• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2023-24 ECF #6: Rangers @ Florida Panthers — Call an Ambulance, but Not for Me

13 minutes ago, Mistercosmic said:

A rookie would immediately be sent back to the farm team after just one mistake, like Trouba makes them all the time. 

All of the time. You aren't kidding.

3 minutes ago, Myusername said:

Really man? Our top players have like 1 goal this series and you single out the guy that's been out for 90% of the season? 

No I called out Panarin and Zib as being pussies as well. Chytil is also a pussy. Am I wrong? You see lots of grit w Chytil?

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, Steve said:

Rangers lines 3 and 4 need more ice time.  The top 2 lines are total shit all series long.

The officials have allowed Panthers to play their “close checking” (translation: borderline holding) game throughout.  I just find it astounding that the Panthers have had more PP chances than the Rangers.  

1 minute ago, Dem said:

No I called out Panarin and Zib as being pussies as well. Chytil is also a pussy. Am I wrong? You see lots of grit w Chytil?

Chytil has a concussion problem.  He can't hit or be hit much.

3 minutes ago, Steve said:

Chytil has a concussion problem.  He can't hit or be hit much.

That's unfortunate. Concussion problems don't win cups. I'm not his mother.

2 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Two of our guys bounce off Kulikov and allow him to make a play out of the zone.

It was three guys actually. All of trochek line. They tried I guess? Just sad.

2 minutes ago, Rangers said:

The game is not for him in this case

I said that a long time ago.  It is either a contract issue, money issue or nepotism but he should not have been brought back in the middle of the playoffs AFTER missing the entire season.

• Keeps it 100 1

Going to reiterate from the other day, Vesey would have been more effective at 1RW then anyone else on this squad currently.

20/20 hindsight, Drury should have put all chips in for Vatrano. He worked the last time and a volume shooter which is missed on 1RW.  

I don’t see it as lack of grit.  I see it as overcommitment to their style of play  which has been systematically shut down.  Need a change of pace, but it’s starting to look like they either don’t have one or refuse to change.

Just now, Blue Heaven said:

Going to reiterate from the other day, Vesey would have been more effective at 1RW then anyone else on this squad currently.

20/20 hindsight, Drury should have put all chips in for Vatrano. He worked the last time and a volume shooter which is missed on 1RW.  

Drury not going all in on a winger for that line, probably cost them a chance to play for the Cup.

3 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Two of our guys bounce off Kulikov and allow him to make a play out of the zone.

Saw the same thing. It was Panarin first with about the softest forecheck attempt you can make, and I think Lafreniere was the 2nd and tried to hit him a bit but just bounced right off him.

Just now, ausman said:

I don’t see it as lack of grit.  I see it as overcommitment to their style of play  which has been systematically shut down.  Need a change of pace, but it’s starting to look like they either don’t have one or refuse to change.

Disagree, complete lack of balls imo. Guess we see it different

Just now, Blue Heaven said:

Vesey was taken out by an unpenalized illegal hit.  I’m shocked this has never been mentioned  — even by the Ranger coach.