• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

There May Be Interest in Trouba If Rangers Retain Some Salary

16 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

All of that’s fine, but there was plenty of reason to yank Trouba. Poor play, bad decisions, constantly taking back breaking penalties, on the ice for roughly 50% of the final 35 goals we gave up, playing teams too quick. And now also an injured ankle.

I get the warrior aspect. But he was making no impact and was actually hurting us. I just wish at one point, either the Captain or the coach would have called it for what it was and pulled him. Because now we know there was at least an excuse to fall back on.

I trust Laviolette. I have wanted Laviolette here since we fired Renney back in 2009. The guy is a winner. I believe in him. I just wish he would have at some point pulled the plug here with Trouba, because he really was *that* bad for us in the playoffs.

Who would you put out there whi!e  your in a  cup run ,I think Lavi did the right thing cause Troupa is better than the back ups we have even hurt 

2 minutes ago, lefty9 said:

Who would you put out there whi!e  your in a  cup run ,I think Lavi did the right thing cause Troupa is better than the back ups we have even hurt 

The proof is in the pudding. And the pudding was awfully shitty.

On for half of the final 35 goals. In the box for a few of them too. Constantly took himself out of position.

I just don’t see a fit for him here. 

This franchise would be much better off having him and his cap hit removed and allocated to other areas of need. Schneider has jumped him on the depth chart.

• Like 1
  • Keeps it 100 2

13 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

The proof is in the pudding. And the pudding was awfully shitty.

On for half of the final 35 goals. In the box for a few of them too. Constantly took himself out of position.

I just don’t see a fit for him here. 

This franchise would be much better off having him and his cap hit removed and allocated to other areas of need. Schneider has jumped him on the depth chart.

Natural Progression. Schneider replaces Trouba. Hopes were Laf would replace Kreider at LW but his surge at RW kills that idea. Cuylle most likely will suffer the sophomore slump next year and we have no center depth to move. Replacing Trouba with Schneider is a no brainer.

41 minutes ago, lefty9 said:

I would've kept Miller with Schneider, and swapped in Jones to play limited minutes with Gus on the 3rd pair. Couldn't have been much worse than watching Trouba.....

• Keeps it 100 1

4 minutes ago, Karan said:

Interesting...response by Trouba this morning.

If this is a roundabout way for Trouba saying he has mental health issues, he needs to get off social media and speak to someone because it's not a joke, truly.

If he doesn't, this is a terrible use of a serious subject to try to shame someone being critical of your on-ice play.

Posted (edited)

That Pasha guy is a Rangers-hating scumbag and some of the shit he said in that video is straight up stupid. I get websites like Barstool and Spittin’ Chiclets having a huge platform nowadays, and it is good like 95% of the time and is harmless, innocent banter. But that guy needs to go, he is just a straight up Imbecile.

That said, Troubas response is a bit eyebrow raising, I completely agree.

Edited by RichieNextel305
  • Keeps it 100 2

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

That Pasha guy is a Rangers-hating scumbag and some of the shit he said in that video is straight up stupid. I get websites like Barstool and Spittin’ Chiclets having a huge platform nowadays, and it is good like 95% of the time and is harmless, innocent banter. But that guy needs to go, he is just a straight up Imbecile.

I agree. And to a point we are all a little guilty of it (though not on the thermo-nuclear level that this guy went to, because he got really personal), and sometimes we should all take a step back and realize a few things, some I touched on in another post.

• This is sports, it's not life and death.
  • These are humans, not robots.
  • The people criticizing sit behind their keyboards and have likely never played a sport competitively at a high level.
  • The people spewing hate are taking it/making it personal...Remember guys, this didn't happen TO YOU...YOU WATCHED it happen to someone else.
  • Losing is harder for them than it is for you.
  • None of us would be able to handle doing our job in front of 20,000 people every night and then having our performance reviewed and dissected daily by not only  our boss (the coaches), but the clients (fans) and the media...And then written about with a comments section.
  • None of us need to face the media asking stupid questions after the worst moment of our lives. "Uh hey, yea was wondering if you could talk more about how you come back from losing your job the day after your wife walked out on you and took the kids, oh yea she was also fucking your best friend...What can you do to get better?"

I could go on, but I won't. I used to think the money and fame was compensation enough and that it goes with the territory. The older I get, the more I can see how untrue that is.

Sometimes it's hard to bottle frustration, like I boil over with Kreider because if I was 6'3, 230 and could skate like him—wow would I be a different player than he is, but whatever man... It's just a fucking game and I'm glad I've learned to collect moments of joy throughout the season, win or lose.

Edited by Pete
  • Bullseye 2
  • Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, RichieNextel305 said:

I think Trouba is taking it a bit far, but good for him using his platform for good.

On the other hand, I don't understand why scumbags like Peshigi get any sort of platform - truly a guy riding the coattails of more successful people.

• Keeps it 100 2

To be clear for the people who don’t listen, the guys on chiclets said he went too far with that last part of his rant about epilepsy and his wife.

the beginning is spot on.. trouba sucks lol

Trouba + Kakko + conditional 1st in 25 or b level prospect to Anaheim for 

Vatrano + Gudas 

Monetarily it works perfectly for us and Anaheim has nearly 35m in cap space so they could absorb the little extra cap hit of re-upping Kakko who would benefit from a change of scenery and less pressure. Conditional 1st is the sweetener that makes them even think of doing this trade. Vatrano has one year left, Gudas has 2 (at 4m)

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, siddious said:

To be clear for the people who don’t listen, the guys on chiclets said he went too far with that last part of his rant about epilepsy and his wife.

the beginning is spot on.. trouba sucks lol

Why are they letting some idiot videographer even have a say about hockey if they want to be taken seriously?

5 minutes ago, Pete said:

Why are they letting some idiot videographer even have a say about hockey if they want to be taken seriously?

I dunno he’s part of their crew.

i don’t get why anyone takes chiclets so seriously. They call themselves clowns half the time. 

20 hours ago, lefty9 said:

Maybe it pays to give Trouba one more season.  If he continues to struggle then trade him during the season.

34 minutes ago, Rangers1994 said:

Maybe it pays to give Trouba one more season.  If he continues to struggle then trade him during the season.

If Trouba struggles again it will be harder to trade him.  At least now there’s an injury excuse to some degree.  

The more I think about this the more I think that Drury should entertain the possibility of a McDonagh strong arm deal.  It worked for Tampa because they canvassed the bottom trollers and got some assurance that he would be taken if put on waivers.  I guess there's no tampering issues with that.  If Drury approached a team like the Sharks, they might just take him off waivers.  They would be getting a very physical defenseman and leader who will probably be better than he was the tail end of this year.  The cap hit wouldn't hurt them and they only have to pay him $6m rather than the cap hit.  Now, none of the teams not on the no-trade list would take the full cap hit, as Nashville did with McD, so we would just have to go through with putting him on waivers, spooked teammates be damned.

24 minutes ago, Sod16 said:

The more I think about this the more I think that Drury should entertain the possibility of a McDonagh strong arm deal.  It worked for Tampa because they canvassed the bottom trollers and got some assurance that he would be taken if put on waivers.  I guess there's no tampering issues with that.  If Drury approached a team like the Sharks, they might just take him off waivers.  They would be getting a very physical defenseman and leader who will probably be better than he was the tail end of this year.  The cap hit wouldn't hurt them and they only have to pay him $6m rather than the cap hit.  Now, none of the teams not on the no-trade list would take the full cap hit, as Nashville did with McD, so we would just have to go through with putting him on waivers, spooked teammates be damned.

That was only needed because McDonagh had a full NTC, but not an NMC so he could nix all trades but still be waived. He was still worth close to his contract value at the time so he would have been claimed by a random team. So he worked with Tampa to custom pick a known spot that wanted him and he could tolerate.

Trouba can only cross out 15 teams. Still, it would be wise of the org to work with him on a preferred destination if they really want to get him out. Treating the situation with respect matters. Jokes and recency bias aside, he’s given this org a lot of himself. Others are watching.

• Keeps it 100 1

That would be a great trade.  Compher can play 2C or 3C and he'd open up a Zibenajad trade window for the Rangers this summer if they can find a taker that Zib wants.

8 minutes ago, Br4d said:

That would be a great trade.  Compher can play 2C or 3C and he'd open up a Zibenajad trade window for the Rangers this summer if they can find a taker that Zib wants.

Except they're not trading Zib. 

Edited by Pete
  • Applause 1

Detroit is a favorite of mine to complete a trade. There are a lot of options and I think there is pressure to start being a playoff team again. Larkin has been there since he was 19 years old in '15-'16, and his rookie year was the last time the Red Wings made the playoffs. 8 seasons of no playoffs.

I don't think Trouba helps them get there. I know of two guys we have who might though. Just need to ask.