• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #6: Rangers @ Florida Panthers — Call an Ambulance, but Not for Me

Zibanejad, Panarin, Trouba, Kakko, Gustaffson, Roslovic, Wennberg....wanna see them all gone. Throw Chytil in there as well... guy is made of glass, might as well not waste time trying to develop him further. Peace ya'll.

• Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, Highwaystar said:

The fuck I won’t. Been a fan since 79 and been through a lot with this team. But to keep getting close only to shit it away because our goal scorers are not playoff caliber players and keep watching? Makes no sense to waste my life doing so.

Drury needs some balls this off season and make these moves 

All fans should flood Drury's office with old fashion mail NOT EMAIL, and respectfully say if 2 of these 4 are not moved Trouba, Glider Krieder, No Show Panarin or Lost in Space ZIb then we the people will not support this team in anyway. I am torn on which 2 but after seeing Panarin tonight he is my 1st one and there is a trade waiting. Four consistent guys picked up for less money at 70-80 points is better then 2 at 19 million!

New Coach who can win and has won but same DEAD CORE TEAM.

We are wasting the Prime of Igor and wasting my life supporting this team since 1978 for them to not show up and play! Igor in this series has a .937 save% and this team looses. Take way the one bad game and it goes up to .947, teams would DIE to get this goalie in his prime!

Gone - Roslovic, Wennburg, Gus, Kakko, Wheeler

Signed - Lingren must be resigned but Miller on the fence and Schneider gets 1 more year off help and a D man in the offensive zone

On The fence - Chtyl

Cuylle will improve again to 35-38 points and Laffy will be at 68-80 points!

Trocheck gets the C this upcoming season

• Applause 1

Game 4 was their opportunity to win this series. Absolutely had to go up 3-1. Soon as Florida made it 2-2, you just knew that they were never going to let up. You can't let teams like that off the mat. 

And so that Zibanejad blunder of a pass in OT leading to the penalty ultimately cost this team the game and the season. 

Have a nice summer DJ'ing Mika! 

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

7 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I read that Bob stinks before the series lol that was always a croc of shit. Florida didn’t ask him or need him to be great here, but he didn’t really give the Rangers any softies like Freddy did for Carolina.

Yeah. He did just fine against our anemic offense. When we did do something he was just fine. I mean discard the fact that in spite of everybody and their brother saying they needed to shoot high they as a whole and throughout the majority of the series just didn't do it. Slow learners. New coach or not. Slow fucking learners.

These fuckers and their "one shot game" - that's because Igor was THAT good. It reflects just how bad the rest of the group was. There should be embarrassment throughout the room. One shot because we couldn't do shit offensively. So bad.

The better team won because they showed up shift after shift balls out, snuffing out whatever feeble shit we threw at them.   

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

7 minutes ago, Rangers said:

Trade:

Trouba

Panarin

Zibanijad 

Easier said than done.

Don't see how Panarin's contract is tradeable, and his production is not gonna be replaced. He was OK in this series. 

Trouba is cooked. 

Mika, melts like slush every spring. Nobody is trading to overpay for that. 

• Like 1

Personally, I think Trouba and Fox are still hurt, they added a concussion prone forward who shied from hits against the most physical team in the playoffs and they tried to win with a top 6 that was totally stifled by a Florida team that had more speed and physicality.  The Panthers jumped on every loose puck even the ones that were loose on the way to a pass.  The Rangers didn't lose - they got beat by a better team.

That said, we lost by a goal and every single game was close where it counted - on the scoreboard.  We won 2 OT games we should have lost and our goalie is way better than Florida's goalie.  I have no clue what happens next because the Rangers were a really good team this year.  They need a pure goal scorer, a sniper who has the touch from any spot on the ice.  And they need to keep Rempe in the line up because he is a value-add.

Glad I found this board and was able to share and trade thoughts with fellow Rangers fans!  See you all next year 👍

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Easier said than done.

Don't see how Panarin's contract is tradeable, and his production is not gonna be replaced. He was OK in this series. 

Trouba is cooked. 

Mika, melts like slush every spring. Nobody is trading to overpay for that. 

I don’t even think it’s about a contract, it about NTC clause. With enough of Vaseline you can can it happen.

Edited by Rangers

As bad as the game looked they lost by 1 goal and only because Trouba went to hit the guy without the puck and because Chytil apparently thought that he should cover Shesterkin instead of someone on the other team.  They lost because of bone headed plays.  And they played the same way they did in the regular season thinking that they would just find a way to win without giving it their all.  They lost the majority of loose puck battles the entire series.  Didn’t like the trade deadline aquisitions when Drury made them and they look even worse now.  Trouba and Chytil making it back from injury actually hurt the team instead of helping them.  What was the percentage of playoff goals that Trouba was on for?  Bet is was at least 65%.  

1 hour ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

As bad as the game looked they lost by 1 goal and only because Trouba went to hit the guy without the puck and because Chytil apparently thought that he should cover Shesterkin instead of someone on the other team.  They lost because of bone headed plays.  And they played the same way they did in the regular season thinking that they would just find a way to win without giving it their all.  They lost the majority of loose puck battles the entire series.  Didn’t like the trade deadline aquisitions when Drury made them and they look even worse now.  Trouba and Chytil making it back from injury actually hurt the team instead of helping them.  What was the percentage of playoff goals that Trouba was on for?  Bet is was at least 65%.  

All good points for sure but I give them no credit for the one-shot games after 6 5v5 goals in the first 3 games and then 1 in the next 3 games. That will never be good enough. Ever. I think they found out again that when push comes to shove and late in the playoffs when the competition is very good not having a game at 5v5 will stop them dead in their tracks every time.

Great regular season, was fun for sure. End result was the same, bitten by the same shortcomings. Incredibly hard to win the cup no doubt about it.

1 hour ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I agree with a good amount of this. Sometimes the other team is really good, and it doesn't make your team really bad. 

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, Scott said:

when the competition is very good not having a game at 5v5 will stop them dead in their tracks every time.

You know I think what I've learned over GGs and Lavvy tenure is that you can't really look at one single reason why that is. 

Laviolette cleaned up a lot of GGs mess in the defensive zone at 5v5 But they never really got it going offensively. But nobody could really point to why... Zone entries and exits were supposed to get better, but they didn't. 

The reason they got wrecked versus the Devils is different than the reason versus Florida. Last year we couldn't handle the speed, this year we couldn't handle the size...They were pretty good against Carolina, who's much faster than Florida. 

Just feels like there's more than one dynamic at play.

• Like 1

Going back to that goal with Chytil in front of Igor - wtf is kid doing there? I watched that replay a few times. Wtf is Chytil doing there? What's he supposed to be doing?

Just finished watching the post-game on MSG and at the end before the wrap, the season highlights played and man there sure were some really fun amazing moments this year. Lots of lows, but so many fucking highs. Really felt the outcome would be different. I guess it just goes to show though, you can go through the 82-game grinder and come out on top, but if you're not built for when it really matters, all the regular season success ends up feeling pretty meaningless. 

Still what a year though, a fucking blast, and glad to have been able to share it with everyone on here ❤️ 

Florida was the one team I hoped we wouldn't face.  They play hard and fast and I wasn't sure if we would be able to keep up with them.  In the end, we didn't.  A fun, but, disappointing season.  Oh well, there's always next year, we hope.

Now to get all excited for the draft and over hype whomever we select in the 1st round.

4 hours ago, Karan said:

all the regular season success ends up feeling pretty meaningless.

I don't feel that way at all. I enjoyed this season. It was entertaining, and I watch to be entertained, that's the whole point.

I've come around to the thinking that if you try to tie enjoyment to only winning championships, you're more often going to be disappointed than not. And if sports is continually disappointing, then what's the point?

Don't get me wrong, I'm bummed that they lost. There's no hockey tomorrow. But I'm not going to sit here and act like I didn't get anything out of the season. I got to be entertained and I got to forget about all the bullshit in the world for two and a half hours every other night. That's something. 

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1