• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024 Off-season Thread: Burn in Effigy

1 hour ago, Albatrosss said:

is it just me or is this summer flying by super fast?  Feels like the playoffs just ended and we're already almost in mid-august.  Preseason is right around the corner.

We get to see how much Trouba sucks again soon

Hey… Jacob Trouba is one of the most promising young artists in the entire wor….

Oh.

You mean hockey. 

On 8/8/2024 at 1:04 PM, Albatrosss said:

i honestly dont want the summer to end.  I'm enjoying it.  Only vice is that I smoke too many cigars.  Once it'll get cold I probably wont smoke at all.  

Albatross never say smoking cigars is a vice!  And never say you smoke too many cigars! Thats one of life’s pleasures. Enjoy them!  Ashton, Arturo Fuente, and Montecristo are my favorite cigars. Yeah smoking out in the cold is a bitch. 
Ranger Ed 

• Applause 1

Are we there yet?

I have to admit that watching Laf videos is way more fun this off-season but I think watching the toe-drag where he kicked Bob in the mask on the way through is probably dementing if over-indulged.

46 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I miss hockey, so by default, yes, I miss Trouba. 🫤

I don't know that what Trouba does on the ice can be classified as "hockey", so we can miss hockey and not miss Trouba.

Watched a little of a replay of Game 3 of Rangers-Panthers. And it really can’t be understated just how stupid and flat out bad Jacob Trouba could be. Laviolette is really going to need to learn to limit his minutes big time. He’s just not quick enough and when he gets beat, which is often, he just lunges at guys. Really have to hope Schneider continues to progress, because Trouba needs his minutes monitored. Just a fucking idiot on ice. Captaincy or not, the message needs to be clear: if you’re gonna play like an idiot and put us on the PK more often than we’d like, you need to take a seat. 

It is extremely unfortunate that he’s still here. It really sucks going into a season trying to win a Cup while wearing an $8M anchor around our necks. 3 penalties, on for 2 of 4 goals. Out of position so frequently. Literally just a comedy of errors. I almost forgot just how bad he was in the playoffs. It was so ugly.

Edited by RichieNextel305

4 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Watched a little of a replay of Game 3 of Rangers-Panthers. And it really can’t be understated just how stupid and flat out bad Jacob Trouba could be. Laviolette is really going to need to learn to limit his minutes big time. He’s just not quick enough and when he gets beat, which is often, he just lunges at guys. Really have to hope Schneider continues to progress, because Trouba needs his minutes monitored. Just a fucking idiot on ice. Captaincy or not, the message needs to be clear: if you’re gonna play like an idiot and put us on the PK more often than we’d like, you need to take a seat. 

It is extremely unfortunate that he’s still here. It really sucks going into a season trying to win a Cup while wearing an $8M anchor around our necks. 3 penalties, on for 2 of 4 goals. Out of position so frequently. Literally just a comedy of errors. I almost forgot just how bad he was in the playoffs. It was so ugly.

I don't understand why he was trying to sell that the ankle didn't impact his skating when it was so clear that it did. He couldn't even pivot. 

We're at the point now where it is what it is and you would think that somebody with his level of pride would show up motivated. That's the best possible scenario right now. 

Unfortunately it seems like hockey is a distant third on his priority list behind his family and his art career. 

I'm really hoping that he has some kind of resurgence this season.  Kinda like when an athelete has a bad year, he re-dedicates himself to making a solid comeback to regain his credibility.

I just don't know if Trouba has it in him, and like Pete said, it may be further down his interest scale with his other endeavors.

Either way, he was fucking terrible in the playoffs, and I don't think it was a secret that he was playing with limited mobility.  Like I said though....I'm HOPING he has a little pride and plays better.  For 8$ million bucks he should be up in the stands buying us beer and hot dogs, with his play last season!

21 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I'm really hoping that he has some kind of resurgence this season.  Kinda like when an athelete has a bad year, he re-dedicates himself to making a solid comeback to regain his credibility.

I just don't know if Trouba has it in him, and like Pete said, it may be further down his interest scale with his other endeavors.

Either way, he was fucking terrible in the playoffs, and I don't think it was a secret that he was playing with limited mobility.  Like I said though....I'm HOPING he has a little pride and plays better.  For 8$ million bucks he should be up in the stands buying us beer and hot dogs, with his play last season!

Can I get a pretzel instead of a hot dog?  Those hot dogs make me sick.

• Cheers 1

It was real discouraging to see. I think what happens in the off-season is that sometimes our brains are wiped clean and optimism creeps in.

It can’t with Trouba.

Watching Game 3, I can’t believe how bad he was. Yet he kept getting run out. Mistake after mistake. Scary.

Cannot happen.

It's funny to watch people still defend Gallant. 

Even Babcock was able to get an NHL head coaching job... And Gallant still out there calling cabs. 

Edited by Pete

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Even Babcock was able to get an NHL head coaching job... And Gallant still out there calling cabs. 

I used to do background investigations for job applicants. I learned quickly to follow patterns and don't try to rationalize why it will be different this time no matter what they said in an interview or how they tried to explain things away. I think Gallants time behind the bench is done; the track record of instant firing decisions by GM's as opposed to calculated, we are going in a different direction speaks for itself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Its funny you have to bring up GG every time someone criticizes Lavi.