• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2024 Off-season Thread: Burn in Effigy

22 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

Its not that easy yo change Panarin

Before last year Panarin and Zibanejad would not have made a lot of sense because they were both line drivers who maybe shot a bit less than you'd like.

Panarin broke out of that mold last season.  Now he would be a straight-up add to Zibanejad and would give Zib more opportunities to score at 5v5.

Panarin-Zibanejad-Lafreniere would be the best #1 line the Rangers could put together but that leaves a notable power gap between that line and every other line until the kids come up.

Edited by Br4d

5 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Before last year Panarin and Zibanejad would not have made a lot of sense because they were both line drivers who maybe shot a bit less than you'd like.

Panarin broke out of that mold last season.  Now he would be a straight-up add to Zibanejad and would give Zib more opportunities to score at 5v5.

Panarin-Zibanejad-Lafreniere would be the best #1 line the Rangers could put together but that leaves a notable power gap between that line and every other line until the kids come up.

Panarin had an MVP-caliber season being a shoot-first player.

Zibanejad was asked what he needed to be more successful and he said someone who can help get him the puck.

I don't see how those 2 things mesh at all.

21 minutes ago, Pete said:

Panarin had an MVP-caliber season being a shoot-first player.

Zibanejad was asked what he needed to be more successful and he said someone who can help get him the puck.

I don't see how those 2 things mesh at all.

Panarin is likely to give Zibanejad good looks at the goal more often than any other player currently playing for the Rangers.  Panarin also carries the puck.  Panarin also shoots the puck when given a strong opportunity.

He might be the ideal LW for Zibanejad at this point.

3 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Panarin is likely to give Zibanejad good looks at the goal more often than any other player currently playing for the Rangers.  Panarin also carries the puck.  Panarin also shoots the puck when given a strong opportunity.

He might be the ideal LW for Zibanejad at this point.

In theory, but it's borrowing from Peter to pay Paul.

19 minutes ago, Pete said:

In theory, but it's borrowing from Peter to pay Paul.

That's the hang-up.  Putting all 3 of the Rangers line-drivers on the same line makes for shortfalls elsewhere.

I don't see the Panarin - Tro - Laf line being split up or Kreider & Zib.

Have a feeling Edstrom & Rempe start down in Hartford.

Kreider - Zib - Smith

Panarin - Tro - Laf

Othmann - Chytil - Kakko

Cuylle - Carrick - Vesey

Brodzinski 13th forward

Lindgren - Fox

Miller - Schneider

Jones - Trouba

Ruhwedel 7th D.

Shesterkin

Quick

Edited by RJWantsTheCup

22 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I don't see the Panarin - Tro - Laf line being split up or Kreider & Zib.

Have a feeling Edstrom & Rempe start down in Hartford.

Kreider - Zib - Smith

Panarin - Tro - Laf

Othmann - Chytil - Kakko

Cuylle - Carrick - Vesey

Brodzinski 13th forward

Lindgren - Fox

Miller - Schneider

Jones - Trouba

Ruhwedel 7th D.

Shesterkin

Quick

Edstrom, yes. Rempe, no. He's 100% making the opening night roster, even if he's a scratch.

Othmann is the guy I think is closer to starting in Hartford.

14 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

37 goals? That’s ambitious 

I'm not so sold on his goal scoring being a thing of the past. He had 26 last year in a down year. 11 more in a non down year isn't impossible. He's 31, not 36. 

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

Edstrom, yes. Rempe, no. He's 100% making the opening night roster, even if he's a scratch.

Othmann is the guy I think is closer to starting in Hartford.

Based on the way the season ended Othmann should stay in Hartford and Rempe should make the Rangers.  Just have a feeling training camp may change that plus if they really want Rempe to improve his game he's better off doing it in Hartford instead of being the 13th forward.

2 hours ago, Br4d said:

That's the hang-up.  Putting all 3 of the Rangers line-drivers on the same line makes for shortfalls elsewhere.

The real hang up is that Zibanejad was not a line driver last year and his contract has become overweight quickly.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

Or 11 less. Im just saying 

Anything is possible. His shooting percentage was 11.8, tied for the lowest he's had as his in hia first year as a Ranger when he was 23. I have more confidence that his goal total will reflect a bit higher as.his shooting % normalizes a bit more. 

He's got to be more creative and not sit on the dot or at an even worse angle down low with his stick blade a couple feet above his head.  It's become incredibly predictable and to me it makes sense that his shooting % is down, he's become more of a one trick pony.

However, I think if he's forced to move around (that's on Lavy imo) he can still bump up his goal total from last years by being more creative.  I'm hoping last year was just a bump in the road. Still a very valuable guy but this team as built and with the term left on his contract he needs to do more for this team to get closer to getting over the hump.

6 hours ago, jsm7302 said:

Ranking NHL teams by tiers: The top 16
https://thescore.com/nhl/news/3064138

Another kick at the can.....almost here fellas!!

Adam Fox, on the shortlist for best defenseman not named Makar, can control games. 

Haven’t seen that lately.

i think we are in tier 3 rather than one both financially and as a team.

1. Need to upgrade from Trouba

2. Panarin and Zib need to live up when it counts

• Phil unpinned this topic
On 9/14/2024 at 5:12 PM, Bugg said:

NHLN has game 6 on right now, if you need to get your bile and blood pressure elevated. 

I saw it was listed last night, Bugg.

That shit's like ancient history for me now!!!  LOL

The Rangers/Islanders game at MetLife made the top five as far as best games of the season goes, so I watched some of that again. They also started posting top playoff games on their YouTube channel as well, and they had the Kreider game yesterday. I also watched their season highlights video package. I'm ready. lol

Edited by Sharpshooter