• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024 Off-season Thread: Burn in Effigy

15 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

im really interested to see how Zibby plays this season.  I have a feeling his performance offensively is going to slide drastically. 

He's 31 and his performance slid in several categories last season.  It's not an unreasonable take.

The Rangers need somebody else to drive his line.  That's his best shot at maintaining his numbers.

16 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

im really interested to see how Zibby plays this season.  I have a feeling his performance offensively is going to slide drastically. 

Your production doesn't increase, and you don't get better as you get older. Maybe he puts up better numbers this season, but his peak years are gone. It's only downhill from here. What we saw this past season could be best case scenario, his average production, from here on out. Not that it's bad, of course.

10 minutes ago, Br4d said:

He's 31 and his performance slid in several categories last season.  It's not an unreasonable take.

The Rangers need somebody else to drive his line.  That's his best shot at maintaining his numbers.

The Rangers need someone else contributing anything at all on his line. RW is a black hole and CK is CK. 

Edited by Pete

3 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Your production doesn't increase, and you don't get better as you get older. Maybe he puts up better numbers this season, but his peak years are gone. It's only downhill from here. What we saw this past season could be best case scenario, his average production, from here on out. Not that it's bad, of course.

i didnt say his production was going to trend down, i said his production will decrease drastically.  like scoring less than 20 goals and around 50 points

1 hour ago, Albatrosss said:

i didnt say his production was going to trend down, i said his production will decrease drastically.  like scoring less than 20 goals and around 50 points

This depends almost entirely on whether he gets PP1 time.

• Keeps it 100 1

12 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

Remains to be seen. I don't think his production will drop that drastically that  quickly. Those numbers will probably be his average eventually, just not yet.

19 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

I don’t think you see that this season.

But around 25 goals and 60-65 points is very possible.

8 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Remains to be seen. I don't think his production will drop that drastically that  quickly. Those numbers will probably be his average eventually, just not yet.

It will be interesting to see for me. I just didn’t like what i saw last year from him

The better part of his long term contract is going to be spent as a good defensive center, who should be on the second or third line and making half as much.  His stats will be fattened on the PP, making his overall numbers look like those of a better even strength player than he will be.  Look, if his career year was two years ago, that would be one thing, but it was five years ago.

Really not looking forward to seeing him matched against Barkov again.  Not that there are many who would do much better.

23 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

The better part of his long term contract is going to be spent as a good defensive center, who should be on the second or third line and making half as much.  His stats will be fattened on the PP, making his overall numbers look like those of a better even strength player than he will be.  Look, if his career year was two years ago, that would be one thing, but it was five years ago.

Really not looking forward to seeing him matched against Barkov again.  Not that there are many who would do much better.

His career year was 22/23, 2 seasons ago. He had a "down" year last year and was still almost point per game. 

Didn't Ziby have his first kid during last season? If so, that's a drastic change in his life. I wonder if things normalize a bit more this year

He will be fine. Let's say 37 goals, 40 assists. Not elite, but is rather him wake up more in May and June. 

On 9/4/2024 at 8:35 AM, Sharpshooter said:

He's 31. Ya'll talk as if he's 41. 

• Bullseye 1

9 hours ago, Keirik said:

Didn't Ziby have his first kid during last season? If so, that's a drastic change in his life. I wonder if things normalize a bit more this year

He will be fine. Let's say 37 goals, 40 assists. Not elite, but is rather him wake up more in May and June. 

37 goals? That’s ambitious 

Zibby with the comeback year....calling it now.  I kinda see him doing what Panarin did last season with that chip on his shoulder.  If we see Zibby with a crew-cut, we'll know somethings in the offing!  😉

• Like 1
  • LMFAO 1
  • Believe 2

Panarin-Zibanejad-Smith

Kreider-Trocheck-Lafreniere

Cuylle-Chytil-Kakko

Edstrom-Brodzinski-Rempe

Let Othmann break into that lineup where he can.  Odds are pretty good he takes a bottom 6 slot, pushing Cuylle or Kakko to line 4 or replacing Brodzinski with one of Edstrom or Rempe moving to C.

38 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Zibby with the comeback year....calling it now.  I kinda see him doing what Panarin did last season with that chip on his shoulder.  If we see Zibby with a crew-cut, we'll know somethings in the offing!  😉

You’re such an optimist, Ozzy. You probably even hope the Rangers win the cup next season. 

Edited by Albatrosss
  • Eyeballs 1