• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #6: Rangers @ Florida Panthers — Call an Ambulance, but Not for Me

32 minutes ago, Pete said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm bummed that they lost. There's no hockey tomorrow. But I'm not going to sit here and act like I didn't get anything out of the season. I got to be entertained and I got to forget about all the bullshit in the world for two and a half hours every other night. That's something. 

The Rangers just hit a brick wall, that they could not get around. There's no shame in loosing to a better team, even if the fan base feels otherwise, including myself. It had been an entertaining season, with memorable moments along the way. There's still some hockey left, at least 5 - 6 games. I for one looking forward to just how far the Oilers can go with Knoblauch at the helm. This ought to be good entertainment for awhile...

4 hours ago, Pete said:

I don't feel that way at all. I enjoyed this season. It was entertaining, and I watch to be entertained, that's the whole point.

I've come around to the thinking that if you try to tie enjoyment to only winning championships, you're more often going to be disappointed than not. And if sports is continually disappointing, then what's the point?

Don't get me wrong, I'm bummed that they lost. There's no hockey tomorrow. But I'm not going to sit here and act like I didn't get anything out of the season. I got to be entertained and I got to forget about all the bullshit in the world for two and a half hours every other night. That's something. 

Nah didn't mean that it wasn't enjoyable or not entertaining. Like I said in my post, that regular season was an absolute blast with a lot of amazing highlights. 

But when you look at how the team faired in the playoffs, then it just underscores that regular season success doesn't necessarily translate into playoff success. Even a season as successful as this with the President's Trophy and all. It's almost like you have to enjoy the regular season for what it is and then put any expectations aside, as you're starting from scratch along with 15 other teams.

3 minutes ago, Karan said:

It's almost like you have to enjoy the regular season for what it is and then put any expectations aside, as you're starting from scratch along with 15 other teams.

That's exactly what it is.

Well fellas,

Just wanted to thank you for allowing me to join this crazy ride on this forum.  The Blueshirts Brotherhood is for real and I hope I added to the mix.

Sure wish we could have gotten those elusive 16 wins, but we'll fight another day.

I gotta go, this nut-job girlfriend of mine did some really stupid shit again last night and now she says if I don't bust a nut quickly, we'll be late for a party.   Heading to a BBQ at my Uncle Jerry's place to watch the Yankees sweep the Jints.   I'll try not to embarrass myself, and my whole family.

Be well,  JJ

• Like 1

FORE!!!

Hey look, sometimes the other team is just better....that's all.  Florida outplayed us in pretty much every aspect of the game of hockey.  That being said, all the games were basically one-goal games. 

It was great to get Big Daddy @Keirik out for one more game before we hit the off season.  We went down in a heap together at Rockwell's...the place I kicked off this magical ride of a season.  Unfortunately that ride came to an end a little sooner than I had hoped.

Here are the Top 9 nominees for tonight's, and the very last of the season's “Ozzy Quote of the GDT”, sponsored by Blueshirts Brotherhood!  Yessir!!  The place to be this off season to hang with all your favorite NY Rangers fans! 

We ain't goin' nowhere!!! 

On 6/1/2024 at 11:41 AM, Bugg said:

Can't watch another minute of Kakko mindlessly ignoring the net like it has the clap.

On 6/1/2024 at 1:03 PM, RJWantsTheCup said:

And still 2 goals in 40 games Wennberg gets power play time.  I would put Shesterkin on the power play before Wennberg at this point.  At least he can pass.  

On 6/1/2024 at 9:34 PM, Mistercosmic said:

Fox is the guy who arrives too late at the party and gets drunk on leftovers. 

On 6/1/2024 at 9:49 PM, Vodka Drunkenski said:

The closest Panarin will get to Bobrovsky will be at the handshake line!

On 6/1/2024 at 9:56 PM, Flynn said:

This Rangers team is the one you want dating your daughter. 

Not threatening. Wont get handsy. Will definitely have her home by 11

On 6/1/2024 at 10:32 PM, VegasRanger said:

If I was Shesty, I would take a different flight

On 6/1/2024 at 10:39 PM, phillyb said:

Only guys I wanna see back next season are Laf and Igor. Everyone else can eat my fucking shorts. 

On 6/1/2024 at 11:31 PM, knedragon said:

I knew we were in trouble when I got to the 3rd concourse and there was a fat lady there with a spork !

On 6/1/2024 at 11:31 PM, siddious said:

Didn’t know @Ozzy went to the game 

Well guys, that's a wrap! 

98 consecutive Quote of the GDT's in the book, and you didn't miss a single one!  I hope we can look back and appreciate this past season with all of the highlights we had along the way.

There were a lot of good things to feel good about, and now that I've had a couple of days to digest everything, I think we had a pretty successful season.  No doubt it was a fun ride....but sometimes these things end abruptly, and unfortunately for us this is part of the journey.

We will be back, and I'm sure there will be some changes to make us even better for the next kick at the can.

The winning quote for Saturday night’s GDT goes to Vodka @Vodka Drunkenski!!!  Definitely spot on with that one!!!

One day we're gonna figure out a way to get back to hoisting that silver chalice again!  ...but in the meantime, you guys have a fabulous summer.

Thanks so much for being a part of this all season long.  You guys are the funniest fucking wild Ranger freaks on the planet!! 

Stanley Cup Sport GIF by NHL  One day!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1