• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024 Off-season Thread: Burn in Effigy

1 hour ago, RichieNextel305 said:

That, to me, doesn’t like sound a GM that isn’t 100% sure he has the right blend in that locker room as is.

Shots fired with that quote.

"believe individually" rather than "believe in the team"

"figure out" rather than "find out"

Nothing is off the table.

That last part sounds like something Patrick Kane can do.

And he could be had for not too much.

I wonder if that’s an avenue worth re-investigating for a year. If you can’t deal Trouba and you’re not dealing with a ton of funds.

I know some may not be about that. But if he can be had cheap on a 1-Year deal and he could help that line, I’m all for it.

Word is he wants term.

14 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Shots fired with that quote.

"believe individually" rather than "believe in the team"

"figure out" rather than "find out"

Nothing is off the table.

" I love all the clothes in my closet, but I have nothing to wear..."

Feels like he can say whatever he wants but can't do whatever he wants. So, no new news.

• LOL 1
  • Cheers 1

That, to me, doesn’t like sound a GM that isn’t 100% sure he has the right blend in that locker room as is.

Well that part we know, the question is does he feel like he needs to add or subtract?

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Word is he wants term.

I don’t think many teams will offer more than 2 years.

I think he wants to win, and still would like to prove it here.

If he can be had for 1 year and $3-3.5 Million, I wouldn’t bat an eye.

12 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I don’t think many teams will offer more than 2 years.

I think he wants to win, and still would like to prove it here.

If he can be had for 1 year and $3-3.5 Million, I wouldn’t bat an eye.

I'd love to see it, I just don't think it'll happen. 

41 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Pretty late to post this by Valley. Does he know something is about to go down? Is he getting out ahead of it, softening the blow by posting how outplayed they got more than a week after the fact?

That’s one way to look at it. Another way is that despite saving a million shots he shouldn’t have, shesty let in the two low danger scoring chances against that were the difference in the series that Bob did not. 

4 minutes ago, Valriera said:

That’s one way to look at it. Another way is that despite saving a million shots he shouldn’t have, shesty let in the two low danger scoring chances against that were the difference in the series that Bob did not. 

There's no way, no how you can blame Igor for what happened in the ECF.

The Rangers were thoroughly outplayed in all zones and by game 5 they were ready to go home for the season. 

• Keeps it 100 2

Here's one of those situations where two things can be true. 

Igor was obviously fantastic. Igor also made some really bad plays, especially in game one. 

Doesn't change the body of work, but the fact is that Tkachuk goal shouldn't go in.

I know the revisionist narrative would be that the Rangers got spanked for six games, but that's not actually what happened. Game one and game two were very evenly played. 

Game 1

Game 2

8 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I think the Rangers played well enough to deserve the win in game 2.

The Panthers abused them in every other game. Igor was outstanding.

Yep, Vally pretty much agrees too

Let’s see what the offseason brings, if anything

• Keeps it 100 1

Enjoy Igor while you can. He saw what happened with Hank, there is zero chance he wants to stay and carry this franchise and get no cup out of it. He could probably go to Colorado, Vancouver, or dare I say New Jersey as they mature and get 3 cups.

21 hours ago, Pete said:

I'm sure that'll be the way you remember it, but that's not the way it happened. 

Uh..

They’re not mean enough. They’re not physical enough. They’re not built to specs that will get them to 16 wins in the playoffs. Their inability to score against Florida was equivalent to their inability to score against Tampa Bay two years ago.

Rehashing the Florida series inevitably leads to piling on. They did not get it done. You — and the Rangers — can talk about the one-goal losses, but both of the Rangers victories came in overtime. They could have been swept. They never really got to their game after going up 3-0 against Carolina. They went 3-6 their last nine games. They won two games in regulation after the Washington series.

https://nypost.com/2024/06/07/sports/chris-drury-has-more-to-address-than-just-tightening-up-rangers-core/

I mean, I get it. To me, this is the same argument as the Kings SCF. It's glass half full/empty. I still look back at that series and think they got rolled. I don't really care how many games go to OT. They were never in control. Just like they were never in control against Florida, and just like they completely lost control of other series (Tampa). It all boils down to this team has mediocre 5v5 players who do not dictate play.

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

20 minutes ago, Phil said:

I mean, I get it. To me, this is the same argument as the Kings SCF. It's glass half full/empty. I still look back at that series and think they got rolled. I don't really care how many games go to OT. They were never in control. Just like they were never in control against Florida, and just like they completely lost control of other series (Tampa). It all boils down to this team has mediocre 5v5 players who do not dictate play.

Games one and two were very evenly played. That's all I said. The data supports it. 

Of course you feel like they got rolled. Anyone can feel however they want, feelings aren't facts.

Edited by Pete

1 minute ago, Pete said:

Games one and two were very evenly played. That's all I said. The data supports it. 

Of course you feel like they got rolled. Anyone can feel however they want, feelings aren't facts.

Pete, they got rolled.

I don't know what kind of blinders you have on but they're preventing you from seeing what happened.