• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024 Off-season Thread: Burn in Effigy

30 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

The players of interest it doesn’t seem like we had the opportunity to negotiate with because we can’t offer the term they’re looking for.

There's no one I'd have wanted at the cost/term except Kane. That's a steal of a deal.

Just now, Pete said:

There's no one I'd have wanted at the cost/term except Kane. That's a steal of a deal.

Is it really impossible that they signed him to trade him here for Trouba +?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yeah, that’s why I was pretty adamant on Kane.

I really don’t know what the pivot is here. Drury had a deadline that left a lot to be desired and this isn’t looking like free agency is going to be a help.

You can’t go back to the well and try and fix this from within. It wasn’t the answer last summer. It wasn’t the answer at the deadline. It won’t be the answer now. 

He needs to make something happen here. This isn’t good enough right now for a win-now team that clearly needs some help.

Edited by RichieNextel305

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Yeah, that’s why I was pretty adamant on Kane.

I really don’t know what the pivot is here. Drury had a deadline that left a lot to be desired and this isn’t looking like free agency is going to be a help.

You can’t go back to the well and try and fix this from within. It wasn’t the answer last summer. It wasn’t the answer at the deadline. It won’t be the answer now. 

He needs to make something happen here. This isn’t good enough right now for a win-now team that clearly needs some help.

At this point I don't know what anyone is expecting though, even at last deadline. You can't trade picks you don't have and you can't trade every pick you have. You can't sign players who don't want to come here, or are getting crazy term. He has too many players to sign next season.

You can't get blood from a stone.

Edited by Pete
  • Keeps it 100 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Arvidsson got 2 years and $4 Million per from Edmonton. You mean to tell me Drury couldn’t pony that up?

He couldn't pony up the chance to play with McDavid and/or Draisaitl.

Also Arvidsson and Trouba share the same agent....Just sayin'.

Edited by Pete

There's something brewing....I'm not too sold on this Free agency class.

I wanted Kane, but that's ok.  I'd rather not make any moves just for the sake of, but I'm sure Drury has a plan.  I'm not worried.

2 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

There's something brewing....I'm not too sold on this Free agency class.

I wanted Kane, but that's ok.  I'd rather not make any moves just for the sake of, but I'm sure Drury has a plan.  I'm not worried.

Today has been a day of wild overpayment.

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, Pete said:

Today has been a day of wild overpayment.

Skjei's deal is ridiculous!  I don't blame Drury for not getting in this shitpile of future buyout candidates!  LOL

Keep holding your cards and wait for the time to strike!  I'm cool with the way we're keeping it close to the vest so far.

• Keeps it 100 1

I’m just concerned that we have a hole in the Top-6 and potentially on the blue line if/when Trouba goes. And there is almost nothing desirable left to fill either void. I’m not advocating going punch drunk like some of these GM’s. But he can’t just sit idly and do absolutely nothing while name after name is off the board and we have work to do.