• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Kakko 'Feels Like a Real Candidate to Go'

15 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Right. There's more to it than just who your coworkers are, but you go from no shot to "well, i dunno, maybe". Maybe there's no shot either way 🤷‍♂️

In any event, it's a somewhat boring convo because there's so little chance he's moved any time soon.

I'd rather talk about getting Panarin to waive, wouldn't you? 😉

Players don't sign 8-year deals with full NMCs unless they really like where they are. 😄

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Valriera said:

The funny thing about kakko is he has to do half the work lafreniere did to figure it out and it’s all mental, he’s got every physical tool he needs

Yeah I haven’t been worried about Kakko’s training or physical status since his rookie year. It’s interesting people think that’s what it is all of a sudden. Sounds like a reach to me to try to explain it.

I think the issue is between the ears. That’s it. Not saying he can’t get a little faster or a little stronger, but he’s well conditioned enough to not suck offensively if that was the only thing between him and success.

He’s a good project to keep for a team that has a little time to see if he can figure it out. He’s a terrible fit for team that wants to contend for a Cup immediately. You need more than he gives in the top 9 to win a Cup.

Edited by BrooksBurner

9 minutes ago, Valriera said:

The funny thing about kakko is he has to do half the work lafreniere did to figure it out and it’s all mental, he’s got every physical tool he needs

Needs to work on skating (first step and separation) but yea he's got size, hands, vision. 

27 minutes ago, Valriera said:

Mental is the big part.

Laf always had it, Kakko does not.

Step one for Kakko is to hit everything that moves and hit them hard.

He has no room in the corners because nobody is afraid to be in the corner with him.