• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024 Off-season Thread: Burn in Effigy

13 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

you dont think Duclair is a better offensive player than Roslovic?  really?

Duclair-15 points and +6 in 17 games since traded to TB

Roslovic-8 points and -1 in 19 games since traded to NYR

Pre traded Duclair had 27 points in 56 games for a bottom feeder. Roslovic had 23 in 40 for a bottom feeder. That puts Ros higher p/g than Duke. 

Edited by Pete

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

Pre traded Duclair had 27 points in 56 games for a bottom feeder. Roslovic had 23 in 40 for a bottom feeder. That puts Ros higher p/g than Duke. 

you mean on a team that was tanking  and coached by David Quinn?

• Applause 1

32 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

you mean on a team that was tanking  and coached by David Quinn?

You're completely grasping at straws, both teams sucked. The fact of the matter is that at the time of the trade neither player was better than the other. Even their most frequent line mates put up 40 and 60 points respectively. 

At the time, and in hindsight, it wouldn't have made a difference..Duclair had 2 points playing with Point and Kuch, and Tampa got eliminated in five. 

Edited by Pete
  • LMFAO 1

As a point of order since I know you'll both be asking, no, we cannot bring the Hot Chicks thread back with a focus on unique talents like smashing bricks with your tits.

Even if we really, really, really want to.

• LMFAO 1

19 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

As a point of order since I know you'll both be asking, no, we cannot bring the Hot Chicks thread back with a focus on unique talents like smashing bricks with your tits.

I dont this Pete was into the Hot Chicks thread.  I know that cause he likes David Quinn…lol

3 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

I dont this Pete was into the Hot Chicks thread.  I know that cause he likes David Quinn…lol

What you don't know about me could fill the Grand Canyon.

3 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Baby Reaction GIF

• LMFAO 1

3 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

spacer.png

• LOL 1

6 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Google ads are the anti-Christ!

You heard it here first...

13 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Yeah, can’t see the Rangers core buying in like Maurice talks about here

You also couldn't see Panarin having an MVP level season, or the team making the playoffs let alone winning the president's trophy. 

So it's safe to say there's a lot of things that happen that you can't see. 

29 minutes ago, Pete said:

You also couldn't see Panarin having an MVP level season, or the team making the playoffs let alone winning the president's trophy. 

So it's safe to say there's a lot of things that happen that you can't see. 

Hoping for anomalies is not a strategy

10 hours ago, LindG1000 said:

Heartbreaking. 

• Keeps it 100 1

10 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Hoping for anomalies is not a strategy

And I'm sure you truly believe they were anomalies.

On the other hand I also think you truly believe that trading their best offensive player and trying to replace the production with journeymen UFAs isn't hope.

2 hours ago, Pete said:

And I'm sure you truly believe they were anomalies.

On the other hand I also think you truly believe that trading their best offensive player and trying to replace the production with journeymen UFAs isn't hope.

I’ll tell you what wasn’t an anomaly. Panarin and Zibanejad playing small in the playoffs.

• Keeps it 100 1

13 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

I’ll tell you what wasn’t an anomaly. Panarin and Zibanejad playing small in the playoffs.

That's fine, but how does it change what I just said about your ideas being just another version of hope?

22 minutes ago, Pete said:

That's fine, but how does it change what I just said about your ideas being just another version of hope?

I never said hope doesn’t exist. There’s some amount of hope behind everything in sports. Only one team can win. The issue is when it becomes the backbone of a strategy. Like running the same 30+ aged core out there a 5th year in a row. Or hoping a career year at 32 wasn’t a career year. The very reason the term career year exists is because it’s an anomaly that is not repeated. Do you see Kreider scoring 50 again? No. Career year. Anomaly.

• Keeps it 100 1