer options (Fox, Mika, Tro), so it's not as simple as just putting Lafreniere out there for Zib. You're changing the entire scheme of the power play. 

4 hours ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

Oh I've been watching all of them. I'm just not listening to the ESPN audio when doing it. I'm muting ESPN and syncing the radio broadcast. Looking forward to having Sam call the game tonight. 

It puts me about 1 minute behind real time, but I'm still tuning in!

Smart, I love it.  What I would give to here the local call for the playoffs.  I get Center Ice (and basic YES) so regular season I still feel at home.   I eventually get to hear Sam's calls day after.   Anyway, enjoy the game.    I've got a good feeling about this one tonight and our 34th lines are primed.   LGR  

4 hours ago, RodrigueGabriel said:

On the train up from DC. Plan on delivering full volume and energy. Gotta take this one. 

Enjoy the ride.   Wish I could have joined you.   Stuck working down here in Springfield.    You got this RG ! 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Best part is that if that mouth guard made it into the stands, CK would have been ejected from the game. 

Apparently before he threw the mouth guard he was warned that he was going to get a misconduct.

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

The way the power play runs, you need a right-handed shooter there. They want Panarin to have 3 one timer options (Fox, Mika, Tro), so it's not as simple as just putting Lafreniere out there for Zib. You're changing the entire scheme of the power play. 

Put Panarin in Mika's spot and Lafreniere in Panarin's spot. If I remember correctly Panarin used to play on the left side on the PP. That way he can use his shot more aswell.

But I agree it's a hard decision to make now. It should've been tried during the regular season, but never happened. I think we just gotta hope Mika figures it out. And it's also nice to have Laf on the PP2, they've looked decent a few times with him carrying the puck.

2 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

All of the ones who matter most and drive the team's success are still here and should remember it, and use it as fuel

Mr Brooks,

I sure hope this current core group isn't thinking one minute about playoff losses from one and/or two years ago.  It seems the ones that matter now and drive this team are Laffy, Tro, Cuylle, Rempe, Fil, Schneids, Lindgren and Fox.  When Goody is clutch now, today, then the other vets you feel need to remember past failures should have enough fuel to log some points.   Watch the 3rd / 4th lines tonight as the fuel win #11.   For good measure, my #1 Pick, Kaapo Kakko, lights the lamp tonight.

See you boys on the other side.   Enjoy 

19 minutes ago, Abe Froman said:

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

These 8pm Et. starts still suck.

throws me out of whack as never can fall straight to sleep after either. 

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, mbob said:

throws me out of whack as never can fall straight to sleep after either. 

I'm on Pacific Time so it's not as bad as it is for you guys. But I lived on Long Island until I was almost 30,  so I remember. 

49 minutes ago, Abe Froman said:

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

These 8pm Et. starts still suck.

ESPN would rather have old guys argue about NBA games nobody cares about than cover the sport they're gonna cover in 15 minutes.

• Bullseye 1