• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #6: Rangers @ Florida Panthers — Call an Ambulance, but Not for Me

1 minute ago, Slobberknocker said:

Fact is there a bigger better stronger they have just as much offensive talent and a very very good goalie

There’s a lot of hockey left but it’s what I feared at the beginning of this series. they are getting bullied out there a little bit and they are just coddled by the organization regardless of who wears a sweater

It’s not over but I have yet to see them display any kind of guts in this series.  frankly that it’s 3-2 is even surprising

Listening to the radio feed, watching with the sound off.  Dave Maloney was frothing at the radio mike because Bennet stabbed Kreider twice at the end of the period and Kreider just skated away.

7 minutes ago, Steve said:

I don't agree but that's fine, the way this is going it is hard to say who is right.  Dave Maloney said the Rangers tried to clear the puck down the middle twice and it cost them.  Florida has shut the center down in their zone and in the Rangers zone.  They are faster to the puck, they hit every chance they get and they forecheck hard with 2 low and a 3rd high by the blueline.  The Rangers need to adjust and Maloney is right, they need to get out of their comfort zone, so far they haven't - 5 games and a period so far.

I just want to see the Rangers try and drive the net and get the puck to the middle.  Take a chance and see what happens.  Clearly writers from the birds don’t go in at the NHL level.

Their primary adjustment, besides inserting flotsam for flotsam in the lineup, was to start flipping pucks out aerially because they can't handle the pressure.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

If it wasn't for Igor, might've been a Florida sweep.

This isn't even hyperbole. FL had 150% more high danger scoring chances in the last two games per the stat they threw up earlier. Igor should've just stayed home today

12 minutes ago, ausman said:

The Rangers are putting a lot of energy into it but it looks like they don’t know what they’re doing.

Only if they have a coach, who would tell them what to do…. Wait, Does this sound like an old, frequently played record?🤔

Just now, Cr00zng said:

Only if they have a coach, who would tell them what to do…. Wait, Does this sound like an old, frequently played record?🤔

You honestly think these mopes would even listen? 

2 minutes ago, Steve said:

Listening to the radio feed, watching with the sound off.  Dave Maloney was frothing at the radio mike because Bennet stabbed Kreider twice at the end of the period and Kreider just skated away.

Because the way this series has been called Krieder would have been penalized alone.

2 minutes ago, JHS said:

I just want to see the Rangers try and drive the net and get the puck to the middle.  Take a chance and see what happens.  Clearly writers from the birds don’t go in at the NHL level.

I agree with this for sure I just don't think the Rangers have the horses on their top 2 lines or their number 1 pp group.

Just now, Slobberknocker said:

Igor’s not the problem. Neither is Lav. It’s in the room 

Agree, I have full confidence in Lav. Only so much reach a coach can have. Especially considering a lot of our top players have been in this league for a decade + now

1 minute ago, Dem said:

Forgot to mention getting rid of Chytil. Fucking pussy and useless in the playoffs as well

Really man? Our top players have like 1 goal this series and you single out the guy that's been out for 90% of the season?