• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024 Off-season Thread: Burn in Effigy

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’m just concerned that we have a hole in the Top-6 and potentially on the blue line if/when Trouba goes. And there is almost nothing desirable left to fill either void. I’m not advocating going punch drunk like some of these GM’s. But he can’t just sit idly and do absolutely nothing while name after name is off the board and we have work to do.

Thing is, with our limited cap space, nothing that was there already really fit the team we're trying to build.

• Keeps it 100 1

3 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Best names left:

Skinner

Tarasenko

Foegele

Duclair

Sprong

Henrique

Stephenson

Noesen

Defense is slim.

Ghost

Walker

Gus

Schultz

Brannstrom

Anyone who plays RW and can put up 50ish points would be great. 

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Walker to Canes.

If Drury was trading Trouba I’m not sure what his plan was for a replacement. Maybe Gus on the cheap? He played the right side when Fox was out and did very well

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

If Drury was trading Trouba I’m not sure what his plan was for a replacement. Maybe Gus on the cheap? He played the right side when Fox was out and did very well

Zero physicality then.

I wish this got done earlier and we were able to sign someone like Dillon who can bang people. Or if you need a RHD, someone else on the market.

This isn’t looking good.

Kreider - Zibanejad - TBD

Panarin - Trocheck - Lafreniere

Cuylle - Chytil - Kakko

Vesey - Carrick - Rempe

TBD (55?) - Fox

Miller - TBD (4?)

Jones - TBD

Shesterkin

Quick

I'm not sure what the expectation was? Literally no deal on any of the relevant players signed today fits onto our team after this year. It's depth via FA and then a trade must be made otherwise.  

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Zero physicality then.

I wish this got done earlier and we were able to sign someone like Dillon who can bang people. Or if you need a RHD, someone else on the market.

This isn’t looking good.

Kreider - Zibanejad - TBD

Panarin - Trocheck - Lafreniere

Cuylle - Chytil - Kakko

Vesey - Carrick - Rempe

TBD (55?) - Fox

Miller - TBD (4?)

Jones - TBD

Shesterkin

Quick

Perhaps time for Othmann & Perreault to step up. Trouba, Schneider, Lindgren all still going to be on the defense -- the team did make the conference finals -- perhaps the plan is RW fill at the deadline. 

4 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

It seems they had all their eggs in the Kane basket.

Only logical one left that would make sense, ironically enough, is Tarasenko.

Drury is too smart for that. 

2 minutes ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

I don't know that he is though. Why do we give Drury so much credit as a GM? He hasn't really delivered anything worthwhile except Copp and Vatrano in 2022. 

With the way he has handled Goodrow and Trouba, he may end his tenure here because players don't want to come here with those tactics on the table. Time will tell....

6 minutes ago, Ranger Lothbrok said:

I don't know that he is though. Why do we give Drury so much credit as a GM? He hasn't really delivered anything worthwhile except Copp and Vatrano in 2022. 

I understand why someone might have doubts or reservations about him.

That said… he’s done all of this without any of his own guys.

Let’s see how it plays out 

This is correct. I think it’s already at zero. That would mean good utilization from freeing up Trouba’s cap would have to be acquired by trade. 

If they have an opportunity to dump the contract, it still matters for next summer though.

I like the idea of bringing up the kids.  YOUNGER, faster, stronger I still think is the way to go.

That being said, bringing in an over-paid free agent just stands in the way and blocks one or more of the kids that may just be the answer from within. 

Seriously....Fuck this free agent class!  Let's see Othmann and the rest in camp, and if they don't cut it, we'll make a couple of trades at the deadline to shore up what we need.

We can make the playoffs with this group as is....including the human penalty machine #8.

I wanna see the young guns, if they're ready to go.

• Keeps it 100 1