• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024 Off-season Thread: Burn in Effigy

34 minutes ago, Pete said:

I read it. I "didn't buy it". Like if the Rangers had 20 million in cap would you want to take Pasta thinking he's gonna help Panarin? I already know the answer.

That depends on what the roster looks like. If it was Panarin and a bunch of 60 point and under grit players, yeah, I'd do it and see if it works. Why do you think that's a black and white question, and the peripherals don't matter. There's also the fact that not everyone views Panarin how I do, so you can sit here and say I wouldn't do this or that, but it doesn't matter. I don't have to. I just have to find someone like you who sees that glass half full instead of glass half empty.

It's quite clear that you don't enjoy anything about this team other than [bad] ways to blow it up.

Untrue. I find it ironic that the team had just gotten back into the playoffs after a long time of not making them, made the ECF in Gallant's first year, and you were here bitching relentlessly about him when you should have just been initially happy like everyone else. Now I am here after a larger sample size of a play-in and 3 playoff appearances, more data and proof to have a constructive opinion, saying there's a problem. You pretend that means I must not enjoy anything, and come up with this fake "I'm just happy to see a team that wins some games throughout the year" the second they get bounced so you don't have to recognize the problem I voiced last summer has been further validated. Cop out. I don't bite.

Edited by BrooksBurner
  • Applause 1

The Rangers still need to upgrade their defense and physicality.  Signing Schneider and Lindgren alone will bring the cap space down to $6 million.  Come to think of it, they may not have room for Reinhart, Stamkos, or Kane.

8 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

That depends on what the roster looks like. If it was Panarin and a bunch of 60 point and under grit players, yeah, I'd do it and see if it works. Why do you think that's a black and white question, and the peripherals don't matter. There's also the fact that not everyone views Panarin how I do, so you can sit here and say I wouldn't do this or that, but it doesn't matter. I don't have to. I just have to find someone like you who sees that glass half full instead of glass half empty.

Untrue. I find it ironic that the team had just gotten back into the playoffs after a long time of not making them, made the ECF in Gallant's first year, and you were here bitching relentlessly about him when you should have just been initially happy like everyone else. Now I am here after a larger sample size of a play-in and 3 playoff appearances, more data and proof to have a constructive opinion, saying there's a problem. You pretend that means I must not enjoy anything, and come up with this fake "I'm just happy to see a team that wins some games throughout the year" the second they get bounced so you don't have to recognize the problem I voiced last summer has been further validated. Cop out. I don't bite.

If you don't understand the massive difference between disliking the coach (what I did), and disliking almost every single player on the roster, calling them a loser franchise, shitting on the GM and almost every move he makes, shitting on the coaching hire, yet claiming to be a fan of the team... Then yeah, I really don't know what to tell you. 

Also, back off your bullshit revisionist history about me complaining about Galant for 2 years. I fully supported that hire, and when he got here after a couple of months I noticed that he really wasn't doing anything. It wasn't until the beginning of the following season (Gee, right when Drury started seeing it too) that I realized he had to go.

Last summer you said Panarin would be a 70 point player and that the Rangers would be a bubble team and lucky to make the playoffs... Glad you feel vindicated though because again this is all about feeding your ego. 

That being said, I think we all realize there's a problem. But some of us understood that you needed to fire the coach before anything else. Some of us also understand that you can't just blow up a team because you don't like certain players and because the team isn't perfect. Teams in the Rangers position don't blow it up "to get in front of it". That's loser thinking. They were just in the eastern conference final with no contributions from the third line and no top line right wing and a non-functional third pair. The contract situations dictate you take another crack at it next year and it's not because the GM isn't idiot or doesn't have balls.

Also I never said I'm just happy to see the team win some games. I said I view hockey as entertainment. I'm happy when they win, annoyed when they lose, but I'm over it the next day. And it's almost like you're jealous of the perspective because you keep bringing it up. 

You, on the other hand, carry it with you and it feeds your misery. You're miserable when they lose, you're miserable when they win, you're miserable when they don't make every single PlayStation move you think they should make. You then make sure everyone else is miserable as well and attempt to gaslight people into thinking this team isn't good and that they didn't have a good season, just because it didn't meet your standard, which is perfection. 

You bitch and moan so much about this team, if I bitched and moaned about anything else as much as you bitch and moan about everything related to the Rangers, I would just remove that thing from my life because it's clearly causing some angst. 

Edited by Pete

44 minutes ago, Pete said:

If you don't understand the massive difference between disliking the coach (what I did), and disliking almost every single player on the roster, calling them a loser franchise, shitting on the GM and almost every move he makes, shitting on the coaching hire, yet claiming to be a fan of the team... Then yeah, I really don't know what to tell you. 

Also, back off your bullshit revisionist history about me complaining about Galant for 2 years. I fully supported that hire, and when he got here after a couple of months I noticed that he really wasn't doing anything. It wasn't until the beginning of the following season (Gee, right when Drury started seeing it too) that I realized he had to go.

Last summer you said Panarin would be a 70 point player and that the Rangers would be a bubble team and lucky to make the playoffs... Glad you feel vindicated though because again this is all about feeding your ego. 

That being said, I think we all realize there's a problem. But some of us understood that you needed to fire the coach before anything else. Some of us also understand that you can't just blow up a team because you don't like certain players and because the team isn't perfect. Teams in the Rangers position don't blow it up "to get in front of it". That's loser thinking. They were just in the eastern conference final with no contributions from the third line and no top line right wing and a non-functional third pair. The contract situations dictate you take another crack at it next year and it's not because the GM isn't idiot or doesn't have balls.

Also I never said I'm just happy to see the team win some games. I said I view hockey as entertainment. I'm happy when they win, annoyed when they lose, but I'm over it the next day. And it's almost like you're jealous of the perspective because you keep bringing it up. 

You, on the other hand, carry it with you and it feeds your misery. You're miserable when they lose, you're miserable when they win, you're miserable when they don't make every single PlayStation move you think they should make. You then make sure everyone else is miserable as well and attempt to gaslight people into thinking this team isn't good and that they didn't have a good season, just because it didn't meet your standard, which is perfection. 

You bitch and moan so much about this team, if I bitched and moaned about anything else as much as you bitch and moan about everything related to the Rangers, I would just remove that thing from my life because it's clearly causing some angst. 

Right, so no bashing Kreider for years. No bashing Trouba and his contract for years. No bashing Lafreniere who you would have traded for a 3rd round pick last summer. Just the coach. Got it!

The whole post is just one big combination of hyperbole + strawman. This forum seems to cause you some angst right now, so maybe take your own advice.

• Bullseye 1

SO it's Monday morning....

I'm looking at:
"we're waiving Panarin"

"We're signing Stamkos, and Reinhart"

"The team Sucks" etc...

...<checks calander> ....ahhh, yes!  June 24th!!!

Only 2 1/2 more months of reading how we suck!  😃

• LMFAO 4
  • Keeps it 100 1

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

SO it's Monday morning....

I'm looking at:
"we're waiving Panarin"

"We're signing Stamkos, and Reinhart"

"The team Sucks" etc...

...<checks calander> ....ahhh, yes!  June 24th!!!

Only 2 1/2 more months of reading how we suck!  😃

And hockey is still being played, what a farce lol

• LMFAO 1

It's so weird that we're approaching July and the Final is still going on. lol I won't complain about having hockey on my TV at this point of the summer, but it's just bizarre. Then in just a few days is the draft and free agency begins. No room to breath after the Cup is lifted.

• Applause 1

1 hour ago, BrooksBurner said:

Right, so no bashing Kreider for years. No bashing Trouba and his contract for years. No bashing Lafreniere who you would have traded for a 3rd round pick last summer. Just the coach. Got it!

The whole post is just one big combination of hyperbole + strawman. This forum seems to cause you some angst right now, so maybe take your own advice.

LOL please stop. Discussing a player's shortcomings is very differently than actively lobbying to trade this player for three seasons in every single thread and all season long and predicating every argument on how the team can't move forward unless they trade the players I don't like because I'm smarter than the GM and everybody else.

You can't even compare resumes my guy. You're just a miserable "fan". 

There's no "angst" from the forum, but it just goes to show the size of your ego that you think you somehow have the power to upset me and that you are "the forum".

But at the end of the day this is hockey and it's supposed to be enjoyable, and you clearly don't enjoy this organization, so I've come to the conclusion it's just a massive troll.

34 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

It's so weird that we're approaching July and the Final is still going on. lol I won't complain about having hockey on my TV at this point of the summer, but it's just bizarre. Then in just a few days is the draft and free agency begins. No room to breath after the Cup is lifted.

Was just talking with my father who is a big fan but he’s got a lot going on so he doesn’t watch religiously like he used to and he was shocked to hear hockeys still going on. 

it really has gone on too long. I wanna see some off season moves 

7 minutes ago, siddious said:

Was just talking with my father who is a big fan but he’s got a lot going on so he doesn’t watch religiously like he used to and he was shocked to hear hockeys still going on. 

We've seen a bunch already, but it's funny how there was a flurry of moves on like the same day and then it all shut down. Super quiet this weekend before game 7, and the draft is on Friday. The league probably sent a memo out and closed up shop until tomorrow lol

12 minutes ago, siddious said:

I can't remember the last time I watched an NHL game with my air conditioner on.  Weird!  😉

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I can't remember the last time I watched an NHL game with my air conditioner on.  Weird!  😉

Yeah seems like the finals were around Memorial Day ?

• Bullseye 1

31 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Cup final is over....Drury its time to get down to business, starting with this Thursday.  Let's get some action going and re-vamp part of this team to get to the next step.

Thursday?! I want to see a trade before I go to bed.

• LMFAO 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

35 minutes ago, Blue Heaven said:

Cup final is over....Drury its time to get down to business, starting with this Thursday.  Let's get some action going and re-vamp part of this team to get to the next step.

Really hoping they can pull something off at the draft and move up.

The Cup was just handed out. The Draft is in 25 minutes. Free Agency begins in the next hour.

Then we get radio silence for about 3 months. 3 months I think we all need. A break from this and then right back at it for a Sunday afternoon preseason game in Boston in 91 days. But man, this is gonna be a hectic fucking week of all this chaos.

Edited by RichieNextel305

7 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

The Cup was just handed out. The Draft is in 25 minutes. Free Agency begins in the next hour.

Then we get radio silence for about 3 months. 3 months I think we all need. A break from this and then right back at it for a Sunday afternoon preseason game in Boston in 91 days. But man, this is gonna be a hectic fucking week of all this chaos.

Finally something different to read about other than Zibby sucks, Panarin getting waived Igor hitting the Powerball contract, and Trouba skating in quicksand.  😃

11 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Hah. A break? From this board? From this team?

We've got incredible off-season content for you all. Success/Bust/In-Between threads, FMK threads, threads about who will be our third pairing D next time we win the Stanley Cup, threads about trades, Ranger of the Decade threads, Rangers teams of the Decade threads, threads to help answer the deepest, darkest questions like whether or not more than three people were wearing Team Sweden Zibanejad jerseys in section 108 for our December game with Detroit, best years since 1940, and a very special piece featuring Mika and Kreider's maternity shoot, as illustrated by Jacob Trouba.

• LMFAO 2

5 minutes ago, LindG1000 said:

Hah. A break? From this board? From this team?

We've got incredible off-season content for you all. Success/Bust/In-Between threads, FMK threads, threads about who will be our third pairing D next time we win the Stanley Cup, threads about trades, Ranger of the Decade threads, Rangers teams of the Decade threads, threads to help answer the deepest, darkest questions like whether or not more than three people were wearing Team Sweden Zibanejad jerseys in section 108 for our December game with Detroit, best years since 1940, and a very special piece featuring Mika and Kreider's maternity shoot, as illustrated by Jacob Trouba.

There were 5.

31 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Wonder what type of psych ward that guys in nowadays. And I wonder if he’s allowed visitors. 

Im still convinced it was Phil, bored and trolling all of us. 

• LMFAO 1