• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024 Off-season Thread: Burn in Effigy

5 minutes ago, Steve said:

Well, I don't agree with any of the criticsim of Trouba on here.  He's solid and he changes the game when he is healthy and on the ice. Just listen to what other teams say about him - always be aware where he is, keep your head up, don't get caught looking around.  The problem Trouba had this year was a broken ankle and a poor if not downright aweful decision to play him 25-28 minutes a game on it during the playoffs when the team had competent players on the bench who could have spotted him games.  Same with Adam Fox.  The playoffs are not pre-season or practice games and that is how the Rangers management handled them.  Trouba and Fox should have both been spotted games and there is no way on this earth that anyone can convince me that playing Chytil and Wheeler during the playoffs was the right or best decision.  The Rangers lost to Florida because they had the wrong mix of players on the ice and even then they played Florida close in the score box and that is where it all counts regardless of how the "new" statistics made for gambling are spun.  Only goals at the end of the game count.  Three games against Florida went to OT and the Rangers won 2 of them.  Five of the six games were decided by one goal.  Those scores take into account a hobbled Fox, Trouba and the inclusion of a concussion prone player who hadn't played a single regular season game since Nov. 2023, and a player who was injured so severely that everyone thought his career was over.  The Rangers were a solid team this season, best in the league.  I hate that they lost to Florida BUT it wasn't just the players on the ice that cost them the series.

Not gonna lie I'm not reading all that.

• LOL 1
  • LMFAO 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

okay, since I'm ranting, the only thing the Rangers need is a true bona-fide sniper, goal scorer.  They have goal scorers - Kreider, Zibanejad and Panarin - but they don't have that one guy that can shoot from anywhere on the ice and score at will.  After they found Rempe they got their muscle piece that was missing - even though I think he was poorly used during the playoffs.  Now they need that sharp shooter.  If there aren't any available then there is no point in trading or moving players for cap space.  To me they need to look from within their system.  Personally, I'd have trade Lafrenière - even though he improved as the year moved on the guy still could not convert on way too many opportunities.  He should have had 40 or 50 goals this year not 28.

28 minutes ago, Steve said:

Well, I don't agree with any of the criticsim of Trouba on here.  He's solid and he changes the game when he is healthy and on the ice. Just listen to what other teams say about him - always be aware where he is, keep your head up, don't get caught looking around.  The problem Trouba had this year was a broken ankle and a poor if not downright aweful decision to play him 25-28 minutes a game on it during the playoffs when the team had competent players on the bench who could have spotted him games.  Same with Adam Fox.  The playoffs are not pre-season or practice games and that is how the Rangers management handled them.  Trouba and Fox should have both been spotted games and there is no way on this earth that anyone can convince me that playing Chytil and Wheeler during the playoffs was the right or best decision.  The Rangers lost to Florida because they had the wrong mix of players on the ice and even then they played Florida close in the score box and that is where it all counts regardless of how the "new" statistics made for gambling are spun.  Only goals at the end of the game count.  Three games against Florida went to OT and the Rangers won 2 of them.  Five of the six games were decided by one goal.  Those scores take into account a hobbled Fox, Trouba and the inclusion of a concussion prone player who hadn't played a single regular season game since Nov. 2023, and a player who was injured so severely that everyone thought his career was over.  The Rangers were a solid team this season, best in the league.  I hate that they lost to Florida BUT it wasn't just the players on the ice that cost them the series.

The criticism of Trouba is relative to his contract.  It's a roadblock to improving the team.  Regardless of why we lost to Florida.  That money is stopping us from getting better.

• Keeps it 100 2

2 hours ago, Steve said:

there's definitely truth to it.  We blame Trouba for being awful in the playoffs but it was Lavi's decision to play him.  Why wouldnt he sit him out when the whole world saw that Trouba sucked ass and deserved to be benched?  

28 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

there's definitely truth to it.  We blame Trouba for being awful in the playoffs but it was Lavi's decision to play him.  Why wouldnt he sit him out when the whole world saw that Trouba sucked ass and deserved to be benched?  

Imagine if Gallant did that

5 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

i'm in the same camp as @BrooksBurner where I blame the players, not coaches.  

why arent you blaming Lavi for playing Trouba in the playoffs when he was singlehandedly fucking up games?

Because IMO no coach in the NHL is going to sit his captain if his captain says he can go. That's not happening anywhere, anyhow, anytime.

The medical staff cleared him to play, so he played. Why don't we blame the medical staff? 

I also don't subscribe to it being either or. The players have their issues, but that doesn't mean the coach wasn't an issue and didn't have to go.

The coach had to go so they could see what the players would do under somebody else, because a lot of the players are immovable, as we're seeing this summer. 

I'll hold my breath on that Panarin trade with no retention. I'm sure it's coming any day now. I'm sure the team will be much better for it. 

Leonardo Dicaprio Ok GIF

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Because IMO no coach in the NHL is going to sit his captain if his captain says he can go. That's not happening anywhere, anyhow, anytime.

The medical staff cleared him to play, so he played. Why don't we blame the medical staff? 

I also don't subscribe to it being either or. The players have their issues, but that doesn't mean the coach wasn't an issue and didn't have to go.

The coach had to go so they could see what the players would do under somebody else, because a lot of the players are immovable, as we're seeing this summer. 

I'll hold my breath on that Panarin trade with no retention. I'm sure it's coming any day now. I'm sure the team will be much better for it. 

Leonardo Dicaprio Ok GIF

then he's not coaching, is he?

Medical staff has nothing to do with this, they're not the ones putting Trouba on the ice over 20 mins per night

i see you softened your stance on GG.  @BrooksBurner and myself are getting through...lol

none of us said that we didnt want GG to go.  We were all in agreement that it was time to move on from him.  But we also acknowledged that it wasnt all GG.  GG wasnt  going to make Panarin not run away from contact or make Zib and Kreider win a puck battle.  

we're getting through.  I totally expect you to beg Drury to trade Panarin in 6 months or less...lol

18 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

then he's not coaching, is he?

Medical staff has nothing to do with this, they're not the ones putting Trouba on the ice over 20 mins per night

i see you softened your stance on GG.  @BrooksBurner and myself are getting through...lol

none of us said that we didnt want GG to go.  We were all in agreement that it was time to move on from him.  But we also acknowledged that it wasnt all GG.  GG wasnt  going to make Panarin not run away from contact or make Zib and Kreider win a puck battle.  

we're getting through.  I totally expect you to beg Drury to trade Panarin in 6 months or less...lol

There's nothing in this post that's factual. 

But I understand at this point that you guys all live in your own world that's very distant from reality.

3 hours ago, Bieser said:

The criticism of Trouba is relative to his contract.  It's a roadblock to improving the team.  Regardless of why we lost to Florida.  That money is stopping us from getting better.

This. at $4mil im not even sure were discussing Trouba other than "He sucks but whatever"

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

I Win Beavis And Butthead GIF by Paramount+

And I'm sure you really believe that in your mind. Which I'm also sure is a very scary place filled with conspiracy theories and misinformation. 

But I totally think you should celebrate. 

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Edited by Pete

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Even if he was getting four or five million, I'd still want him off the team. I just don't think he's been all that good for awhile. It's not just salary, it's performance too.

To be honest, I agree. He literally positionally sucks. He takes himself out of position so frequently and doesn’t have the speed to get back in time. He takes himself out of position to lunge for big hits. His offensive game, which once was somewhat of a weapon, is now nonexistent. As the season wears on, his play tends to suck more and more. Whenever he has the puck on his stick in the defensive zone, you almost have to cover your eyes and pray. Money aside, the guy has become a total liability to this franchise. Brutal.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Bullseye 2
  • Keeps it 100 1

The sad thing is that even with all of the drama and bullshit, outside of Florida, I still like this roster more than any other roster in the East. Even after yesterday.

New Jersey added guys. But they’ve had major injury issues, Markstrom is better than what they’ve had but he’s not Dominik Hasek like they think he is. Carolina lost Guentzel, Pesce, Skjei, Teravainen. Are Walker and Gostisbehere better than the defensemen leaving? Doubtful. Different element, but doubtful. The Islanders are still a slow, boring, grimy team. They’ll lurk around and make a push but I wouldn’t say they’re on eye level with the upper echelon in the East. Boston got Lindholm, but are still weak down the middle. They butchered the Ullmark trade. Toronto always looks good on paper. Their issues in net remain the same. Tampa lost goals and then added goals, all the while while aging. 

Washington is lousy. Pittsburgh is the late-90s Rangers. They’ll have their stretches where they look like themselves and then stretches where nothing goes right.

I still think we’re at the top with Florida. We’re in our window. Lafreniere is emerging. Igor is in a walk year. They’re gonna be there. And they may not have Carolina even nipping at their heels.

Thats what makes yesterday and the off-season tough to swallow. Few smart moves here and there and we could have really set ourselves up nicely here. Carolina I think takes a step back. Jersey will be better, but how much? It’s still us and Florida at the top. Wish we had more chips to make a play to round out this roster to make a run.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RichieNextel305 said:

The sad thing is that even with all of the drama and bullshit, outside of Florida, I still like this roster more than any other roster in the East. Even after yesterday.

New Jersey added guys. But they’ve had major injury issues, Markstrom is better than what they’ve had but he’s not Dominik Hasek like they think he is. Carolina lost Guentzel, Pesce, Skjei, Teravainen. Are Walker and Gostisbehere better than the defensemen leaving? Doubtful. Different element, but doubtful. The Islanders are still a slow, boring, grimy team. They’ll lurk around and make a push but I wouldn’t say they’re on eye level with the upper echelon in the East. Boston got Lindholm, but are still weak down the middle. They butchered the Ullmark trade. Toronto always looks good on paper. Their issues in net remain the same. Tampa lost goals and then added goals, all the while while aging. 

Washington is lousy. Pittsburgh is the late-90s Rangers. They’ll have their stretches where they look like themselves and then stretches where nothing goes right.

I still think we’re at the top with Florida. We’re in our window. Lafreniere is emerging. Igor is in a walk year. They’re gonna be there. And they may not have Carolina even nipping at their heels.

Thats what makes yesterday and the off-season tough to swallow. Few smart moves here and there and we could have really set ourselves up nicely here. Carolina I think takes a step back. Jersey will be better, but how much? It’s still us and Florida at the top. Wish we had more chips to make a play to round out this roster to make a run.

You’ve moved into the bargaining stage of grief