• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024 Off-season Thread: Burn in Effigy

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I just have this picture in my head of poor @RichieNextel305 wearing his thumb to the bone pulling refreshes of Twitter. 

Somebody check on him. Richie checking hourly buddy. If you need a ride to the ER let @Ozzy know, I'm sure he's perfectly capable of driving at 3:00 p.m. on a Sunday during the summer. 

I’m working a few midnights this week so I’m trying to get my midday naps in. But tomorrow when I’m done napping when I get home, my thumb will be bleeding from excess Twitter usage lol.

• VINNY! 1
  • Eyeballs 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Did he really? I thought for sure he'd be gone if he wasn't attending this, and it seemed like he wasn't really getting anywhere. 

Although at this point he’s probably just a depth piece at best. 

Edited by siddious

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I wonder if Marchessault fits into our plans. I’m thinking not, as his cap hit will be too high too long.

Nah, too rich for their blood. The same for Stamkos, too, most likely. That's why I said Toffoli, as I think he can be had reasonably and could be easier to move if things don't work out.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, torontonyr said:

I get the odd feeling that we're signing Bertuzzi

Wouldn’t mind that especially since he’ll probably come cheap 

edit: never mind lol

Edited by siddious
  • Applause 1

Posted (edited)

At this point, have to think it’s likely.

I just do not see a lot of fits for us out there right now. Kane made the most sense on the UFA market. Stamkos is going to get term and/or money elsewhere. The rest are going to be overpaid or given more years because they’re the best of the rest, and the Rangers can’t afford to play that game.

I really don’t think we get our answer for 1RW tomorrow. This may have to come via trade at some point.

But, we shall see.

Drury is in a next to no-win spot. You can’t win without a viable 1RW for that line. You cannot, you CANNOT win a Cup with the revolving door on the RW on the line. But you can’t really afford to offer the potential offer what they likely fetch today.

Edited by RichieNextel305