• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024 Off-season Thread: Burn in Effigy

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

If you were cold and went into a store to buy a hoodie, You don't buy a $500 hoodie to wear once just because you're cold. That's number one. 

Number two is you're assuming that he didn't offer as much as he possibly could to get the players he wanted without decimating an already thin pipeline, and GM's just chose other packages instead. 

Thirdly you're assuming you're working with all the information, and we're not. 

i've seen this analogy here before.  And yes, i would buy a $1000 hoodie if I was cold.  Otherwise i'd freeze to death. 

I can only work from the information we have.  If there were reports that Drury offered more for Guentzel than Carolina and Shittsburgh declined for example, then we'd base our opinions on that information.  There are no reports that Drury went after those better assets and was rejected.  So when you say there's more information than we know, you're assuming much more than myself and @BrooksBurner when we form our opinions from the facts that we all know.   

• Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, Flynn said:

The alternative discussion is how often deadline deals actually help you win a cup. I think its far less frequent than folklore would have you believe. 

i would assume that if they didnt help, they wouldnt be made

17 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

i've seen this analogy here before.  And yes, i would buy a $1000 hoodie if I was cold.  Otherwise i'd freeze to death. 

I can only work from the information we have.  If there were reports that Drury offered more for Guentzel than Carolina and Shittsburgh declined for example, then we'd base our opinions on that information.  There are no reports that Drury went after those better assets and was rejected.  So when you say there's more information than we know, you're assuming much more than myself and @BrooksBurner when we form our opinions from the facts that we all know.   

Alby coming in hot from the top rope!

Game set match

17 minutes ago, Flynn said:

The alternative discussion is how often deadline deals actually help you win a cup. I think its far less frequent than folklore would have you believe. 

Well the 2 teams in the finals got something better than the Rangers. Edmonton got Henrique and Florida got Tarasenko.

27 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

Well that would be a terrible decision because nobody was freezing to death. They just bought a cheaper hoodie. Value is value and you don't pay through the nose at all costs because that's what's called getting raped. 

I'm more confident in my assumption that we don't have the whole story than I am in your assumption that you know everything. 

6 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Well the 2 teams in the finals got something better than the Rangers. Edmonton got Henrique and Florida got Tarasenko.

Yes a fourth liner and a third liner... Playing way down the lineup than what they were acquired to do.

I don't know if saying Henrique with his four points is helping Edmonton to a cup is a wise argument, or Tank and his 7 points. Roslovic had 8 points in the playoffs LOL. 

Edited by Pete

11 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Alby coming in hot from the top rope!

Game set match

Again, this is the world you build for yourself where just because you say it it's fact. 

The thing is, the rest of us live in the real world lol. 

Edited by Pete

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

Again, this is the world you build for yourself where just because you say it it's fact. 

The thing is, the rest of us live in the real world lol. 

Yes, the real world, like the one you live in where we pretend all GMs box Drury out from making good offers and we couldn't have known at the deadline if Roslovic or Guentzel is a better add.

17 minutes ago, Pete said:

Well that would be a terrible decision because nobody was freezing to death. They just bought a cheaper hoodie. Value is value and you don't pay through the nose at all costs because that's what's called getting raped. 

I'm more confident in my assumption that we don't have the whole story than I am in your assumption that you know everything. 

i would pay thru the nose if i was cold.  So would you.  This team had the best opportunity to win since 2014.  I would pay thru the roof to better my team for a better chance.  So would you.  Stop arguing just to argue.  or dont, cause we're bored

I didnt claim i know everything.  i'm going off of what is known to all of us.  You're making claims that there's more to it, as if you know something we all dont know.  

28 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Yes, the real world, like the one you live in where we pretend all GMs box Drury out from making good offers and we couldn't have known at the deadline if Roslovic or Guentzel is a better add.

I don't know what you're talking about dude but clearly you're offended by anyone challenging your thinking or the assertion that there are possibilities outside the ones you've decided are the only ones.

Me rebutting the idea that Duclair was better than Roslovic has now turned into Guentzel? Why are you making up fictitious arguments?

This is what I mean. Rather than just say there are other possibilities that exist, you just twist the argument. So I'll just bow out because I think I prove it my point more than once.

Edited by Pete

23 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

i would pay thru the nose if i was cold.  So would you.  This team had the best opportunity to win since 2014.  I would pay thru the roof to better my team for a better chance.  So would you.  Stop arguing just to argue.  or dont, cause we're bored

I didnt claim i know everything.  i'm going off of what is known to all of us.  You're making claims that there's more to it, as if you know something we all dont know.  

That would be you putting words in my mouth.

I'm not claiming to know anything other than there's probably a lot of conversations that happened that don't get reported in the media. I don't think that that's an outrageous thing to say. I think it's pretty obvious. 

Maybe you would pay this through the nose for the hoodie, but there's only one hoodie at sometimes you get outbid. It doesn't mean that you're cheap or an idiot. There are possibilities that exist outside of the two that you and Brooks are clinging to. 

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't know what you're talking about dude but clearly you're offended by anyone challenging your thinking or the assertion that there are possibilities outside the ones you've decided are the only ones, so I'll just bow out. 

Lol you got so bent out of shape because I said Drury giving up a 2nd and a 4th at the deadline isn't going all in, which is a pretty cut and dry general knowledge thing to say. I think you argue just to argue. Maybe you're just frustrated you were wrong. I dunno.

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

That would be you putting words in my mouth.

I'm not claiming to know anything other than there's probably a lot of conversations that happened that don't get reported in the media. I don't think that that's an outrageous thing to say. I think it's pretty obvious. 

Maybe you would pay this through the nose for the hoodie, but there's only one hoodie at sometimes you get outbid. It doesn't mean that you're cheap or an idiot. There are possibilities that exist outside of the two that you and Brooks are clinging to. 

obviously there could've been other possibilities but Drury could've offered more than TB for Duclair, for example.  Duclair didnt fetch much

7 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Lol you got so bent out of shape because I said Drury giving up a 2nd and a 4th at the deadline isn't going all in, which is a pretty cut and dry general knowledge thing to say. I think you argue just to argue. Maybe you're just frustrated you were wrong. I dunno.

I'm not bent out of shape. You're the one who's clearly irritated because now you're throwing pot shots instead of just debating points. That's normally what you resort to when you've been rebutted.

I've already told you what's frustrating about your position. You just don't read, or you only read what you feel like reading and not what's actually being written. 

I'm not bent out of shape by anything you said. The fact that you think everything you say is a fact and that there are no other facts other than the ones you say just makes this a pointless conversation. 

I don't get frustrated when I'm wrong. It happens. You were wrong about a shit ton. I just get a kick out of the idea that you think you're any different. Other side of the same coin buddy. 

Edited by Pete

4 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

obviously there could've been other possibilities but Drury could've offered more than TB for Duclair, for example.  Duclair didnt fetch much

I think my overarching point is we don't know who offered what for what. We know what was reported, but I think it's safe to say Not everything gets reported. 

Could they have gotten Duclair If they decided to sell the farm, maybe yeah, but that guy had two assists in the playoffs on a team that got bounced in five. I don't see any reason to believe the outcome would have been different at the end of the day if they got him. 

Same thing with Henrique or Tarasenko. 

1 minute ago, Pete said:

I think my overarching point is we don't know who offered what for what. We know what was reported, but I think it's safe to say Not everything gets reported. 

Could they have gotten Duclair If they decided to sell the farm, maybe yeah, but that guy had two assists in the playoffs on a team that got bounced in five. I don't see any reason to believe the outcome would have been different at the end of the day if they got him. 

Same thing with Henrique or Tarasenko. 

but we do know what was offered and what was taken.  Duclair was traded for a prospect and a 3rd round pick.  Surely SJ would've taken a first rounder instead if Drury offered. 

It doesnt matter how many points Duclair scored in TB, he was still a better offensive option than Roslovic

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

I'm not bent out of shape. You're the one who's clearly irritated because now you're throwing pot shots instead of just debating points. That's normally what you resort to when you've been rebutted.

I've already told you what's frustrating about your position. You just don't read, or you only read what you feel like reading and not what's actually being written. 

I'm not bent out of shape by anything you said. The fact that you think everything you say is a fact and that there are no other facts other than the ones you say just makes this a pointless conversation. 

I don't get frustrated when I'm wrong. It happens. You were wrong about a shit ton. I just get a kick out of the idea that you think you're any different. Other side of the same coin buddy. 

You spent all day telling me I'm operating on a conspiracy theory and I don't know everything that happened behind the scenes, all because I said Drury did not go all in at the deadline. Because I push back on that, you start yapping that I'm not open to new ideas. No. I'm just not open to your argument here, and I don't believe for one second that Wennberg and Roslovic were the best and only options available.