• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024 Off-season Thread: Burn in Effigy

11 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

I understand why someone might have doubts or reservations about him.

That said… he’s done all of this without any of his own guys.

Let’s see how it plays out 

I don't know how true that is, he was AGM, but even if so...What's that matter? Team went to ECF in his first year. He inherited a good roster.

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

I don't know how true that is, he was AGM, but even if so...What's that matter? Team went to ECF in his first year. He inherited a good roster.

I agree.

The funny thing with GM’s though, they want what they picked, not what someone else did, no matter how good it is 

Thats the only point I’m really making

Honestly if the best we can do is Reilly Smith, I'm open to the idea of selling off assets now and planning for the future. You probably can't do that until you lock down Laf/Shesty though

• Bullseye 1

Just now, siddious said:

I think this is basically the strategy of Drury 

Yeah I guess I'm team "one good window" and don't believe this window is open enough to matter as constructed today (+Reilly Smith)

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, torontonyr said:

Yeah I guess I'm team "one good window" and don't believe this window is open enough to matter as constructed today (+Reilly Smith)

I think Drury understands the NMC's/NTC plus the incredible amount of money poured into kreider panarin and zib pretty much handicaps him from going too crazy. Imagine going to the conference finals and totally restructuring the team. He would be crucified.

Hes doing the best he can with the team he has while not sacrificing what can be in 5 years. I have no problem with that.

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

1 minute ago, siddious said:

I think Drury understands the NMC's/NTC plus the incredible amount of money poured into kreider panarin and zib pretty much handicaps him from going too crazy. Imagine going to the conference finals and totally restructuring the team. He would be crucified.

Hes doing the best he can with the team he has while not sacrificing what can be in 5 years. I have no problem with that.

Okay that's logical and all but I'm bored 

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 2