• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #6: Rangers @ Florida Panthers — Call an Ambulance, but Not for Me

Our coaches always end up pandering to the underperforming stars on this team and it always ends up costing us. There is no reason that Laf who's scored half our goals in this series has not gotten a chance to revive our completely and utterly inept PP. 

6 minutes ago, JHS said:

100% wrong.  They don’t get the puck to the middle because they are settling for shots from the boards.  It’s easy to defend the middle when the other team refuses to go there.

I don't agree but that's fine, the way this is going it is hard to say who is right.  Dave Maloney said the Rangers tried to clear the puck down the middle twice and it cost them.  Florida has shut the center down in their zone and in the Rangers zone.  They are faster to the puck, they hit every chance they get and they forecheck hard with 2 low and a 3rd high by the blueline.  The Rangers need to adjust and Maloney is right, they need to get out of their comfort zone, so far they haven't - 5 games and a period so far.

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, Myusername said:

Our coaches always end up pandering to the underperforming stars on this team and it always ends up costing us. There is no reason that Laf who's scored half our goals in this series has not gotten a chance to revive our completely and utterly inept PP. 

The only things that change with this team and the mentality are the player's names and the guy behind the bench.

1 minute ago, Sharpshooter said:

What was the point of getting Ruhwedel? I would've rather seen him than Gus at least. lol

A solid, experienced defenseman who played exceptionally well with Zac Jones when they were given the chance

2 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

What was the point of getting Ruhwedel? I would've rather seen him than Gus at least. lol

Right? Or having Jones just standing by? I would take Jones over Gus 10 times outta 10. God forbid we have a D-man in the lineup that actually tries to transition the puck outta the zone.

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

PK Subban correctly excoriating Panarin for yet another disastrous period of play out of that fraud

This is on Laviolette at this point.

Panarin is not effective, has not been effective and really should not be on the ice 5v5 at this point.

It sounds gross to say that but what other reality exists?

1 minute ago, BrooksBurner said:

PK Subban correctly excoriating Panarin for yet another disastrous period of play out of that fraud

They'll run him back next year, and we'll be told in January that any perceived playoff struggles are figments of our imagination.

Just now, hamov glir said:

Right? Or having Jones just standing by? I would take Jones over Gus 10 times outta 10. God forbid we have a D-man in the lineup that actually tries to transition the puck outta the zone.

Yeah, Jones was really getting comfortable and playing well, because he was actually playing consistently. Imagine that?

Posted (edited)

Fact is there a bigger stronger more physical team. they have just as much offensive talent, quickness and a very very good goalie

There’s a lot of hockey left but it’s what I feared at the beginning of this series. they are getting bullied out there a little bit and they are just coddled by the organization regardless of who wears a sweater

It’s not over but I have yet to see them display any kind of guts in this series.  frankly that it’s 3-2 is even surprising

Edited by Slobberknocker

Posted (edited)

Who was the idiot who backhanded the puck in the middle for fla to take over? He had a guy open on his forehand with no panther insight. . Decided to back hand it to the middle. Next thing was a goal. Anybody noticed who it was?

Edited by Art20c

Just now, Slobberknocker said:

Fact is there a bigger better stronger they have just as much offensive talent and a very very good goalie

There’s a lot of hockey left but it’s what I feared at the beginning of this series. they are getting bullied out there a little bit and they are just coddled by the organization regardless of who wears a sweater

It’s not over but I have yet to see them display any kind of guts in this series.  frankly that it’s 3-2 is even surprising

If it wasn't for Igor, might've been a Florida sweep.