• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

There May Be Interest in Trouba If Rangers Retain Some Salary

1 minute ago, Albatrosss said:

This is recentcy bias. You’re basically saying Trouba is not an NHL player, which isn’t true at all.  

Agree here.

I don't think he's as bad as what we saw against Florida, clearly the injuries were hampering him, but at the end of the day he's the one player left on the roster that isn't even worth his paycheck during the regular season.

He's a two million dollar defenseman that you can't pay $6 million for "leadership" and shot blocking, especially when the impetus for the blocked shot is that you can't get the puck out of the zone. It's not like he's suppressing a ton of shots off the rush. 

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Agree here.

I don't think he's as bad as what we saw against Florida, clearly the injuries were hampering him, but at the end of the day he's the one player left on the roster that isn't even worth his paycheck during the regular season.

He's a two million dollar defenseman that you can't pay $6 million for "leadership" and shot blocking, especially when the impetus for the blocked shot is that you can't get the puck out of the zone. It's not like he's suppressing a ton of shots off the rush. 

2m? I think that’s little exaggeration here. I mean some people here think Lindgren is worh $5M. Surely Trouba is worth more that $2M

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Albatrosss said:

This is recentcy bias. You’re basically saying Trouba is not an NHL player, which isn’t true at all.  

He stinks. It’s not bias. He’s absolutely fucking pitiful. He’s gotten worse. He’s gotten jumped in 2.5 years by Schneider. He will walk into camp as arguably the most expensive 3rd pair defenseman in the sports history. And for a team that needs some wiggle room in order to keep some of its young stars, it’s a travesty we have to nickel and dime around the real issue, which is the fact were stuck having this guy guzzle up more cap room.

It absolutely sucks, just like Trouba.

4 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

He stinks. It’s not bias. He’s absolutely fucking pitiful. He’s gotten worse. He’s gotten jumped in 2.5 years by Schneider. He will walk into camp as arguably the most expensive 3rd pair defenseman in the sports history. And for a team that needs some wiggle room in order to keep some of its young stars, it’s a travesty we have to nickel and dime around the real issue, which is the fact were stuck having this guy guzzle up more cap room.

2 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Back in the winter there was a thread saying how good Trouba was looking this year. He faded a bit from that, but was still decent. He got hurt, came back and stunk miserably.

That was a really bad stretch of hockey. It’s probably underplayed how much the injury affected him because he’s not the type to ride an excuse even if it’s more of a reason than excuse. It happens. He’s probably still likely to be a $4-5 millionish quality defenseman next year, overpaid by $3-4 million.

2 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

Back in the winter there was a thread saying how good Trouba was looking this year. He faded a bit from that, but was still decent. He got hurt, came back and stunk miserably.

That was a really bad stretch of hockey. It’s probably underplayed how much the injury affected him because he’s not the type to ride an excuse even if it’s more of a reason than excuse. It happens. He’s probably still likely to be a $4-5 millionish quality defenseman next year, overpaid by $3-4 million.

And what about the helmet throw?  That’s gotta be worth an extra $1M

7 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

He really loooked decent to start the year. He faded as the season went on and then was horrendous after the injury. 

He was “healed” for the playoffs but clearly not right. If they keep him, better hope that ankle is remedied because that’s going to be a brutal thing to watch all season long.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

39 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

He broke a bone in his ankle and was back in the lineup something like 26 days later. He never fully healed. It was painfully obvious. It impacted his play in the resoundingly negative. 
He was having a pretty nice season. 
When he came back and through the rest of the season and playoffs, he was abysmal.

You put part of that on the coaching and team medical staff. 

I get why he was in the lineup. If you’re Peter Laviolette and your captain is medically cleared to play and says he can go, you play him.

But he probably shouldn’t have been playing. 

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 1

6 minutes ago, RJWantsTheCup said:

They might be playing for the cup if he didn’t play.  

Zac Jones probably folds under the relentless hits from the Panthers forwards.

• Keeps it 100 1

Just now, Mistercosmic said:

Was he also injured two years ago in the third game of the Conference Finals against the Bolts and almost single-handedly lost us this important game with three extraordinary stupid penalties?

Trouba's penalties come in two varieties:

1.  The menacing hits gone wrong category where he sticks an elbow out at the wrong time.

2.  The "Oops, OMG, grab, grab" type that occur when he's suddenly in no man's land and can't catch up.

35 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Zac Jones probably folds under the relentless hits from the Panthers forwards.

I mean, you don’t know that as an absolute. Regardless, holds little to no credibility because there’s no way of ever knowing. 

What I do know is Trouba was pitiful in that series. And was a massive detriment literally every single time he took a shift.

• Keeps it 100 1

31 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I mean, you don’t know that as an absolute. Regardless, holds little to no credibility because there’s no way of ever knowing. 

What I do know is Trouba was pitiful in that series. And was a massive detriment literally every single time he took a shift.

Noone is disputing that, but that was not your usual Trouba.  Dont forget that he’s also the first one out on the PK and the only D on 5 on 3 PK. 

53 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Yes.

When you allow guys to play injured- not hurt- injured… it’s a total liability.

And the results were obvious.

Again… I can’t kill the player, especially your Captain, for being a gamer and wanting to be out there. Not at all.

But how is the medical staff clearing him from a broken ankle in less than 4 weeks?

Even on a non-weight bearing bone, with a professional athlete in great shape who is receiving exceptional medical care, that’s insane. 
It’s almost impossible to believe. 

Clearly not healed enough. And if you’re playing, it might still technically be healing, but it’s not getting better. 
He probably needed to be immobilized for several weeks and to have been out for 6 weeks or so.

He didn’t get any of that I don’t believe.