• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024 Off-season Thread: Burn in Effigy

It will be, and it should be, blown up.

This is a disgrace.

I have never been sicker to my stomach about a lost season than this.

This was a missed opportunity. And this is something that will haunt this franchise.

The coach wore it last year. The core will this year.

An absolute and utter catastrophe.

I’ve said it for the last few years and will leave it as my last post for the season…as long as Kreider is on the first line, Rangers will make it difficult to win in the playoffs…need 3 guys giving 100% every shift…incredibly skilled hands, but laziest guy on the team…should be 2nd line and special teams…out….

Just now, RichieNextel305 said:

This is a disgrace.

This was a missed opportunity. And this is something that will haunt this franchise.

Gotta get rid of Trouba 100%. Don't resign any of these trade deadlines acquisitions.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

This is a disgrace.

Never before have I wanted a core group disbanded more than this one. I think Lavi can bring us a cup but we CANNOT WASTE anymore time with the likes of Zib and Panerin. I want less talented guys who are actually hungry 

There’s gonna be some hot headed takes in this thread, but at the end of the day they lost to a better team in game 6 in the ECF.

We all hoped for a Cup, but there’s only one winner every year and although they had a great regular season we all knew there probably was a few better teams. We ran into one of them and did get the necessary bounces. It sucks, but it is what it is.

• Bullseye 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Keeps it 100 8

10 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

This is a disgrace.

Last year was far worse.

• Keeps it 100 5

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Last year was far worse.

Agreed.

but what we have now is a track record on the core and it’s not altogether all that impressive. Hard to be positive. 

This wasn't nearly as bad as losing to Tampa and New Jersey. They got smacked by a better team. That's it. This was one of the best most memorable regular seasons in a long time. There are still things to get excited about and look forward to. Also realize that our big guys aren't going anywhere. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

I look on the bright side of this playoff run with a positive: we know what we have in lafreniere now which is a superstar. Did it all regular season and all playoff. Build around

• ALEXIS! 1
  • Applause 1

3 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

There’s gonna be some hot headed takes in this thread, but at the end of the day they lost to a better team in game 6 in the ECF.

We all hoped for a Cup, but there’s only one winner every year and although they had a great regular season we all knew there probably was a few better teams. We ran into one of them and did get the necessary bounces. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Thanks for posting what I didn't want to waste my time posting LOL. I salute your perspective and your resilience. 🫡

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, siddious said:

Agreed.

but what we have now is a track record on the core and it’s not altogether all that impressive. Hard to be positive. 

It is. But just in a vacuum, this was a great year where they lost to a better team. 

• Applause 1

5 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

This. I'm furious, because I hate the style of play that this teams' top players play with, but they 150% lost to the better team. This wasn't a catastrophe. It was a masterclass in understanding what it takes to actually win in the playoffs with intent. They can learn a truck load of lessons from this series alone, especially with regard to roster construction.

Quadrupling down at the deadline on even more wallflower, pass-only, soft skill players was just a giant waste of time. They did nothing except exist.

• Like 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Zuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc said:

I feel you Zucc but nah, too many thought the Rangers were the best team in the league and flaunted it, tried to shit on anyone with a realistic take like yours here. They don’t get let off the hook and they know who they are.

It’s very obvious there’s a large gap between the Rangers and what is required to go the distance in the playoffs. I hope Drury sees that. You can’t just rearrange the chairs around the same kitchen table anymore.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Like 2
  • Keeps it 100 2

Just now, Bugg said:

5 shots on goal in 3rd; soft as baby shit. 

Not for a lack of effort. They tried. They failed because they're inferior, not because of a lack of will. It's a roster composition issue.

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 3

Posted (edited)

5 shots on goal in 3rd; soft as baby shit.  Angry these weak willed losers are about to waste the career of ANOTHER HoF goalie. 

Edited by Bugg
  • Keeps it 100 1

Also, the BIGGEST issue facing this team is its defense. They can't move the puck. 4/6 go off the glass and out every time. Jones needs to be a regular next year. Gustafsson should have his gear thrown into a fucking dumpster outside the Garden... tonight.

• LMFAO 1
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, Dunny said:

They'll extend Gustafsson. Roll it back. Big brain stuff. This league is incredibly lame when it comes to trades. Stuff rarely happens.

lol No way, especially with how Jones grew this year.