• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024 Off-season Thread: Burn in Effigy

7 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

This is shaping up to be uneventful.

Running it back ain’t the recipe. But we may not have much of a choice.

We don’t, bc of next year. Likely will sign some one year skinner or similar deal is my guess. 

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’m not seeing us signing anyone today up front of any value. Running this team is not the way to do it. It doesn’t seem like anyone is interested in coming here.

Oh well. Rather sign no one than sign mediocrity for the sake of signing a player.

Get a bunch of one-year stop gaps. Reassess at the deadline.

I'd shift focus at this point to defense. Once Trouba is dumped, sign his replacement. Matt Roy.

• Keeps it 100 2

4 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I’m not seeing us signing anyone today up front of any value. Running this team is not the way to do it. It doesn’t seem like anyone is interested in coming here.

"Make the locker room uncomfortable."

Press Conference Kermit GIF

I think Skinner could be a real possibility and would fit at RW1.   Skinner is one of the best skaters in the league, and can easily be the guy transporting the puck through the neutral zone.  Roslovic had that skill as well, effortlessly entering the zone, difference is Skinner can finish, Roslovic ended up just turning it over or taking a low % shot.

• Believe 1

18 minutes ago, Pete said:

"Make the locker room uncomfortable."

Press Conference Kermit GIF

Yeah no this has way more to do with cap flexibility and players not willing to take discounts.

Tampa just pushed Stamkos out the door and Guentzel took his money.

This isn’t a Trouba/Goodrow thing.

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Yeah no this has way more to do with cap flexibility and players not willing to take discounts.

Tampa just pushed Stamkos out the door and Guentzel took his money.

This isn’t a Trouba/Goodrow thing.

Who can say for sure? I believe when folks don't believe you're negotiating in good faith, they tend not to negotiate with you.

Just now, Pete said:

Who can say for sure? I believe when folks don't believe you're negotiating in good faith, they tend not to negotiate with you.

The players of interest it doesn’t seem like we had the opportunity to negotiate with because we can’t offer the term they’re looking for.

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, BreakawayMachine said:

Presidents Trophy > Final Four to the most depressing draft and free agency I have ever witnessed. Unless Kakko turns into Jagr magically we are toast.

Maybe he can shave his head and turn it around......or better yet .....grow the mullet.