• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Culture Shock? Brady Tkachuk Has Entered the Chat ...

1 minute ago, phillyb said:

Don't see Guentzel signing for 1 year. 

Stephenson's gonna be looking for more than 4m per season, probably more like 6m eh?

Right. He's been criminally underpaid for three seasons. He's not going to take below market value.

• Keeps it 100 1

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

But we won the cup.  ...and who said he would've done anything for us?  Anderson had chemistry with Mess, Graves and MacTavish...had 5 points, and played tough.  I liked Gartner too, but some moves aren't made for points....maybe to make a point  😉

Ozzy Gartner scored  slot  goals for the rangers,so I would think he would continue ,his scoring

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

But we won the cup.  ...and who said he would've done anything for us?  Anderson had chemistry with Mess, Graves and MacTavish...had 5 points, and played tough.  I liked Gartner too, but some moves aren't made for points....maybe to make a point  😉

By the time the playoffs were over Anderson was on the fourth line and Kovalev was playing with Messier and Graves.

I think it's probably safe to say that was one of the moves that backfired. 

Who's to say with more goals they wouldn't have had to go to seven versus New Jersey and maybe they close it out in five against Vancouver? 

Yeah, in the end they won, but it had nothing to do with that trade. 

• Keeps it 100 1

The Rangers have the value without Lafreniere or Fox to get Tkachuk.

I think something along the lines of Kreider/Miller/Othmann is enough valuewise. They just have to currency exchange Kreider with another team first.

50 minutes ago, BrooksBurner said:

The Rangers have the value without Lafreniere or Fox to get Tkachuk.

I think something along the lines of Kreider/Miller/Othmann is enough valuewise. They just have to currency exchange Kreider with another team first.

And bring the gun to point at Kreider's head. Plus a defenseman who struggles to play D and is prone to lay brain farts all over the ice at times by many here  and an AHL guy who didn't even get a sniff when we needed something to try and get the bottom six moving. 

Other than that could be a done deal. 

I have a feeling were going to end up being disappointed when camp starts with all the familiar faces based on the lack of major changes. 

Let's see if they're even able to discard Trouba and how much space we actually gain there. 

Again tee up the crow if they can shed the dead weight and how much turd polish Drury can sell others. 

3 minutes ago, Scott said:

And bring the gun to point at Kreider's head. Plus a defenseman who struggles to play D and is prone to lay brain farts all over the ice at times by many here  and an AHL guy who didn't even get a sniff when we needed something to try and get the bottom six moving. 

I have a feeling were going to end up being disappointed when camp starts with all the familiar faces based on the lack of major changes. 

Let's see if they're even able to discard Trouba and how much space we actually gain there. 

Again tee up the crow if they can shed the dead weight and how much turd polish Drury can sell others. 

So what you're saying is they might have no choice but to run back a president's trophy winner who went to the Eastern conference finals and were within one shot of winning almost every game and now have all summer to address the most glaring holes instead of having to be worked at the trade deadline?

That would be incredibly disappointing. I don't know if I could sit through another season of that. Sigh. 

• LOL 2
  • LMFAO 1
  • Bullseye 1
  • Believe 1

26 minutes ago, Scott said:

Kreider can only rule out 15 teams. Don’t need a gun.

Shhh. Don’t tell anyone about Miller.

23 minutes ago, Pete said:

So what you're saying is they might have no choice but to run back a president's trophy winner who went to the Eastern conference finals and were within one shot of winning almost every game and now have all summer to address the most glaring holes instead of having to be worked at the trade deadline?

That would be incredibly disappointing. I don't know if I could sit through another season of that. Sigh. 

The Office Reaction GIF

• Bullseye 1

4 hours ago, RichieNextel305 said:

Fox, Kreider, Chytil, Kakko, Othmann and a 1st for Tkachuk and Chychrun.

Trade Trouba, retain $2 Million, add a pick to sweeten it.

Sign Guentzel to a 1 year, $10 Million deal.

Sign Chandler Stephenson 4 years $16 Million deal.

Sign Brendan Dillon to a 2 year, $6 Million deal.

Panarin-Trocheck-Lafreniere

Guentzel-Zibanejad-Tkachuk

Cuylle-Stephenson-Berard

Vesey-Goodrow-Rempe

Chychrun-Dillon

Miller-Schneider

Lindgren-Jones

Shesterkin

Quick

And before you ask, this is well under the projected $88 Million Salary Cap.

A nuclear bomb. Brings in talent. Brings in size. Brings in toughness. Brings in attitude. Brings in your Captain for the next decade.

boom GIF

You can't trade both Fox and Trouba.  Keep at least one of them.

22 minutes ago, Pete said:

That’s the narrative I think so many of us are missing.

It’s hugely disappointing to get eliminated.

And yes… despite the fact that the games were all close… they got their asses handed to them for big stretches. 

But…. There’s still a lot there. 
And while there are some serious flaws and holes, they actually do have pieces to fix them, and the ability to create a path.

8 hours ago, BrooksBurner said:

Kreider can only rule out 15 teams. Don’t need a gun.

Shhh. Don’t tell anyone about Miller.

Last I looked Brooksie people were throwing his name around in a deal with

Ottawa for Brady so in that case I believe a gun would be required. I also doubt Ottawa has much interest in dealing the guy to begin with. Although maybe they just can't say no to some Kakko. 

• 2 weeks later...

Igor is probably the hook for a Brady Tkachuk deal if it happens.

Igor + Othmann + Kakko should get it done.  The deal is even cap neutral next season so neither team needs to jump through hoops.

The Rangers then have a natural trade of Kreider to Boston for Ullmark, again fairly cap neutral.

1 minute ago, Br4d said:

Igor + Othmann + Kakko should get it done.  The deal is even cap neutral next season so neither team needs to jump through hoops.

The Rangers then have a natural trade of Kreider to Boston for Ullmark, again fairly cap neutral.

Dealing Igor to Ottawa is probably contingent upon Igor signing an extension first, no?

Cant see how that deal goes down if the main piece they get back is UFA in 12 months. 

8 minutes ago, RangersIn7 said:

Dealing Igor to Ottawa is probably contingent upon Igor signing an extension first, no?

Cant see how that deal goes down if the main piece they get back is UFA in 12 months. 

They have Giroux coming off the cap after next season.  They could make Igor the highest paid goalie in the NHL.

Edit: the point of the deal for them is to become competitive next season and continue the build in the process.

Edited by Br4d

Just now, Br4d said:

They have Giroux coming off the cap after next season.  They could make Igor the highest paid goalie in the NHL.

Oh I know they have the space. 
But he’d have to want to be there long-term and sign the extension.

I can’t see them making that trade without that in place. 

One year of Igor would not do Ottawa any good.  I doubt he'd take $12m from Ottawa to extend when he can get it elsewhere.  They don't need a 33 year old like Kreider who will be on the way out by the time they are contending.  A theoretical trade to Ottawa for BT would be for something like Miller, Kakko and Cuylle/Othmann.

1 minute ago, Sod16 said:

One year of Igor would not do Ottawa any good.  I doubt he'd take $12m from Ottawa to extend when he can get it elsewhere.  They don't need a 33 year old like Kreider who will be on the way out by the time they are contending.  A theoretical trade to Ottawa for BT would be for something like Miller, Kakko and Cuylle/Othmann.

My original proposal was : Tkachuk for Igor + Othmann + Kakko.

Edit: also I disagree that Igor would not make them competitive.  He'd steal at least 5 wins next season, probably more and that's close to what it would take to make them a bubble team.  If Igor had a career year they are in the playoffs.

Edited by Br4d

11 minutes ago, Br4d said:

My original proposal was : Tkachuk for Igor + Othmann + Kakko.

Edit: also I disagree that Igor would not make them competitive.  He'd steal at least 5 wins next season, probably more and that's close to what it would take to make them a bubble team.  If Igor had a career year they are in the playoffs.

I don't see how that's attractive for Ottawa. NYR + Igor made it to ECF, even if OTT - Brady + Igor made the playoffs, what are they doing? Then he's more than likely walking.

Any realistic trade for Tkachuk starts with Lafreniere. Ottawa was expected to be a playoff team this season, they can't start yet another rebuild. Perrault and Othmann don't help them today.

Edited by Pete

Ottawa hasn't made the playoffs in 7 years now.

I think you underestimate how desperate they are to get on a winning track at this point.  It's very possible that we all underestimate how anxious Brady Tkachuk is to win as his career is approaching the halfway point and he hasn't seen a post-season yet.

38 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Igor is the best player in this deal why are we also adding top prospects?

igors not going anywhere. You have to look at the goaltending pipeline of this team alone to know that.

12 minutes ago, Br4d said:

Ottawa hasn't made the playoffs in 7 years now.

I think you underestimate how desperate they are to get on a winning track at this point.  It's very possible that we all underestimate how anxious Brady Tkachuk is to win as his career is approaching the halfway point and he hasn't seen a post-season yet.

I don't disagree. But one year of Igor while they lose their best forward doesn't helps them much without getting Lafreniere back. 

• Applause 1