• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024 Off-season Thread: Burn in Effigy

13 minutes ago, jsm7302 said:

Y'all wanna get a lil pissed? We live and die by the fandom for this team. On Spittin Chiclets, they were talking about having inside sources telling them the Rangers players had girlfriends accompanying them to Florida for their games in the series and taking beach days instead of focusing on the task at hand. Really sucks to hear it may have come down to commitment in completing the task at hand....

If nothing else; leadership needs to change in that locker room. That kind of lack of focus during the largest battle of the year is the reason why they most likely looked outplayed and mismatched. Wow.

100 to 1 that‘s about Key and his instagram model gf lol

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

racist wonder showzen GIF

well we know it’s not kakko because that guy is def a virgin 

Edited by siddious
  • LMFAO 1

7 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Unless she deleted her posts, there's nothing in her Instagram that shows that...

Need more information. I have absolutely no problem with players going to the beach on an off day, if that's all it was. They need to clear their heads too. 

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

Unless she deleted her posts, there's nothing in her Instagram that shows that...

Need more information. I have absolutely no problem with players going to the beach on an off day, if that's all it was. They need to clear their heads too. 

I mean I wouldn’t blow it out of proportion, but it gives me images of the NY Football Giants boat pic vibes.

There’s an entire offseason for that kind of stuff. All else being equal, if I’m choosing between a guy watching film of the previous game to look for a possible edge on the day between games, or a guy crashing the beach with his girlfriend on a road trip, I know which one I’m choosing. Maybe study extra for the final exam instead of just showing up…know what I mean?

4 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I mean I wouldn’t blow it out of proportion, but it gives me images of the NY Football Giants boat pic vibes.

There’s an entire offseason for that kind of stuff. All else being equal, if I’m choosing between a guy watching film of the previous game to look for a possible edge on the day between games, or a guy crashing the beach with his girlfriend on a road trip, I know which one I’m choosing. Maybe study extra for the final exam instead of just showing up…know what I mean?

I think the problem with these rumors is they lack context. 

If these guys had a 10:00 a.m. meeting and they went over video for 4 hours and wound up at the beach at 2:00 or 3:00, then what's the problem? How much a video are they supposed to watch? Who's to say the coaches didn't tell them to go and chill and take some time away from hockey because he sensed they were gripping their sticks too tight?

We've seen coaches throw out a beach ball at practice when the team is tight, shit like that.

This just feels like a real nothing burger to me. Oh my god there girlfriends were there?! Who cares?

• Like 2

This is a story in search of a problem.  Big fucking deal- they didn't lose because they were hanging at the beach. Sitting in the hotels rooms scouring game tape want going to fix what ultimately killed this team. 

Police Turkey GIF by South Park

• Applause 2

5 hours ago, siddious said:

racist wonder showzen GIF

well we know it’s not kakko because that guy is def a virgin 

Yeah the next real live female tit he sees with be the first. It's a part of the problem I'm sure.

• Like 1

The hysteria of the day:

Oh, my God; they may have gone to a beach for an afternoon with their girlfriends. Gather a posse!

They're a bunch of 20 something guys in peak health; not hearing anybody got in to a bar fight or even tipped a jar too many. This isn't why they lost. Not naming the player, but when we were in Tampa in March, a Ranger player was at the next table at Malio's Steakhouse. Was with....shocking, I know....a girl!  A hot one at that. He was a total gentleman, shook hands with everyone, took a few photos with us annoying fans. Was unaware until today NHL players took a vow of chastity. 

Injuries; at this point in the playoffs, EVERYBODY is banged up. Don't entirely understand the Trouba/ankle stuff because there were better D available. 

Igor's new contract; this is all the beginning of a negotiation. 

Yes, this ending totally sucked. There's issues. The GM and coach know that better than any of us. Let's see where this team stands beginning of July, or before training camp. 

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1
  • Believe 1

21 minutes ago, Bugg said:

The hysteria of the day:

Oh, my God; they may have gone to a beach for an afternoon with their girlfriends. Gather a posse!

They're a bunch of 20 something guys in peak health; not hearing anybody got in to a bar fight or even tipped a jar too many. This isn't why they lost. Not naming the player, but when we were in Tampa in March, a Ranger player was at the next table at Malio's Steakhouse. Was with....shocking, I know....a girl!  A hot one at that. He was a total gentleman, shook hands with everyone, took a few photos with us annoying fans. Was unaware until today NHL players took a vow of chastity. 

Injuries; at this point in the playoffs, EVERYBODY is banged up. Don't entirely understand the Trouba/ankle stuff because there were better D available. 

Igor's new contract; this is all the beginning of a negotiation. 

Yes, this ending totally sucked. There's issues. The GM and coach know that better than any of us. Let's see where this team stands beginning of July, or before training camp. 

Was it Kakko?

11 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

Y'all wanna get a lil pissed? We live and die by the fandom for this team. On Spittin Chiclets, they were talking about having inside sources telling them the Rangers players had girlfriends accompanying them to Florida for their games in the series and taking beach days instead of focusing on the task at hand. Really sucks to hear it may have come down to commitment in completing the task at hand....

If nothing else; leadership needs to change in that locker room. That kind of lack of focus during the largest battle of the year is the reason why they most likely looked outplayed and mismatched. Wow.

No concerns from me they didn't score at even strength there either.

I don’t care how easy it is to make fun of it. Guys that live and breathe the game and greatly value winning aren’t hitting up the beach with their girl 24 hours before an elimination game. They want to be around the boys and the team. The same nonchalant attitude is frequently displayed on the ice. You didn’t hear about Tom Brady fucking around in Cabo with 2 weeks to spare until the Super Bowl. You didn’t hear about Kobe fucking around between Finals games. Get it? There’s 2-4 full months to do that after you get eliminated or win the whole thing.

I will say that not everybody is the same. Some guys are so good they are actually capable of doing whatever they want. They have a switch that can just be turned on or off at will. Most aren’t like that. Certainly not this Rangers team.

Pretending it’s the same as fucking around between games in November on the road is so disingenuous.

55 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I don’t care how easy it is to make fun of it. Guys that live and breathe the game and greatly value winning aren’t hitting up the beach with their girl 24 hours before an elimination game. They want to be around the boys and the team. The same nonchalant attitude is frequently displayed on the ice. You didn’t hear about Tom Brady fucking around in Cabo with 2 weeks to spare until the Super Bowl. You didn’t hear about Kobe fucking around between Finals games. Get it? There’s 2-4 full months to do that after you get eliminated or win the whole thing.

I will say that not everybody is the same. Some guys are so good they are actually capable of doing whatever they want. They have a switch that can just be turned on or off at will. Most aren’t like that. Certainly not this Rangers team.

Pretending it’s the same as fucking around between games in November on the road is so disingenuous.

Just because nobody heard about it doesn't mean those things didn't happen. 

Frankly I don't really care what some guy named Murls and his unnamed  sources say.

This is and nothing burger now the same as it was this morning. What changed your mind between now and then?

20 minutes ago, Pete said:

Just because nobody heard about it doesn't mean those things didn't happen. 

Frankly I don't really care what some guy named Murls and his unnamed  sources say.

This is and nothing burger now the same as it was this morning. What changed your mind between now and then?

I said I wouldn't blow it out of proportion, not that I didn't think it was a problem at all. I agreed with you that it lacked context and that matters.

I think it's just the general hyperbole that it's some incredibly meaningless and ridiculous thing to put off R and R with a girlfriend when there's months of it right around the corner. It's a bit immature IMHO.

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I said I wouldn't blow it out of proportion, not that I didn't think it was a problem at all. I agreed with you that it lacked context and that matters.

I think it's just the general hyperbole that it's some incredibly meaningless and ridiculous thing to put off R and R with a girlfriend when there's months of it right around the corner. It's a bit immature IMHO.

Gotcha. I think it's still lacks a few things... Verification, credibility, context... As far as I'm concerned it's just a rumor. If it comes out that it wasn't, also need to understand the context. If Lavvy said "go get some air and they went to the beach", I've got no issue.

And you know what, even if they went off and did what they did, it's another valuable learning experience on what it takes to win. 

I refuse to go through this off-season being pissed off at every quote, every little mistake, every "coulda shoulda woulda". It's just no way to live for 3 months lol. 

I think if anybody was going to point at the cracks in this team, Tro would do it, and he seems to have faith in that group. 

“I think it’s not necessarily the guys; it’s finding another level,” Vincent Trocheck said. “This is the start of becoming our identity. This year, we started to mold our identity. The more we continue at what we are doing now, I think it will only continue to get better.”

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Gotcha. I think it's still lacks a few things... Verification, credibility, context... As far as I'm concerned it's just a rumor. If it comes out that it wasn't, also need to understand the context. If Lavvy said "go get some air and they went to the beach", I've got no issue.

And you know what, even if they went off and did what they did, it's another valuable learning experience on what it takes to win. 

I refuse to go through this off-season being pissed off at every quote, every little mistake, every "coulda shoulda woulda". It's just no way to live for 3 months lol. 

I think if anybody was going to point at the cracks in this team, Tro would do it, and he seems to have faith in that group. 

I like Tro but that quote doesn't mean much when you're talking about players over 30 years old who have been around for a long time. Some for many years together. There's no identity to find. They are what they are.

It's a great quote if they were 25 years old.

• Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

I get it, this elimination doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. There are plenty of other things to be concerned about in the world and in our own little worlds, but still, it really does suck.

• Like 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I like Tro but that quote doesn't mean much when you're talking about players over 30 years old who have been around for a long time. Some for many years together. There's no identity to find. They are what they are.

It's a great quote if they were 25 years old.

Eh. Teams have an identity as a group. Sure they've played together but that's not the same as having an identity.

Edited by Pete

6 minutes ago, Abe Froman said:

I get it, this elimination doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. There are plenty of other things to be concerned about in the world and in our own little worlds, but still, it really does suck.

Hockey should be fun. If things stop being fun you should stop doing them. The second something makes you miserable it's not worth doing.

That's why I try my best focus on the things around the team that I enjoy. Otherwise what's the point?

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Hockey should be fun. If things stop being fun you should stop doing them. The second something makes you miserable it's not worth doing.

That's why I try my best focus on the things around the team that I enjoy. Otherwise what's the point?

Good point. There definitely were a lot of good times and even some great times this season. They were made even better by being shared with all of you guys. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

We haven't heard any player was not ready to play because of what amounts to a few hours at the beach. Heard a rumor there's even pools at these hotel things. Frozen fruity drinks even! There's reasons this team didn't win this series, but this isn't one of them.

Think we fans are disappointed. Very much so. And it's hard to get this far. There are no guarantees you get back. 

And like what the fuck am I supposed to watch until college football and the NFL start? But that disappointment is not a good reason to latch onto every negative story. Guess I will .go to the beach and drink. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1