• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024 Off-season Thread: Burn in Effigy

Daniel Sprong is still out there.  A third liner that has proved he can score 20 goals a year with limited minutes.

I wouldn't mind the Rangers signing Alex Nylander for $800K or so.  He is only 26 and when he got traded to Columbus last season he started to find his scoring touch and finished with 15 points, 11 of them goals, in 23 games.  Even if he doesn't make the team he is a good AHLer and would provide a little more competition amongst the younger forwards on the team.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, siddious said:

I’d rather leave the roster spot open and play every game 1 man short.

That's exactly what it nets out to be anyway. 

• LOL 1

39 minutes ago, Pete said:

If Smith makes 1RW and Berard steals a 3rd line spot from Kakko by outplaying him, I think those are 2 solid upgrades over last season. Kakko/Rempe platoon 4RW.

I talked about Berard a few weeks ago. Othmann has the higher ceiling but Berard may be closer to ready. He doesn’t have size but he’s quick. Pain in the ass and can score. Very intrigued by him. Should be interesting for him in camp when it all begins.

• Eyeballs 1

6 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I talked about Berard a few weeks ago. Othmann has the higher ceiling but Berard may be closer to ready. He doesn’t have size but he’s quick. Pain in the ass and can score. Very intrigued by him. Should be interesting for him in camp when it all begins.

Berard can probably distinguish himself enough in camp to make the team, whether he does is another story. 

Othmann needs at least half a season in the AHL before I would think about integrating him at the NHL level. There are still just too many inconsistencies in his game and camp is too small as sample size. 

1 minute ago, Abe Froman said:

They won't even make the playoffs next season. I mean why bother. Just forfeit all the games now.

No, they’ll be out in the first round and some optimists will still blame GG

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, Mistercosmic said:

Quinn was obviously the last good Rangers coach and we'll lose all 82 games next season. 

San Jose is going undefeated.

Barclay Goodrow wins the Hart…

then saves Brooke Shields from drowning, and blows the reward money hiring Van Halen to play his birthday party. 

• LMFAO 2

16 hours ago, Abe Froman said:

They won't even make the playoffs next season. I mean why bother? Just forfeit all the games now.

It's great that you realized how comical your takes are. 

2 hours ago, Pete said:

The sad part is you're all serious about takes the rest of us find comical. 

Rest of you? Don’t bunch yourself in with people who have a sense of humor and dont take themselves so seriously on a NY Rangers hockey forum. 

• Applause 1

20 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

Rest of you? Don’t bunch yourself in with people who have a sense of humor and dont take themselves so seriously on a NY Rangers hockey forum. 

That was mean. Now say something nice. I love you. 

2 hours ago, Mistercosmic said:

Canes signed Roslovic, because they actually want Kakko and know that we'll offer him for Roslovic at the next deadline. 

Gonna miss Ros. Not 

Posted (edited)

I get people being disappointed at the offseason so far, but I don't think it's been that bad. On here, you get the impression the Rangers missed the playoffs or something. lol The contracts being handed out have been insane. With Drury needing to sign Schneider and Lindgren this year and Shesterkin, Miller and Laf next year, it is understandable, especially going multiple years. I think the only guy who might have been worth it was Arvidsson. I still think Smith is one of the better wingers that line has had, and I expect him to do pretty well even though he's perhaps not what he once was.

One thing we can't discount is the younger guys we do have improving. Ones like Berard perhaps winning a spot in the lineup, and hopefully a productive and health year from Chytil. Some of the Rangers success is dependent on this occurring, young (cheap) talent continuing to make their way into the lineup to help save some money when they're really going to need it.

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Like 1