• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

There May Be Interest in Trouba If Rangers Retain Some Salary

1 hour ago, Albatrosss said:

Trouba we know is not Trouba we saw in the playoffs.  It is obvious he was hurt cause his timing was way off.  he couldnt hit anyone, didnt skate well, tried to overcompensate for his shortcomings by making even more bad decisions.  I think and hope that he's going to rebound come October but would still love him to be on the 3rd pairing with PK time.  

I'm hoping for the same, Simon!  I know he'd been better than what we saw during the season, but Jesus....he was BAD in the playoffs....Like embarassingly BAD!

Agreed.  I look forward to a year from a solid, if overpaid, third unit defenseman (who steps up to the second unit as dictated by injuries and in game situations), after which, with the pending cap crunch, his last year will have to be traded (easier then than now) or bought out.  Have a nice summer, Jacob.

As far as I know, Trouba has the same partial NTC as Goodrow, so I would assume they can waive the former if they can the latter.  Folks have questioned whether in terms of team harmony they would really waive Trouba and have the Sharks pick him up, but they are at least not hesitant to do that with the respected letterman and playoff performer Goodrow.  

13 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I have a feeling Goodrow is going to be the only move other than signing a RW and re-signing Lindgren & Schneider.  Hopefully I'm wrong, but something tells me this is it.

copycat

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

I have a feeling Goodrow is going to be the only move other than signing a RW and re-signing Lindgren & Schneider.  Hopefully I'm wrong, but something tells me this is it.

I hope not, but you may be right. lol There's not too much else you can do to compliment the roster. Mika and Panarin aren't going anywhere, it's just a matter of deepening the roster a bit. We shall see.

• Keeps it 100 1

On 6/19/2024 at 11:21 AM, RJWantsTheCup said:

Brace yourselves for this, be pleasantly surprised when it’s not. 

in all reality moving 3 guys with nmc/ntc’s was probably a pipe dream to begin with. 

drury also has a team that got to the eastern conference finals 2/3 years. “Blowing it up” for the sake of blowing it up would be stupid. Making strategic moves to improve the team is another thing. Sometimes those moves just aren’t on the table. Rather he make no moves than bad moves. 

• Applause 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

2 hours ago, Lord Al said:

Would Chris Drury blackmail Truba with a trade or else he gets on waivers and San Jose claims him?

I doubt it. But that'd be amazing.

Im one of the few who want Trouba to stay. I realize that his cap hit is too much and his playoff performance was a disaster but I want this type of a warrior on my team every day of the week, and he’s a warrior.  

9 hours ago, Albatrosss said:

Im one of the few who want Trouba to stay. I realize that his cap hit is too much and his playoff performance was a disaster but I want this type of a warrior on my team every day of the week, and he’s a warrior.  

Trouba is a slow warrior without much in the way of puck skills.

Every goalie wants a couple Girardis. You think we're impressed by dudes abandoning their post and bailing on forecheckers?

Saw Girardi a couple months ago, he runs a AAA team up here, he looks like he runs triathlons for fun.

• JIMMY! 1

Trouba is a liability. He panics in big spots, it looks like he’s steering a gondola when he tries stick handling and he is slow as shit. His “OMG TROUBA TRAIN” hits rarely land and when they miss, his slow ass is out of position with no hopes in getting back in time to neutralize a scoring chance against Igor or Quick.

I would trade him for a broken DVD player and a half eaten bowl of soup.

Coming to the conclusion there’s little to no chance this happens because his contract is that rancid.

Seriously a handcuff on what Drury hopes to do to adjust this roster. Because we have an anchor on our 3rd pair eating a chunk of cap space who legitimately may not even be worthy of a roster spot come camp.

3 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Trouba is a liability. He panics in big spots, it looks like he’s steering a gondola when he tries stick handling and he is slow as shit. His “OMG TROUBA TRAIN” hits rarely land and when they miss, his slow ass is out of position with no hopes in getting back in time to neutralize a scoring chance against Igor or Quick.

I would trade him for a broken DVD player and a half eaten bowl of soup.

Coming to the conclusion there’s little to no chance this happens because his contract is that rancid.

Seriously a handcuff on what Drury hopes to do to adjust this roster. Because we have an anchor on our 3rd pair eating a chunk of cap space who legitimately may not even be worthy of a roster spot come camp.

This is recentcy bias. You’re basically saying Trouba is not an NHL player, which isn’t true at all.  

• Like 1
  • Bullseye 1